• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Burning Troll

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
My submission for Modelling Contest #35 - Troll

Use or edit as you wish, so long as you credit me.

This model started as, more or less, a Troll Blunderbore, before it took on its own identity. It could be a mercenary hero, miniboss, who knows. I just started trying stuff while making it.

It comes with two non-exclusive transformations- a big buff Ultimate form, and a special Immolation form. Originally, I meant for this character to be slow and hobbled in his original form, bulky and slow in his large form, and significantly more mobile in his burning forms. This, like a number of things, didn't pan out, so I never got around to deleting or untagging the extra Walk Fast animations.

Additionally, I meant for his
Walk Fast Channel to be part of an ability.
Spell Slam was for launching large projectile attacks.
Spell Two was used as a secondary Morph animation, while Spell Three is the Unmorph.
During limited testing, the
UPGRADE Portrait variants weren't displaying, however, I doubt this should be a problem with some clever triggering.
(Alternate tag applies the buff form, while UPGRADE applies the burning effect)

Honestly, I'm happy with how the mesh turned out, and little else. I was largely guessing how the alternate form would turn out- as I was hoping to make him significantly more, almost comically top heavy, except for his teeny-looking normal-sized head.

EDIT:
Fixed bloodsplats
Contents

The Burning Troll (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A cool model, but there are so many issue, flaws and unneeded things in this model...
Level 17
I should probably apologize for the massive filesize.

Turns out four separate animation sets and three custom textures is a bit of a load.
To be fair, given the sheer amount of available things the model provides perhaps that's justified.

usually since a file size like 1.5MB are odd ones out, the people who choose to use such a model are most likely aiming to use the models full potential.

plus given that people mention credits you allow them to perhaps edit out some of the things they dont wish to use to reduce size so i'd see this as a win overall.

To be fair, given the sheer amount of available things the model provides perhaps that's justified.

usually since a file size like 1.5MB are odd ones out, the people who choose to use such a model are most likely aiming to use the models full potential.

plus given that people mention credits you allow them to perhaps edit out some of the things they dont wish to use to reduce size so i'd see this as a win overall.
problem is, this models' full potential is something of a joke, considering I had to half-ass the animations.