• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The birth of a Templar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
(Story over my old character Hector from my World of Warcraft days.)

...Hector shook his head at the invite of Arguluath, with a motion of his hand he spoke quietly to the group of elves. "My arrival in Stormwind is the beginning of a matter that pertains my fate, I thank you for your company but my leave must be taken at this moment, Good day M'lady and gentlemen." bowing his head with a respectful gleam in his eye he set off through the town of Stormwind looking for what he had needed.

Hector passed through the bustling streets of Stormwind where several Stormwind-men and Gnomes traversed, finding their ways to the many markets and shops with the occasional pickpocket being chased after. Such a diverse town he thought as his eyes laid on a pair of dwarves who were playing a game of dice in front of a spice merchant's cart.

His eyes raced over the buildings as he had not found the one which he had come long and far to find, his swift search was ended when he felt a hand clasp his shoulder with a familiar voice sounded. "Brother, come with me." Turning back he saw the face of his sibling, two inches taller in height that he, the older of the two Travian had always looked over his brother until he lost his left hand where he quit the work of a mercenary, working for the human kingdoms as he would not stoop to fight for the foul men and orcs. He wore a linen shirt with laces at the neck, his pants of a red color, his rightside having a longsword within it's sheath, baring the crest of a raven at the hilt of his wepaon. His eyes were black as a pool of darkness yet brought comfort for they were the eyes of a kind man, his nose was slightly disproportioned from breaking it in a fight years ago yet he made many of a woman swoon for his charms and his still handsome figure.

Travian led the way through a cramped alleyway where Hector had trouble getting through, with each step seeming to further him into a deathtrap. "Almost there." his brother murmured as he stamped into a courtyard that held the beauty that a elven home would. "Father's..?" Travian merely nodded his head when he opened the door of the home situated right there, the door standing at fourteen feet in height, a ravencrest embedded on the middle of the large wooden entrance.

Walking within the building he looked around to see his father's many trophies and weapons that he had accumulated over the years, over a fireplace he showed that rare smile seeing the large dragontooth that he had found with his father as a young man. Travian motioned him over to a large chestnut table that seemed to be more of a replica of a miniature world, for his father had loved to simulate battles of old while he spoke tales of his heroism or of battles ages long past.

Travian broke his reminisence with a warm smile for it had been three years since he had seen his brother. "Hector, it is good to have you back my brother." The usually emotionless brother caressed the smooth top of the table remembering his childhood oh so well. "It indeed brings memories.." he whispered under his voice. "The Inheritance? You spoke of?" Travian's face lost it's smile but turned to a breathful sigh. "Yes..that," turning from the table he reluctantly turned to a small chest near the fireplace, pulling out a smaller iron-clad box he carried it over and placed it on the table. "This is it."

Hector eyed the iron box wondering the contents but he did notice his dear brother's sigh. "What ails you?" his brother shook his head, not wishing for concern. "Naught but I wish that our father would be here to see his two sons once more."Hector nodded his head, knowing that he himself would love to see the man who he had made his rolemodel in battle and in life for it was his own father that he learned the Art of Swordsmanship from and he where he learned the etiquette of the upperclass so he could best be situated to adapt to any situation.

After a small moment of silence Travian said to his brother pointing to his old room. "Rest there, we'll speak of the ordeal more tommorow my brother.." Hector did not admit how weary he was but he bowed his head as was accustomed to him and set off to his room that was quite large, being able to fit at the most twenty men for their own home was three stories high. "Home.." he murmured as he took off his cumbersome armor, looking affectionately at all of his drawings he had made with several gifts from his father, as if wishing to continue the dream he set off to a deep sleep.

Travian took the container of the inheritance for his brother, smiling to himself the entire time for he was more than overjoyed to see his brother and he knew when his brother feigned to not be weary.

At least he hasn't changed.

He thought to himself being glad that he indeed stayed the same, locking the chest he sat down on a large chair with comforting pillows filled with goosefeathers set under it. With his eyes closing he fell into a slumber as well, for the showing his brother the way of the Templar would indeed t

Status
Not open for further replies.