• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

"The Beginning of the End" campaign help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twi

Twi

Level 1
~Mmkay, I worked on this map a bunch before [When I was a n00b at Mapping :p], and I decided to pick it up again, with new found prowess. Problem is, I'm not really good with Triggers and Terraining, my specialty lying in Storywriting and the Object Editor. So, help is greatly appreciated, drop me a PM, or post here.

Terrainer: Looking for someone who knows their way around Terraining. The first map [and Quest] take place in a rural farm area, with members of the Cult of the Damned scrutinizing about.

Trigger-er: Also looking for someone who can make a Quest, and a working Leaderboard. Cinematics are a plus, but aren't necessary. The Leaderboard is a counter that goes with the Quest.

Level 3
It's nice to know that your taking the time to write up a good storyline. Not many of those maps out there.

But as far as the needing help with terraining and triggering... your requests aren't hard. Honestly, just fidget around a little, you'll learn a lot fast. heres a few things that I've discovered in the two categories you seem to be needing help with:

Terrain:
-Use multiple tiles together to give it a more life like feel, EG instead of using just "Grassy Dirt" use a combination of Grassy Dirt+Grass and perhaps through in a little plane old dirt too.
-Try and think of what it would look like in real life, then try and match that yourself. Use trees from multiple tile sets, let trees stand alone, use flowers in blank areas, put shrubs at house corners ETC
-Just mix and match stuff, find out what looks good and what doesn't.

Triggers:
-I don't think you want a leader board, you want a multi board, it's much easier to manage. Just check out the leader board and multi board trigger categories, read what they do, test anything your not sure about.
-Quests are one of the simplest things in the trigger editor. Just go to the quest trigger category, select the create quest trigger and fill in the blanks.

If you want to better lay out what your looking for with each one, then I might be willing to help out... but remember I don't have too much time to work on this stuff ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.