• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Blue [SE]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: DreJunior
[Gameplay]
A Fast And Complicated Escape Map.
Dodge Enemy Units & Stay On The Ice.
Use Arrow Keys 2 Move The screen While Sliding.
Host With Bot For Maximum Gaming Experience.

[Features]
-Escape Movement
-Slide Movement
-Rocks & Mortar Team
-Unit Dodgement
-Random Enemy Spawn
-Terrain Kill
-Teleport Circles
-End Cinematics
-Checkpoint Revival
-Custom Loadingscreen

[Silver Edition]
-Custom Enemy Units
-Custom Hero
-New Preview Picture
-Unit Speed Increased
-Sliding Speed Increased
-Player 11 Fixed
-Molly's Tiger

[Credits 2 FaMoUs]
-No Leak Slide
-Level One & Two
-Level Spawn System
-Random Enemy Spawn

[Additional Information]
The Refering Web Site Has Bin Shut Down
Due To Overload Of Exposure.

screnshot.jpg

Keywords:
The Blue
Contents

The Blue [SE] (Map)

Reviews
22/03/13 - Re-moderation: Rejected due to missing credits list. » Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Hive Staff」 » Reasons: » Comment: / » Rules: [c] 「Map Submission」 » Contact: [c] 「Staff Contact」 ! 'Reasons' are automated !100%Verdict + -...

M

22/03/13 - Re-moderation: Rejected due to missing credits list.

General

Review

Other

» Vengeancekael:[c] Profile :: Hive Staff
» Reasons:
» Comment:
/
» Rules: [c] Map Submission
» Contact: [c] Staff Contact
! 'Reasons' are automated !

Verdict
+
-

No review written. You can however check Vladadamm's review.
Not Rated
[tr]​

Suggestions:
  • Improve the lobby description - List the 2 biggest features of the map
  • Improve the quest log, there's no capitalization, no colors, awkward alignment, etc.
  • Just restart the game automatically, don't force players to rematch
  • Change suggested players to a number
  • Add colors the hive description
  • Add more screenshots

Moderated Version: Initial
Date: 22/Mar/2013 02:58:41

Long time i haven't played it and that i stopped sliding too ^^' So, i suxxed a bit when i decided to give you a map review and played it again.

So, my overall rating is : Lacking

+ and -

[+]
- Decent difficulty. Not a piece of cake, but not a hardcore slide/escape.
- Custom models brings a bit of originality
- Levels are good, not repetitive.
- Patrols starting from one of the two locations randomly make it not too repetitive.
- Most of the patrols are good.

[-]
- Feline models have a bad collision. You die even without touching them on the sides while you can cut their front or back.
- The Leaderboard for continues seems bugged.
- Lack of Automatic Restart when you don't have continues anymore.
- There is a lack of a Difficulty progression, this is a thing that is really common in mazes, and also slides created by mazers (such as this one). When i take a look at PPF2 in example, the last levels are not really harder than the first ones, it's a bit the same for this slide.
- Stop use Regions ! You should use a Checkpath, as it's boring to see that you can heavily cut on the borders/corners sometimes, while you can't at some other moments.
- Lack of commands. If you're too lazy to create them, you can take the ones from MEC.

Doesn't mean the levels must be more harder each level passed :D
Imo, it's better.

Like that, the first level is kinda a warming level, that helps you to be in condition for when the harder levels will come. Also, it creates curiosity, as you want to see how the next level looks like and how much difficult is it. It makes the map more challenging, as you will have more and more difficulties the nearest you are from the end.

Try harder. The map creator wouldn't add something into the map if it was impossible.
He knows that it's not ^^' I'm pretty sure SoD, Slidy, Raw, kiki, or some other sliders finished it.

Anyway, nothing is impossible. Look at Murloc Slide's Hidden Level that nobody ever finished, it's just hard and f***ing long (148x148 slide level), but still doable.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Try harder. The map creator wouldn't add something into the map if it was impossible.
I'm not stupid, ofc the map creator wouldn't put something impossible, that's why the map won't be boring if it is impossible.

Anyway, nothing is impossible. Look at Murloc Slide's Hidden Level that nobody ever finished, it's just hard and f***ing long (148x148 slide level), but still doable.
Um some guys already finished it ^^

Level 9
[-]
- Feline models have a bad collision. You die even without touching them on the sides while you can cut their front or back.
- The Leaderboard for continues seems bugged.
- Lack of Automatic Restart when you don't have continues anymore.
- There is a lack of a Difficulty progression, this is a thing that is really common in mazes, and also slides created by mazers (such as this one). When i take a look at PPF2 in example, the last levels are not really harder than the first ones, it's a bit the same for this slide.
- Stop use Regions ! You should use a Checkpath, as it's boring to see that you can heavily cut on the borders/corners sometimes, while you can't at some other moments.
- Lack of commands. If you're too lazy to create them, you can take the ones from MEC.[/box]

Did you really have to come up with this bullsh**t ?
-The collision is as low as it can get, u simply can't slide.
-The Leaderboard Works Fine, My Methods aren't used before.
-This is not Murloc Slide. Fuck Your Stupid Restart.
-Difficulty Progression, This Is new ? or u made this up ?
-I Have The Patience 2 Make Regions, I Will Use Em Anyway.
-No color Change... Cry Plz ?

That's the point when you do a map review, to state both map's good and bad points. I pointed the bad points about your map.

I'm not specially talking about the color change, but there are tons of useful commands that could have been added. Look at MEC's commands.
The Leaderboard doesn't work for me and just shows up for a few seconds when i finish a level.
Okay, you have patience to use regions, but that still doesn't change the fact that regions suxx, not configurable at all.
A restart is just something useful that avoid losing your time in lobby. Something that maze makers forget.
And why do you guy is talking about the collision and my sliding skills ? I'm just stating the fact that Collision isn't model dependant, and so it can be very bad on some models.

Also, Wrda, nobody finished Murloc's hidden afaik. Only SoD, Slidy and Raw succeeded the back, only SoD did it in the conditions to reach the hidden i think. And none of those has ever finished the hidden.

You really shouldn't troll/flame people who review your map, it would seem your the one crying due to your poor response. Please try not to be as rude as well childish otherwise less and less will take their time to review anything of yours.

I will review when I finish playing it in a bit.

EDIT:

Review -

I liked the custom imports and the style of some stuff...
However it isn't original, and has been done before, I suggest trying to add something unique to it so it isn't like every other maze because how i see its map name is "Just Another Maze".

As well please give credits to the makers of those models, and any textures or icons or anything else.
Rated 3/5

Suggestions -
Tutorial system
Difficulty System ( Like slow the units, and projectiles if it is a easier difficulty or increase it for tougher difficulty's. )
Add an option to choose between terrain or rect/region detection
Maybe add extra stuff for players such as tinting or name changing?
Maybe add in-game restarting so people don't need to rehost it?
I never got past level one so that is all I can offer, besides it is up to you to make it better.

Oh, and you should fix your description since you admitted to useing regions, and not terrain.

Second EDIT:

I looked up the names of the models you used from people.
Please give credits in map and here.
Slider Model
White Tiger
Tiger

Last edited: