• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Big Ban

Run and hide infidels! Or you shall be struck down by the Big Bang
(credits to Dawn Whitelighter for that name :p)

It's a holy nuke that forms a black hole and sucks every troll in (flamers, thieves e.t.c. are also included). Well inside the singularity there is no way out. You will be forever trapped in the banvoid.

I made the texture real small so that it wouldn't cause a huge filesize to a special effect.
Fortunately it turned out rather good. It uses the same font as the Banhammer attachment.

Credit, don't edit.

UPDATE: Changed the filter of the BAN material to Additive.
The only reason I can see to the word being a bit off center is that the effect is played a distance from the camera target. The word only moves straight up like a shroom cloud.

Keywords:
ban, bannadar, big, bang, banhammer, nuke, holy, sacred, light, boom, crack, singularity, black, hole, phail
Contents

The Big Ban (Model)

Reviews
01:55, 26th Mar 2011 anarchianbedlam: add alpha filter doesnt work on materials ingame for some reason. use additive. its showing up as a bright yellow square. also the word "BAN" looks a bit off center to the left. EDIT: Changes made resource...

M

01:55, 26th Mar 2011
anarchianbedlam: add alpha filter doesnt work on materials ingame for some reason. use additive. its showing up as a bright yellow square. also the word "BAN" looks a bit off center to the left.

EDIT: Changes made resource approved. awesome.

this is so funny. its sooo funny i think even tho my map dosent have much need for eny more models im gona make this part of my map eny way. for no other reason then that its funny.

even though you could trigger text it, its not the hardest or easyest thing to do, you could be lazy and just use this with simple defeat trigger but this dos add to the art of banning lol.

because there needs to be a just sentence for people that get voted out of a game, they deserve to be insulted as there kicked out, and thats what this is for lol.