• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Christmas Story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This isn't to well written but its for Christmas so here you go.

The night of Christmas Eve. This is a time to be with your families, have fun, and await the coming Christmas day. For one such family this dream was a reality for years among years. The Peterson family was an average family. The parents cooked a nice dinner every night and they all ate at the dinner table talking about the days events. On Christmas Eve the family cooked up a nice meal composing of a small ham and saving the turkey for Christmas night. Dinner had just been finished and the family was now all sitting in the living room watching, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.” The father was laughing, the children were giggling, and the mother was smiling with glee. They're a happy family and spend lots of time together, but there was always something magical about Christmas night.
Finally the Christmas original was over and the children rushed for their beds, looking forward to sleep but knowing that it was far off. The father tucked in his son and left the room, the door cracked open. The boy, only ten, was exited you see but not only for the coming Christmas morning but for the plan he had set in place. The boy was still a believer in Santa and was planning on climbing to the roof to meet him on this night. He would climb the roof once his parents were in bed, sleeping and dreaming.
The boy watched the door slowly close, the light underneath diminished and darkness arose. The boy left his room, his plan in his mind. He tip toed down the stairs and rushed to the door, flinging it open allowing the cold air to rush him. He stepped outside onto the stone stairs leading to his home. He walked along the house, turning the corner and reaching the ladder he had set in place. He climbs the ladder ever so slowly as to not wake his parents. He reaches the top and climbs over the gutters onto the cold snow covered roof. The slope of the roof was ever so gradual and was easy to walk on without slipping. The boy walked over and sat by the chimney, the thin cold air not bothering him through the excitement.
He waited for what seemed like hours until he finally heard a sound on the far side of the roof. He jumped up and looked into the dark shadowy night hanging over the roof. He couldn't see anything for a few moments, then out of the dark a figure arose.

“Santa is that you!” the boy did exclaim. The figure replied,
“Why yes I am Santa. Here with presents for you good girls and boys!”
To the boy, the voice didn't sound like what he expected from Santa. The voice was high and broken like that of a smoker. The figure then coughed and stepped closer revealing a dirty Santa outfit.
“Now my good friend do you think you could help me into your home where I can deliver the presents?” The boy looks curiously.
“Why don't you just use the chimney Santa, thats how you do it right?” The man laughs, again nothing like Santa.
“I'm tired of chimneys. I'm using the front door now.” The boy looks at the man.
“Santa I'm not supposed to let people that I don't know in. Not that I don't know you but if you can use the chimney you should use it.” The man glares at the boy.
“I didn't want to have to do this but you leave me no choice,” the man says with and angry growl. From his pocket the man reveals a small object and points it at the boy. “Now show me to the door and show me in or I'll shoot you and your family and you don't want that do you?” The boys eyes go wide and tears begin to pool when out of the shadows does a loud bang arise. Then a thud and a swoosh and moments later another figure flies into the man with the fake Santa sweater.
The man cries in surprise, dropping his gun in the attack. The attacker throws fists into the face of the man with the gun, who cries and wheezes in pain. The fight finally stops and the attacker stands tall. He turns and smiles the widest of smiles the boy had ever seen, and he returns this as he realizes who the man is, “Your Santa your Santa!” the boy does exclaim. The man laughs and tosses the boy a small red box which he catches and smiles at Santa as he turns towards his slay which is glowing from lights hanging from it. The boy looks at the box and opens it fast revealing a small envelope with. The boy opens it and finds a letter, reading it fast he smiles and laughs at what it does ask. It warns about people like the fake Santa imitator that did attack, saying don't talk to strangers my good boy, or you'll end up like that man not receiving a single toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.