1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

(2)Island of Sunkens

Submitted by X-OMG-X
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A melee map i created on about 2 hours.
Its my first map here on thw but im working on Dalanar RPG.
I hope you enjoy the map and if you find any bugs, unbalances or other post it.
Critism is fine, but please make it constructive :)

Here is some information:
------------------
Name: Island of Sunkens
Players: 1vs1
Drops: Level 1-4
Neutrals: 2x Goblin Merchant, 2x Temple of Boom, 1x Fountain of Life
Creeps: Level 1-8
Description: The island has been uninhabited in many years, but now its a battlefield for the two races that will fight untill the opponent is ruined. The creeps of sunken will try to protect the islands wonders and will try to maintain peace.
------------------

Changelog

- Fixed the entrance to fountain
- Added more tile variation
- Added more doodads
- Fixed creep facing angle
- Added description
- Added passive creeps

Overview

[​IMG]

~x-omg-x

Keywords:
Island, sunken, sunkens, melee, league, beach, x-omg-x, 1vs1, sunken, sunkens
Contents

(2)Island of Sunkens (Map)

Reviews
16:32, 28th Oct 2009 ap0calypse: Approved Quality is good enough, good for a short 1v1 battle.
  1. 16:32, 28th Oct 2009
    ap0calypse: Approved

Quality is good enough, good for a short 1v1 battle.

2. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Disapprove because the entire fountain was covered with tree, could cause AI to bug.

The tiles variation need to be improve and creep facing position need to be fix.

And you could have add more destructible/doodad around the middle of the map such as sea shells and etc etc to make it more lively (It look lacking at this moment, just don't over do it).

Remove some tree to allow ground unit to move to fountain and this map is as good as approve. My vote is 2/5 (Lacking).

Edit : The description at hive site can be improve as well. If you view blizzard melee map, there is always a sypnosis about the map itself.

3. X-OMG-X

X-OMG-X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks alot Septimus.
    I'll try to improve it and do my best.
    But the main idea with the trees around the fountain was, that they had to use catapults/mortar team to destroy trees or use air units.

~x-omg-x

edit: Fixed several things, look at changelog

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  4. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Now it look more lively and better quality.

Rate it 3/5 and my vote is approve.

5. whitecrusader13

whitecrusader13

Resources:
    Resources:
    this looks nice im downloading it...
    ~White

EDIT: i dled it and its really nice, good quality man! but in my opinion base dont have enought tree in it.
    4/5. I voted for approval to.

6. X-OMG-X

X-OMG-X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I both agree, and disagree.
    There isnt that many trees, but also its a 1vs1 map. Its not supposed to be a long match. Anyways, good you like it and thanks for the nice comment and rating.

7. kael46

kael46

Resources:
    Resources:
    w0w a very nice map!!