• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Bridge challange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
The Bridge challange is a simple competition i have thought of. For long people have asked , "Can units go under a bridge and another unit over it at the same time?" Of course, the answer is No.

People have come up with different solutions for this problem. Waygate's being the simplest way. But now, lets see YOUR solution. How will you resolve this problem?

Rating would be based on.

-Originality/Creativity ](Self explanitory) /8

-Effeciency of Method ](How well it works) /10

-Bugs, Leaks, Lag. (Any bugs with the method, leaks... how much lag does it cause if any..blah blah.) (Marks being deducted out of 8 depending on the seriousness of the bug/leak/lag.) /8

-Effects/Surronding terrain (Self Explanitory) /5

TOTAL: /31
Rules:

-The method has to be atleast more complex than a waygate leading to the other side.

-Of course, No use of waygates leading to the other side.

-No custom/imported models/skins (They are not needed)
(More rules can be added by whoever would be the judge for this. (If the contest is considered)

Judges:

-People famaliar with JASS and GUI and such...

This is just an idea i thought of, comment/add ideas to it.

Oh and, most importantly (Of course)

THE PRIZE!!

(They are really for the admin/judges to decide but, a suggestion or what i am expecting)

-60-70 Something REP+ Points for 1st prize (And perhaps an icon)

-30-40 For second

-10 For third

And everyone who participates should be given 3-5 Rep points for there efforts.

***DEAD LINE FOR SUBMISSIONS*** MAY 28TH

Last edited:
Level 7
The perfect solution was found...

Have a fake bridge doodad that can be walked under. Have a region at each end of the bridge. When a ground unit enters one of the regions, make him flying so he can cross. When a flying unit enters one of the regions, make him a ground unit. Now place Pathing Blockers (Air) on the edges of the bridge so that he can't fly away.

Using this, units can walk under / over at the same time without problems, while also avoiding replacement problems. There may be a slight problem if you have other air units and they try to fly over the bridge, so add a condition to check if it's one of your air units that's supposed to be air.

Level 19
And please don't double post ...
=/
By the way this is just to help you,
If you submit a challenge please take a look at the others, and check out that they don't use so many colors and things.
Also try to spell things right, I mean, Challange is not far from Challenge.
I'm don't want to be offensive, and I know that my english isn't that great either.
~- Heero

Status
Not open for further replies.