• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Blood Elves Return v1.2 beta

This campaign tells the history of the retaking of Quel'Thalas by Prince Kael'Thas and his Blood Elves. As they alone can't defeat the undead, Kael has started a grand crusade to enlist the Great Aspects help.

Another update, to v1.2, sorry it took so long. Has 2 more maps, and some other improvements. Also, something extremely important that I forgot and that I apologize for: credits.

Credits:

Models: Blizzard, General Frank, Elenai, Armel, Ket, Republicola, Rightfield, Nasrudin, SinisterX

Icons: Blizzard, Werewulf, General Frank, SinisterX

Maps: Blizzard, Whisperwind Archer

Triggers: Whisperwind Archer

Storyline: Whisperwind Archer

If I missed someone, please PM me and I'll add you.

Still missing some AI on the 1st map, sorry about that.

Keywords:
Kael, Blood Elves, Aspect
Contents

The Blood Elves Return v1.2 beta (Campaign)

Reviews
MasterHaosis: Man I am just impressed with your campaign ! Man story is perfect. This first cinematic is good, good story and idea, first mission id cool, you also made nice Blood Elf race there, and second mission in dungeon is awesome ! Haha you...

M

MasterHaosis: Man I am just impressed with your campaign ! Man story is perfect. This first cinematic is good, good story and idea, first mission id cool, you also made nice Blood Elf race there, and second mission in dungeon is awesome ! Haha you added new things like firelord heero and tinker in barens. Man my rate is Outstanding 10 !
[APPROVED]

Well, this is only a beta version, so many improvements are still being made. Just don't forget, Kael, in this time, still hadn't allied with Kil'Jaeden. Perhaps you are right about Vashj, but as Alexstrasza is cares for all life, she probably cares for naga also. But thx for the comment, I'll have a change on some stuff.

Level 16
hey look make team with someone and make better terrain, continue the storyline adn make a campaign with 10-20 maps in it...its way too short...and i think u shuld at LEAST make a cinematic with illidan killing arthas cuz we all know thats not what happened so u make it happen..:D good start anyway...

Well, as I said before, this is a beta version, I'm still developing the storyline and such. I didn't understand what u meant by making illidan kill arthas (unless you are speaking about that thing of illidan saying that he killed him, but that's just a reference to his insanity, he thinks he killed him, when in truth he was defeated). I'm still improving the maps and have 2 friends that are aiding me. Just don't forget, it's a beta version, so it's normal it has few maps.

Level 1
stupid retards u only know is to insult and tell that sucks/is wrong etc....i respect every campaign maker cause u need to have a hell of patient and is hard....before u put an idiot coment think that wold u do 50% of the creator did??

Level 2
The one who pointed at WoWwiki: "Have you ever looked at the changes made in the lore so WoW can be accessable to 'the greater crowd'?"
It's fakking hilarious!

Cool campaign =D ! Me likes *cute Hamtaro face*.

Level 7
cool campaign, can't w8 to see what's the next episode :D.

i loved that joke when they arive in tanasis and the tinker says to them to visit gadz and take "some souvenirs, perhaps?" and illidan said "your head, perhaps?" :))

yeah and the thing i don't like? illidan, well in frozen throne he defeated arthas and now his searching dunno what. nah i think his better as a king who doesn't want to make his hands dirty if you know what i meen. but i'ved been reading the other commets and i was thinking, yeah it's your campaign, you can do what ever you want so keep going, :D i wanna finish it :D

5/5

The one who pointed at WoWwiki: "Have you ever looked at the changes made in the lore so WoW can be accessable to 'the greater crowd'?"
It's fakking hilarious!

Cool campaign =D ! Me likes *cute Hamtaro face*.

Most wow lore is pretty plothole free nowadays, and actually makes missing pieces fit into place. Your just being anti-wow cause you think it screwed up the wc series.

To the creator, I really want you to make the rest cause this campaign was awesome! I played and felt bad that it's taken so long to make it all. Good Luck! you made a great campaign and you'll need it to finish the rest of it. I hope to see more excellent work!

This campaign

Well, first of all, thanks to all the supporters to this project. I have been away from warcraft III (had lost my frozen throne cd and only found it a few weeks ago) and more into WoW as of late. Alas, the Lich King was defeated by this brave Death Knight.

But now, after reading all this, it gives me new strenght to, maybe ressurect this old project (after my exams...). Thanks for everyone who thought it was great, I always had my doubts about it's quality, but it I got my answer it seems. I owe everyone who posted these messages of support, atleast, the will to try to restart this (now only if I could find the notepad where I underlined the story...). If anyone is interested in giving more support, send me a pm or an e-mail to [email protected]. Thanks!

Level 3
well,the idea of continuing the blood elves story is good cuz its left uncompleted(after scourge campaign)anyway keep up the good work

Level 3
Well I have nothing against campaings which doesn't follow the story of WoW. But this one... I haven't even finished the first map cause I couldn't endure that terrain. Maybe the other maps are better - don't know - but fact is that I won't play this to see the end because:
-The cinematics can't be skipped. You set the timer for the dialogs often too short and, I atleast, couldn't read them.
-I don't understand why have you changed the command icons for something like that. According to the title the camaign is about blood elves. But those command icons look more like something for nagas or dragons.
-I haven't seen what abilities you gave to the units but the fact that all of the heroes have ladder abilities is quiet annoying. And can you tell me what is the point in giving the pheonix resistance skin AND spell immunity? I know the original pheonix has the same abilities but that doesn't mean that you should keep them.

I know that this is a beta version but to be honest it needs a LOT of work. The base idea isn't bad at all but right now it is unplayeable in my opinion. Sorry.

Level 7
-The terrain is quite good, though I think those willow trees need to be larger, based on their sparsity.
-Gameplay is basic Warcraft, but challenging enough.
-Cinematics are plain, but generally well written, despite the odd grammatical flaw.
-You might want to fix the phoenix bug. For levels one and two, you can summon an unlimited number of phoenixes, which essentially cannot die, and then just breeze through the level. It makes things a little too easy.

attachment.php

This campaign feels like it's going somewhere, so I'm going with a 4/5

Attachments

• TrollKael.jpg
    TrollKael.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,075
Level 3
I have read all the other comments and decided to give a second chance to this campaing.
1. And guys pls tell me where did I miss the part where this campaing becomes awesome?
Still the terrain of the first map sucks, as I already said. The pheonix spell is bugged like RoboHippo said.
2. The second map is a nice copy of the orc map where you have to find Medivh/The Oracle. And I don't understand one think. You can't use your pheonix spell because you are underground but then why do you get a dragon who can fly? And what did you do to the Orb of Darkness cause it didn't spawn even one skeleton for me.
3. And the map where you have to protect Medivh... Well can you explain me why would Nozdormu send Kael back in time to protect Medivh, who is possessed by Sargeres during the opening of the Dark Portal.

Someone wrote earlier that the game is challengeing. And what is that challenge? Because in the first map none of the two enemies -Orcs, Dwarves - are attacking. It isn't hard to defeat an enemy which does nothing.

About the cinematics: as I already mentioned the dialogs disappear to quickly. And why does Kael know where the Dragon Aspects are hiding? I'm quiet sure that their aren't hidning without a reason and that they won't tell anyone so easily about their hideouts.

The models f the Dragon Aspects are really good and the Magic Hall and Magic Stronghold are good as well. But that is everything positive I can say about this campaing right now.

So I don't understand why does everyone say that this is so awesome. Either have I've downloaded a wrong version - downloaded it on 31 dec. 2010 - or the other guys haven't seen any other campaigns despite the blizzard campaign.
Sorry that's all I can say about this game. I'm always happy to see new campaings but pls try to make it properly cause such half-done, bad-made campains are just waste of time.
I don't want you to feel bad after reading this, my goal is to tell you what the problems with your work are.

Level 4
I have read all the other comments and decided to give a second chance to this campaing.
1. And guys pls tell me where did I miss the part where this campaing becomes awesome?
Still the terrain of the first map sucks, as I already said. The pheonix spell is bugged like RoboHippo said.
2. The second map is a nice copy of the orc map where you have to find Medivh/The Oracle. And I don't understand one think. You can't use your pheonix spell because you are underground but then why do you get a dragon who can fly? And what did you do to the Orb of Darkness cause it didn't spawn even one skeleton for me.
3. And the map where you have to protect Medivh... Well can you explain me why would Nozdormu send Kael back in time to protect Medivh, who is possessed by Sargeres during the opening of the Dark Portal.

Someone wrote earlier that the game is challengeing. And what is that challenge? Because in the first map none of the two enemies -Orcs, Dwarves - are attacking. It isn't hard to defeat an enemy which does nothing.

About the cinematics: as I already mentioned the dialogs disappear to quickly. And why does Kael know where the Dragon Aspects are hiding? I'm quiet sure that their aren't hidning without a reason and that they won't tell anyone so easily about their hideouts.

The models f the Dragon Aspects are really good and the Magic Hall and Magic Stronghold are good as well. But that is everything positive I can say about this campaing right now.

So I don't understand why does everyone say that this is so awesome. Either have I've downloaded a wrong version - downloaded it on 31 dec. 2010 - or the other guys haven't seen any other campaigns despite the blizzard campaign.
Sorry that's all I can say about this game. I'm always happy to see new campaings but pls try to make it properly cause such half-done, bad-made campains are just waste of time.
I don't want you to feel bad after reading this, my goal is to tell you what the problems with your work are.

I'd have to agree with you on all counts. I tried it and saw much that needed improvement like you said. I think it has potential once what you have described is fixed.

Level 2
just Say if you want some models from WoW

I´d like some models from wow :wink: i had no idea you could actully import models from wow into warcraft

As for the campaign - i find it tough to accept the storyline

1. Illidan and the Naga would not care to aid Kael in retaking Quel´thalas, i think they have plenty of work and evil plans to attend to in Outland.

2. Suddenly they are teleported back in time to defend Medivh and deside the fate of history? Seems like one hell of a task to suddenly give strangers you never met before as a keeper of the time.

3. Like stated above, the location of the aspects should be secret

4. I just can´t really see the dragon queen aid demon worshippers

Still good luck with the campaign, i´ll be sure to play a later version when it is done

Level 2
i stoppped at lvl 1 i noticed that you can use the phoenix spell unlimited times and they CANNOT die they will just come back to life instantly so you can mass those and win by doing nothing

Level 2
has alot of problems such as kaels phoenix can be casted unlimited times and when their hp hits 0 they respawn no matter what.... quit after chapter 1 lol
just realized i alrdy said this xD

Last edited:
Level 22
Fun campaign, but needs much improvement.

Terrain - 2.5/5: The terrain is basic. It's not very good in Chapter I especially. Lots of big, empty plains. You should add much more doodads, weather effects, fog, etc.

Cinematics - 3/5: The cinematics are pretty standard as well. They were only there to inform you about the quest/story. But you could also use cinematics to show off terrain or action, for example. And you should try to use more than one or two cameras per cinematic.

Gameplay - 3/5: The standard WCIII gameplay (which I still love), but I think it was a bit too easy. And there are no custom spells. This is not such a big deal, though. They are the standard WCIII heroes after all.

Story - 3/5: Seems fine. The dialogue is alright, although I saw some grammar errors now and then.

I give it a 3/5.

Level 4
very interesting. things you may want to consider, making a save data bank, fixing the summon phoenix, dungeons are WAY too hard. Other than that, very nice ^^ I made a BE race some time back. Would you like to take a look at mine? Tech tree, units, heroes the whole bit ^^

Level 4
I´d like some models from wow :wink: i had no idea you could actully import models from wow into warcraft

As for the campaign - i find it tough to accept the storyline

1. Illidan and the Naga would not care to aid Kael in retaking Quel´thalas, i think they have plenty of work and evil plans to attend to in Outland.

2. Suddenly they are teleported back in time to defend Medivh and deside the fate of history? Seems like one hell of a task to suddenly give strangers you never met before as a keeper of the time.

3. Like stated above, the location of the aspects should be secret

4. I just can´t really see the dragon queen aid demon worshippers

Still good luck with the campaign, i´ll be sure to play a later version when it is done

this is taken from the blizzard warcraft lore....

Level 2
this is taken from the blizzard warcraft lore....

I doubt the characters of warcraft suddenly change personality and seeing as this campaign pretty much just changes the direction of the lore, Illidan and lady Vasj are probably not that different.

I think i made it very clear why i disliked the storyline without complaining about alternative storyline

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
You should have mentioned it's not finished.
It's ok but:

The first level is huge. Does not have a purpose to be that big. There are almost infinite resources on that map. The Orcs are too near of your establishment and need to attack you at least after you've made the Barracks and some units. Sure you can defend the first and maybe second wave with only your three heroes but then you don't have time to regenerate.
You can't access all of the Magic Vault's items.
The Pheonix is bugged, stays in place after it dies but it's circle moves and attacks. It's immortal and you can spawn infinite amounts.
Some bugs with fast cinematic transmission.
Why change the order icons ?
Kael is the only one to have some sort of custom spells and he just has three.
All heroes start with level one ? Why ?
Blood Elf Lieutenant and Illidan attack air units from melee positions.

The second level, that one with the dungeon has a bug when you rescue the dragon. Everytime you pass through there it's like: Thank you, bla bla... message a million times.

Now on the lore aspect: Illidan defeated Arthas and now need help from the Dragon aspects to vanquish some stupid undead ? You could've made it like this: Arthas defeated Illidan and so Kael just had Vashj's help so then maybe they could've gone to Sylvanas and liberate Quel'Thalas or something. The Dragon aspects usually come when's it's about one of their own like Deathwing or something global like the burning legion.

Nice anyways :).

Level 1
Hey Great Campaign, fantastic Idea been thinking something like this should be done. Couple of bugs I found: Heroes not receiving experience, the others were already mentioned, Phoenix movement etc.
Good work though, look forward to seeing the finished product.

Level 3
Idk why this bug happens but evry time I use the spell Pheonix with Kael , it goes that when the pheonix dies and it's turned to an egg , the egg exist for half a second (0.5) and then the pheonix rises.2 bad parts of this bug-
1-After the pheonix rises it lose his model , the pheonix remaining on the position where it rised.
2-You can create another pheonix without destroying the old one , i made an army of 10 imba pheonix myself and crushed both the orcish and dwarfish base

Level 6
i also agree with Nitrious and Lucifer-Mortus................ its nice by the way but please complete it i really want to play it .......... and please can you make alexstrasza and the other aspects in their humanoid form? its ok if you dont but its just a request..........