• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Battle for the Sunken Island

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map requires Warcraft III:The Frozen Throne to be installed.

This map is not in development.
Map Name: The Battle for the Sunken Island
Map Dimentions: 64x64
Creators: Bluehelff(me), Georgi Yordanov(artist)
Description: Choose among 12 heroes and defend the right over the Sunken Island.
Offiacial page: https://www.facebook.com/TBSI.map
Goal: Destroy enemy faction's ship or do more kills before time is up.
Type: AoS
Starting position: near your ship
Weather: Yes, changing
Time to Play: 30 minutes
Can you play with computers?: YES!
Maximum level: 15
Choose a hero ingame* (from your ship)
Players: 12
Map is protected: Yes

-unlock unlocks your camera.
-lock locks your camera.
-at commands your unit to autoamtically run.

Alliance:

Paladin

Holy light -A holy light that can heal a friendly living unit. (and self)(4 ranks)
Divine Protection - An impenetrable shield surrounds a friendly target unit, protecting them from all damage and spells for set amount of time.(and self)(4 ranks)
Devotion Aura - Provides bonus armor to nearby friendly units.(4 ranks)
Resurrection(level 6) -When killed, the Paladin will come back to life. Resurrection has a 240 second cooldown.
Judgement(level 7) A magical hammer that is thrown at an enemy unit, causing damage.(2 ranks)
Archmage

Blizzard - Calls down waves of freezing ice shards that damage units in a target area.(4 ranks)
Summon Water Elemental -Summons a water elemental to attack the Archmage's enemies.(4 ranks)
Brilliance Aura -Gives additional mana regeneration to nearby friendly units.(4 ranks)
Arcane Shield(level 6) Creates an arcane shield in vast area that prevents anyone from going in and out.
Ice Tornado(level 7) - Summons an ice tornado that will deal damaeg to nearby enemies for 15 seconds.
Mountain King

Thunder Clap - Slams the ground, dealing damage to and slowing the movement speed and attack rate of nearby enemy land units.(4 ranks)
Bash - Gives a chance that an attack will do bonus damage and stun an opponent.(4 ranks)
Storm Bolt - A magical hammer that is thrown at an enemy unit, causing damage and stunning the target.(4 ranks)
Avatar(level 6) - When Avatar is activated, it gives the Mountain King bonus armor, bonus hit points, bonus damage and spell immunity.
Battle Shout(level 7) - Gives friendly nearby units bonus to damage for 15 seconds.(2 ranks)
Blood Mage

Flame Strike - Conjures a pillar of fire which damages ground units in a target area over time.(4 ranks)
Banish - Turns a non-mechanical unit ethereal and slows its movement speed for a short duration.(4 ranks)
Harvest Soul - Transfers mana and life between the Blood Mage and a target. Drains mana from an enemy, or transfers mana and life to an ally.( 4 ranks)
Phoenix(level 6) - Summons a powerful Phoenix. The Phoenix burns with such intensity that it damages itself and nearby enemy units. Has Spell Immunity, and Resistant Skin. When a Phoenix dies, it creates an egg that will hatch into a Phoenix.
Pyroblast(level 7) - Blasts an enemy unit with fire dealing enourmous amount of damage.10 sec cast.(2 ranks)
Wizard

Blink - Teleports the Wizard a short distance, allowing her to move in and out of combat.(4 ranks)
Frost Nova - Blasts enemy units around a target enemy unit with a wave of damaging frost that slows movement and attack rate.(4 ranks)
Frost Armor - Creates a shield of frost around a target friendly unit. The shield adds armor and slows melee units that attack it. (4 ranks)
Polymorph(level 6) - Turns a target enemy unit into a sheep. The targeted unit retains its hit points and armor, but cannot attack.
Mirror Image(level 7) - Creates 5 illusions of the wizard.
Ranger

Binding Shot - Shoots an arrow at an enemy unit, causing damage and stunning the target.(4 ranks)
Cold Arrows - Adds a cold effect to each attack, slowing a target enemy unit's attacks and movement.(4 ranks)
Trueshot Aura - Adds bonsu damage to ranged attacks of nearby friendly units.(4 ranks)
Starfall(level 6) - Calls down waves of falling stars that damage nearby enemy units.
Camouflage(level 7) - Makes the Ranger invisible for a short time. If the Ranger attacks, uses an ability or casts a spell, will become visible.(2 ranks)
Horde:

Blademaster

Wind Walk - Allows the Blademaster to become invisible, and move faster for a set amount of time. When the Blademaster attacks a unit to break invisibility, he will deal bonus damage.(4 ranks)
Critical Strike - Gives a chance to do more damage on an attack.(4 ranks)
Mirror Image - Confuses the enemy by creating illusions of the Blademaster and dispelling all magic from the Blademaster.(4 ranks)
Bladestorm(level 6) - Causes a bladestorm of destructive force around the Blademaster, rendering him immune to magic and dealing 110 damage per second to nearby enemy land units.
Battle Shout(level 7) - Gives friendly nearby units bonus to damage for 15 seconds.(2 ranks)
Tauren Chieftain

Shockwave - A wave of force that ripples out from the Hero, causing damage to land units in a line. (4 ranks)
War Stomp - Slams the ground, stunning and damaging nearby enemy land units.(4 ranks)
Endurance Aura - Increases the movement speed and attack rate of nearby friendly units. ( 4 ranks)
Reincarnation(level 6) - When killed, the Tauren Chieftain will come back to life. Reincarnation has a 240 second cooldown.
Healing Totem(level 7) - Puts an immovable totem that heals nearby friendly units per second.(2 ranks)
Shadow Hunter

Healing Wave - Calls forth a wave of energy that heals a target and bounces to nearby friendlies. Each bounce heals less damage.(5 ranks)
Hex - Transforms an enemy unit into a random critter, disabling special abilities.(4 ranks)
Serpent Ward - Summons an immobile serpentine ward to attack the Shadow Hunter's enemies. The ward is immune to magic. (4 ranks)
Big Bad Voodoo(level 6) - Turns all friendly units invulnerable in an area around the Shadow Hunter.The Shadow Hunter does not turn invulnerable.
Mind Control(level 7) - Clouds an enemy unit's mind, with voodoo magic, to fall under your control for 20 seconds.
Brewmaster

Breath of Fire - Breathes a cone of fire at enemy units, dealing damage.(4 ranks)
Drunken Haze - Drenches enemy units in alcohol, causing their movement speed to be reduced, and have a chance to miss on attacks. When units with Drunken Haze cast on them are hit by Breath of Fire, they will ignite and take burn damage over time.(4 ranks)
Drunken Brawler -Gives a percent chance to avoid attacks and a % chance to deal additional damage.(4 ranks)
Storm, Earth and Fire(level 6) - Splits the Pandaren Brewmaster into elements, forming 3 specialized warriors. If any of them survive until the end of their summoned timer, the Brewmaster is reborn. (2 ranks)
Touch of Death(level 7) - You exploit the enemy target's weakest point, instantly killing them.
Far Seer

Chain Lightning - Hurls a bolt of damaging lightning at a target enemy that jumps to nearby enemies. Each jump deals less damage.(4 ranks)
Feral Spirit - Summon 2 feral spirits to fight the Far Seer's enemies.(4 ranks)
Static Shock - Sends a bolt of lightning at the target stunning them and dealing damage.(4 ranks)
Lightning Shield(level 6) - Forms a shield of electricity around the Far Seer, dealing damage per second to units around him. Lasts 15 seconds(2 ranks)
Nature Aura(level 7) - Any enemy units withing melee range will be rooted in place for 4 seconds. Lasts 15 seconds.
Beastmaster

Summon Misha - Summons Misha, a powerful bear, to attack your enemies.(4 ranks)
Summon Quilbeast - Summons an angry quilbeast to attack your enemies.(4 ranks)
Storm Bolt - A magical hammer that is thrown at an enemy unit, causing damage and stunning the target(4 ranks)
Stampede(level 6) - Calls down hordes of rampaging thunder lizards to explode upon the Beastmaster's enemies.
Commanding Shout(level 7) - Gives friendly nearby units bonus to armor for 15 seconds.(2 ranks)

MAP.jpg

Screenshot.jpg

ls.jpg

Georgi Yordanov(artist), and the following helped in the process of creating the map: frotty,PurgeandFire,Nichilus,Cokemonkey11,Ezekiel12,Xonok,Rheiko,Chaosy,Dat-C3,DysfunctionaI,chobibo,muzzel,WaterKnight,TriggerHappy,Maker,Baskey,Veritas 117,IcemanBo.

Resource Credits:

Icons:
BTNcrHOLYllllclowd by CRAZYRUSSIAN
BTNEntangle by -Berz-
BTNWarStomp by-Berz-
BTNSlam by -Berz-
BTNPyroblast by aki15
BTNLightningBolt by Banzay89
BTNStormEarthandFire by HappyCockroach
BTNBindingShot by Blizzard
BTNDevotionAura by Blizzard
BTNFrostArmor by Blizzard
BTNJudgement by Blizzard
BTNBattleShout by Blizzard
BTNCommandingShout by Blizzard
BTNTouchOfDeath by Blizzard
BTNLifeIntoMana by PeeKay
BTNANAWindWalkV3 by Anachron
BTNStarfallsmall by Marenko
BTNicetornado by bigapple90
BTNArcaneProtection by Hellx-Magnus
BTNLifeIntoMana by PeeKay
BTNLifeTotem by kola
BTNCRBladestorm by CRAZYRUSSIAN
BTNVoodooDoll by Thrikodius
BTNLightningAttack by Darkfang
BTNMagicPotion by Freezer
BTNCRLightPotion by CRAZYRUSSIAN
BTN_CR_Amults by CRAZYRUSSIAN
BTNInvulPot by PeeKay
BTNMANAVIAL by blahson256
BTNHEALTHVIAL by blahson256
BTNCRNaturepotion by CRAZYRUSSIAN
BTNElementalPotion by NFWar
BTNCRFastpotion by CRAZYRUSSIAN
BTNSuprimePotion by ChevronSeven

Models:
PalmTree by Buster
SC2ForceField by Epsilon
BladeStorm by JetFangInferno
Judgement of Light by Champara Bros
Starfall (Caster) by Pyritie
BreathOfFireMissile by JetFangInferno

spell:
Hero AI v4.3.4 by watermelon_1234

08.12.13 the first uploading of the map. The heroes spawned next to the ship and had no commanding for spells, just run and fight.

[...] On later updates heroes have descriptions with all spells and can be bought from your ship. Later in the future there were many fixes on the camera and gameplay, removed computers, made custom spells...

31.12.13 I balanced the stats of the heroes.

03.01.14 I balanced the stats of the heroes more.

09.01.14 Added computers, added death messages and items to buy, modified spells, modified descriptions, extended map terrain, added commands to unlock and lock your camera. Added command for spawns, now the computer-controlled heroes learn passive abilities automatically, added credits and map info, added detailed review here, added logo to the loading screen.

10.01.14 modified spells, modified descriptions, now the -spawns command is working in multiplayer.

16.01.14 Arcane shield now makes units inside ethereal and requires 125 mana, Ice Tornado cannot move now and requires 125 mana, Mind Control
Woking properly,now you receive gold from killing the creeps,added new purchasable potions, there are no spells that requires more than 125 mana,the gold you receive from kills is now based on combo, fixed some little issues and made lil changes,the simple multiboard now evolved to statistics*, added Hero AI v4.3.4.

clock is now 30 minutes and is counting in the lumber panel, XP rate increased, spawns are now compulsory, cinematics are removed.

the life and mana potions now give you 250 on use,the respawn time is now 10 seconds up from 6. The space around the horde fountain of power is now even more!

19.01.14 XP gain is now even more, The creeps have 50+ hp and cannot attack heroes, anti-friendly fire improved, the loading screen include official page,
now you cannot attack the units inside Arcane shield in any possible way, I corrected the hero tips, and the statistics,
The pandaren's Breath of Fire now uses Breath of Fire, Ranger's Starfall now uses Starfall and it's damage is increased by +10 per wave. Edited a bit the height of the terrain. The timer and the creeps spawning timer begin when all players pick a hero, Ranger's Binding Shot now uses LightningArrow.

Potion of spirits now pan your camera on trigger, corrected the text of the TIPS :D, Binding Shot and Static shock now have stun duration 3,4,5,6 and damage 100,150,225,350, the Archmage is untargetable when channeling Arcane Shield.

had to add string array to the Mind Control spell Trigger messages.

The next update will be version 1.2 and will have new terrain and setup, but won't be soon. For now you can play this map, It's not so bad. (I haven't updated anything)

Keywords:
battle, arena, hero, battleground, Sunken, Island, сsland, bg,hero arena, tbsi, TBSI,
Contents

The Battle for the Sunken Island (Map)

Reviews
22:08, 16th Mar 2014 Orcnet: One of the most fast AoS ever made right now, cons of the game are the heroes' spawning time and those killing streaks, it somehow spoofs 2 soundsets at a time please them all.

M

22:08, 16th Mar 2014
Orcnet: One of the most fast AoS ever made right now, cons of the game are the heroes' spawning time and those killing streaks, it somehow spoofs 2 soundsets at a time please them all.

-Kobas-;2475131 said:
@DemonFace and @IamFootman061 you can't vote for approval here, map is unfinished.

@stan0033
Sadly at this point map is far from approval.
- Empty terrain (Missing doodads of all kind, environment, lightning, special effect etc).
- Map type is more AOS (ex. Dota like gameplay) than Hero Arena (ex. Angel Arena like gameplay).
- Missing game: modes, difficulties, special conditions and setup.
- Heroes are default ones with few extra spells.
- Almost no items (Those cool looking potions are expensive and not so good for such map type).

Those are very basic things still need to be created just to get that 2/5 Lacking rating and approval.

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
Hello,

I tested out your map. I think you have a start to a project but essentially it lacks content.

Here are my thoughts -

• The following camera is very annoying and serves no actual use for gameplay. I suggest removing it or at least enabling players to disable it.
  • Having a stupid AI is better than no AI at all, but I think it could use some work. At least make AI use their abilities.
  • Having heroes locked to a player slot is not very intuitive. You should make a hero selection system.
  • The terrain is very simple, and for a map without much scripted/data related content, you should at least improve it a little.
  • Abilities available are very simple, although at least they're not 100% copied from wc3. I suggest taking a look at the spells section and adding some custom abilities if you don't code them yourself.
  • The fountain of power makes games stagnant, and the decision process behind attacking a unit near the fountain or ignoring him is sort of mundane. Just remove the fountain and think of a different way to regenerate life/mana.
  • The immediate hero resurrection process is also unintuitive and just slows the game down.

Above all though, your game needs original content to be worth playing. You triggered some game rules like a win condition and the game is playable, but you severely lack any reason for players to want to come back.

Good luck.

* now the camera can be unlocked.
* the AI learns and uses abilities now.
* The heroes are no longer locked to game slot.
* There are serious changes in some abilities and heroes. And as you can see the terrain is extended.
* The fountain of power's aura is reduced and it sells potions for gold which is received from killing enemy heroes.
* How does it slow the game down? Now the respawn is 6 seconds up from 5.

~16.01.14

Last edited:
Level 10
The alerts when someone or your group kills someone is too Dota-like, too bad, you aren't updating it anymore. Well you are going to start updating it once the moderators notice something.

Level 3
New review!
Good points:
terrain is good
description is good
interesting gameplay (its like hero arena and AoS at the same time)

Bad points:
respawn time is too fast
dont make the way to shops soo small because the enemys spawned too fast and the entrance was blocked by my teamates and they were just sitting there and killing and i couldnt get out of there

Suggestions:
fix the things said in bad points

4/5

Last edited:
Good points:
sorry, but there is none

Bad points:
terrain could be improved
computers wont use spells
there are no shops to buy items

Suggestions:
fix the things said in bad points.

Right now the map is 1/5

I suggest you play the map before saying there are no shops to buy items and "the terrain is bad". Also read all the info for the map before playing it! I said they learn passive abilities only. I think the terrain is good enough, but if you know how to improve it, it is good to share instead of just noticing . Second, learn how to write reviews. You don't appreciate my work and disrespect me.

Last edited:
Level 7
IamFootman061 Review
The Battle for Sunken Island
Good Points
Bad Points
Gameplay. The Gameplay was not that nice but still can be considered. I like the way you put AI. But it could be better if you can make them a gameplay they want like they will pick a round and how many heroes they will kill each round. I don't like the fountain because you will just run there if you're run out of life or you're fighting with them and the enemy will run because they know that they can't win against their enemy with the fountain. Try to put a main base for them where they will buy an items and make the fountain attack too.
Tips. I like it too that you put some tips. It can make the player play it easier.
Terrain. The Terrain for me is too bad. Lack of doodad and terrain tile. Especially the water terrain. You didn't put some corals in there.
Intro. The Intro was odd for me. I don't like the way you lock the camera on the ship. In-game text will be better.
Spell. Most of the spells is not MUI and that's the reason it make the game quite boring. And some special effects too will be cool!
Suggestions
Try to make a custom spells for the map to make it nicer and some special effects too.
Make the terrain not empty. It doesn't look good because it's empty.
Make a main base as I mention above.
Make the intro better to make it look good.
Rating
3/5 and Vote for Approval.
[tr]
[td]
Contact
Click Here!Feel Free to contact me if you have a complain or anything.
[tr][td][/tr]

Level 10
Check the review above me.
But, I like the gameplay, you know. It reminds me of an old friend (Jas.per) and his maps.
A small map with FFA.

@DemonFace and @IamFootman061 you can't vote for approval here, map is unfinished.

@stan0033
- Empty terrain (Missing doodads of all kind, environment, lightning, special effect etc).
- Map type is more AOS (ex. Dota like gameplay) than Hero Arena (ex. Angel Arena like gameplay).
- Almost no items (Those cool looking potions are expensive and not so good for such map type).

Those are very basic things still need to be created just to get that 2/5 Lacking rating and approval.

Level 7
-Kobas- said:

@stan0033

sorry, I didn't know that it's not done :(

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
-the pink brewmaster just goes near the enemy fountain... instead of attacking
-the AI does not protect their ship
-grunts don't attack heroes if footmen are dead
-grunts might also return to their base only to come back to the human base (regions need to be closer to the ship)
-grunts might not even attack the ship and just walk around it
-footmen can be stopped
-double kill is heard even with first blood and then even at the third kill
-battles near fountains are very slow paced as regeneration is high (+mana for healing)

Not much variety.

2/5.