• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Burning Invasion v1.02

It is not an Ordinary lame CTF game, where you have to bring enemies' flag to the line.
This game is based on Rules of World of Warcraft minigame - Warsong Gulch.

Capture Enemies Flag 5 times before your enemies do!
Choose a Hero from 16 available and join in an Epic fight.

Basic Rules

Team which scores 5 points wins.
To score a point you must capture enemies flag.
To capture a flag you must take enemies flag to your base flag's area.
If your flag is not in it's place while you enter your flag's region, nothing happens.
To make enemy hero drop your flag, you must kill him.
To return your flag to it's place, you must take the dropped flag.

In game there are only player controlled units. I.E.: Heroes and/or their summons.
Credits

Many thanks for guys from Hiveworkshop, they've taught me well.

Credits for Models:
Weep - Arcane Barrage Missile; JetFangInferno - Frozen Field/Freezing Land Blast, Living Bomb explosion; Champara Bros - Judgement hammer; Dan van Ohllus - Pheonix Knight; WILL THE ALMIGHTY - Living Bomb's explosion;

Credits for Icons:
Most passive icons are made from Active icons from the original Warcraft III, using Button Manager v1.7 by Shadow Daemon.

CRAZYRUSSIAN - Divine Storm; World of Warcraft - Seal of Light, Judgement.
Heroes to Play

The Silver Hand
Holy Avenger, Cardinal, Silent Assassin, Puremental, Sharpshooter, Arcanist, Mountain King, Pheonix Knight

The Burning Legion
Dark Titan, Lich, Fel Warlock, Fel Berserker, Zealot, Nightmare, Firelord, Armageddon.

If you found any buggs or have suggestions, write me a private message or write me at [email protected]

v1.00 - First release

Replaced Firelord's Magical Backfire with Flood.
Empty Vial is removed temporarily from Shops.
Added command to set Capture Limit (-cl XX).
Beefed up the Fel Hounds (Warlock's Summons).
Changed Nightmare's Midnight Blast Scale from 75/100/125/150 to 50/75/100/125 damage at day.
Increased Firelord's Incinerate Escape range to max of 1200, up from 800 over 5 seconds.
Increased damage absorbtion of Frozen Field's shield to 20%, up from 10%.
Added a noticement, that if True Berserker is active, Berserk Rage heals for damage taken.

Berserk Rage no more heals while under effects of True Berserker.
Impale cooldown increased from 11 to 17 seconds.
Glass Cannon cooldown reduced from 35 to 20 seconds.
Deadly Slumber duration reduces by 1 second per level, instead of increasing. Lasts 6 seconds at level 1.
Howl of Terror duration increased from 7 to 11 seconds.
Frozen Core reduces damage by 4%/level, up from 3%/level.
Reduced mana cost of Judgement to 90, down from 115.
Silene now Pacifies enemies, instead of just silencing. Spell renamed to Soothing Silence and cooldown increased to 17 seconds.
Remade Heroic Leap - Now damages targets AoE and stuns them in that AoE on the moment of landing, instead of targeting enemy and stunning instantly. In Turn, damage is reduced.
Increased Cast range of Heroic Leap and Blade Rush to 700, up from 600.
Reduced bonus damage taken from Seal of Light to 15%, down from 25%.
Split Fire cooldown increased to 75 seconds.
Slam duration reduced to 1 second, down from 1.5 seconds.
Arcane Blast mana cost scaling changed from 40/65/90/115 to constant 100.
Holy Bolt now deals damage and then Banishes target enemy, instead of dealing damage over time and reducing armor.

Keywords:
Warsong Gulch, WSG, WoW, CTF, Capture, The, Flag, Team, Game
Contents

The Burning Invasion v1.02 (Map)

Reviews
19:46, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 1
Doesn't look too promising...Apart from the "timid" attempt at a Description, I think I've seen something similar uploaded a long time ago (as concept, I'm not saying it's the same map...) But then again, judging by the file-size...Are you kidding me ?

- Rating : N/A
- Voting for : Rejection!

Level 9
Doesn't look too promising...Apart from the "timid" attempt at a Description, I think I've seen something similar uploaded a long time ago (as concept, I'm not saying it's the same map...) But then again, judging by the file-size...Are you kidding me ?

- Rating : N/A
- Voting for : Rejection!

Damn! Have you ever heard of such a thing like Mapsize compression?
And small map doesn't mean a lame map, as I didn't make any custom Loading/Minimap Preview screens.

Level 31
Type: Arena, Capture the Flag / CTF, Strategy / Risk

Do you know your map genre at first?

Damn! Have you ever heard of such a thing like Mapsize compression?
And small map doesn't mean a lame map, as I didn't make any custom Loading/Minimap Preview screens.

That is because your map description was terrible, it sounds just like another cheap CTF genre map and was very discouraging. It makes people doesn't feel want to download it at all.

Level 9
Do you know your map genre at first?

That is because your map description was terrible, it sounds just like another cheap CTF genre map and was very discouraging. It makes people doesn't feel want to download it at all.

Well, how would you call a ganre where you must work in team, making a strategy of How to capture your enemies' flag?

Well, I don't think there is any other such a Strict rule CTF map in the Hive.

Level 31
Well, how would you call a ganre where you must work in team, making a strategy of How to capture your enemies' flag?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-283/map-genre-explaination-170586/

Well, I don't think there is any other such a Strict rule CTF map in the Hive.

It is not the genre issues, but the issues of tag abuse. It been famous at map section for some people to abuse tag where they add all kind of genre to it even though it doesn't fit.

Maps must have adequate spelling and grammar. Maps must contain a valid author and map name. Maps must contain a proper description of what the map is about.

Your description at this moment was way very lacking, discouraging, boring and look just like many other CTF map. Tell us more about your map such as what makes this map unique or different than the others.

At the good old days, maybe such a description was acceptable; but definitely not now.

Use proper structure for your description as well. If you have no idea of how to do it, here is a sample for you.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/vampirism-nightmare-v3-03-a-97008/

Level 35
Description = pitch for making the sale
lack of description = lack of sales
lack of sales = map not played (on the hive, anyway)

Now, looking at your description, the objective is to capture the enemy flag 5 times. Why not allow players to choose how many times ingame?

16 heroes to choose from? How unique are they? Tell us a bit about them.
Additionally, what other units are in the game? Are there other units? Or is it just a mass hero fight? We need to know.

To me, CTF shouldn't be the only objective for a map. It is a great gameplay style, but not so great that it holds up on its own. I believe that if a map is going to include a CTF gameplay style, why not some other gameplay styles?

Level 9
Description = pitch for making the sale
lack of description = lack of sales
lack of sales = map not played (on the hive, anyway)

Now, looking at your description, the objective is to capture the enemy flag 5 times. Why not allow players to choose how many times ingame?

16 heroes to choose from? How unique are they? Tell us a bit about them.
Additionally, what other units are in the game? Are there other units? Or is it just a mass hero fight? We need to know.

To me, CTF shouldn't be the only objective for a map. It is a great gameplay style, but not so great that it holds up on its own. I believe that if a map is going to include a CTF gameplay style, why not some other gameplay styles?

Well, you see, my description is crappy because I don't know how to make it very uber good.

Well, I believe I shall make it it next version, thanks! ;)

It would take days of writing about them something.

Well, you see, one man said that using multiple classifications of map is BAAD, so I only use one. But I had an Idea to allow choosing from game types (CTF or AoS).

Level 35
As far as descriptions go with me, I prefer them to be concise but tell you everything you need to know. The example Septimus gave is, of course, an incredibly elaborate description. I don't think anyone expects descriptions like this for every map submition. But enough of a description to tell the players how to play the game, what your intentions were, credits (if you don't have credits within your map, that is) and other pieces of information you think are important to include is good enough for me.

The idea of choosing game types would be great to implement, even though I hate AoS with a passion (it's true, I do). When you do that, THEN I'll understand having a bit of confusion about the gametype. Atm, it's just a CTF. Your description of why you got confused about it was simply describing the gameplay style of any good CTF. So that would be its category ;)

Level 22
As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Approved

Additional Information:

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.