• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Awakening [1.7]

178091-albums2336-picture42869.jpg

An SPRPG by Vengeancekael (Kael)
->Development Thread
-Website
-Blog
About:

Planet Varanas has been engulfed in darkness and a savior chosen by the gods has been sent to the planet.
However, he does not know anything about the situation.
Lead him to victory or see Varanas burn in ashes.

Features:

• SpellMix System
  • Custom Spell Energy System
  • Spellpower (Gained by items)
  • Challenging Bosses
  • Interesting Storyline
  • Text-To-Speech Used For Dialogues
  • Secrets
  • Numerous Cinematics
  • Custom Camera System
Media:
178091-albums2336-picture37415.jpg
178091-albums2336-picture37418.jpg
178091-albums2336-picture37419.jpg
178091-albums2336-picture37420.jpg
178091-albums2336-picture42758.jpg
178091-albums2336-picture42760.jpg
178091-albums2336-picture42813.jpg
178091-albums2336-picture42815.jpg

CRAZYRUSSIAN , Paladon , Deon , -Stygian- , KelThuzad , Stanakin Skywalker , Mr.Goblin , Luckerguy , Pyritie , CloudWolf, Kingz, Army-of-Pandas, JetJangInferno, frEAk49, Kitabatake, Gottfrei, Anachron, HappyTauren, Amigurumi, Pyramidhe@d, donut3.5, Mc !, General Frank, [Tenebrae], Callahan, Dondustin, Tranquil, Ezikielth, Naro, Rmx, HappyCockroach, DragoonZombie, paulH, Riley, kola, blahson256, ChevronSeven, Sellenisko, PeeKay, olofmoleman, levigeorge1617, Pinachet, Nasrudin, 4eNNightmare, Debode, Ike_Ike, Sephiroth_VII, hortaxman, Hawkwing, unwirklich, hellblazer-14, hortaxman, darkdeathknight, chilla_killa, Suselishe, Darkfang
1.0: Released
1.1:
*Fixed 3 quests not working properly
*Colorized Quest Updates
*SpellMix messages removed
*Increased Frost Strike's normal damage from 25 to 100.
*Weakened Gaglur
*Fixed a few Starting Forest glitches
*Fixed Dungeon Puzzles Cinematic
*Increased Health Potion drop
1.1b:
*Fixed the final mission glitch
*Fixed the 3 killing quests
*The Intro can now be skipped
1.2:
*Health Potion I gold cost reduced to 100
*New Item: Health Potion II (150g):
-Restores 100HP
*Fixed Merchant's Item Positions
*New Item: Scroll of Haste (200g):
-Increases MS by 500%
*Changed Item Hotkeys
*Fixed the move commandbutton's disabled icon
*Fixed the spirit wolf quest (Stupid bug, forgot to revert the condition)
*EXP bug fixed
*Reduced the potion drop chance
*Gaglur's Tomb terrain changes
*Castle terrain changes
1.3:
*Intro camera changes
*Reduced the cooldown of potions
*Tree model changes
*Lots of terrain changes
*Added 24 tips
*Quest changes
1.4:
*New System: Item Stacking
*New System: 'Damage Detection'
*New System: Fishing
*New System: Combo Attacks
*New Area
*New character 'Lost Man'
*New character 'Doctor'
*New character 'Shepard'
*New character 'Town Keeper'
*New character 'Teleport Master'
*New Quest 'Lost Man'
*New Quest 'Elemental Gone Wild'
*New Quest 'Prepare For War'
*New Quest 'Rescue Whores'
*New Quest 'This Ends Now'
*New Item 'Boots of Haste'
*New Item 'Fish (level 1)'
*New Item 'Fish (level 2)'
*New Unit 'Spirit of Life'
*A lot of optimization changes
*Modified Quest 'Spirit Wolves'
*Reduced Health Potion Drop Chance
*Added other potion drops
1.4b:
*Fixed infinite camera shaking
1.5:
*Dungeon Puzzle Changes
*Overall polishing
**The map is now finished, I guess
1.6:
*Changed Map Description
*Quest Modifications
1.7:
Reported by Offgraphic:
*Fixed Spell Power
*Fixed a blackscreen
*Fixed the mining quest phase (engineer's quest)

*Note that all the videos are outdated and that a new video may or may not be released soon
*Varanas' Fall is the project name, The Awakening is the map name
*Use the arrow keys to rotate the camera or to zoom in/out
*Warcraft 3 save system works
*Protected

Keywords:
SPRPG, Vengeancekael, bosses, boobs, rpg
Contents

The Awakening [1.7] (Map)

Reviews
18:39, 26th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 2
uh.... i did the bear tooth quest and i completed it. then i went to find the elemental and killed a bear on the way and picked up the bear tooth. now its stuck to my inventory with no idea of destroying it or selling it or even putting it down as they don't allow me to...

Level 9
Oh wow. We get gold by mining from gold mines. We get lumber by harvesting them from trees.

Spirits still have archer icons and descriptions

The storyline isn't too epic though. I wasn't absorbed too much. But, that doesn't matter since this is a mod in warcraft we're talking about.

Roaming inside the Guard Captain's place is a nightmare. It's like, PYRITIE'S ADVENTURE all over again.

Lol at brotips appearing in the Credits cinematics.

So, Terrain is good, Quests are fun and silleh.

SPAMMED PRIME MATRONS. Rescue whores reward. I see what u did there perv.

Level 2
What a brilliant sight in a wc map. You may conquer our hearths with the same dazzling ambiance and a long story driven campaign with this project.

There are bugs but they are nothing since you persuaded me with you resourcefulness and it would be a shame if you quit mapmaking.

Level 30
Played the map but quite failed at the part in the Dragon.....lol xD... too strong! By the way, I would like to give a short review on this one, so here it is:

The Awakening 1.7 Review
[+] Good Points
-Terrains is good and mixed with Special Effects makes it more alive
-Spells are awesome.... you can combo enemies with it!
-Voice acting are good but Statue's voice acting is I think a bit poor....
-There is tutorials in the game itself to make newbies learn.

[-] Bad Points
-Terrain is good but still are flaws that I noticed. Terrain is flat, use raise/lower too for it. Nice special effets to go with the terrain but be careful because it might also cause lags on old PCs
-Voice acting for Statue is poor..... and also is the Elf Engineer's voice really like that? Like some paranoid or whatsoever...?

[] Suggestions:
-A little bit of terrain improvements such as the raising and lowering of grounds to make different variations.
-More items.... I guess..... I only got to the Dragon and died so I dont know that much if there are many items but I sure do notice at the first, its quite few.
-The Healing Potion does only 50 HP heal, maybe rasing it a bit for it will not be much of a use in battle with that low HP heal.
-Fix the Statue's voice acting.... its quite poor to be honest. Makinge echo on the voice is good but echo goes too much ruining the voice and also making it hard to understand.

I hope I am not late for this review and also wish that you will still find time to improve this, the bad points in-game. I woul like to rate this 4/5 and also +2 REP because the bad points in the game doesnt much affect gamepay and also would not ruin it. SO good luck, VK!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
-for some reason, the game runs in frames when the camera closes up during conversations, especially with engineer Mike; actually the so many effects slow the game done at times
-the worker does not actually chop the crystal but quite far from it near the destroyed pillar
-Prepare for War and Elemental Gone Wild don't update when the requirements are done and the hero needs to return for his reward
-this map has sexual content even if it's just sound; actually the succubus model is quite naked
-so basically we kill all bandits in the previous quest and then do it again?
-what's the point of clicking deny if it's the only thing to click?
-"Jesus Christ"? What's this a world where he also existed?
-the hero can get out of the southern castle on the plain grass in the east; then the Awoken can be hurt with spells from behind the wall; a blacksmith and some soldiers can be reached through the wall; even the two enemy groups fighting that are neutral at first and the triggering region makes them fight
-there's a problem with the camera when the hero tries to get out of the post to the Harbinger; it doesn't reset, it remains on the tunnel

-the Harbinger is weak; the hero can just sit near him and wait until the enemy dies
-Fiery Explosion changes place with Unholy Strike
-the Awoken is a retard; after summoning the four wards and some minions he waited for the wards to be destroyed and then started running all over and finally went to a corner and stood there until it almost died not before summoning an elemental and a dragon

3.5/5. It's mostly aesthetics. I liked the awkward voice acting though.

Level 3
I decided to play this since it's apparently the prequel to another map that's highly rated. This has a decent rating too, which I have to say I'm slightly surprised by. In the first few minutes I've found myself having to play around a bunch of bugs and poor design.

It seems all your quests are already active before you even acquire them. The elemental is already ready to be killed and killing it screws up the quest sequence (you can re-acquire the quest if you kill the elemental before getting the quest properly). The bears drop their quest items already and they will bind to your inventory if you get them before getting the quest for them (this is a particularly terrible bug). The bandits and their captive women are already there too, and after you save the the women the bandits respawn for their second quest. However, since I never activated the quest chain properly the gate was closed the whole time which meant I couldn't escape the explosion even though I actually moved way past the gate.

On top of that, you can path through most of the forest. This is how I got into the bandit camp without opening the gate, and how I discovered the elemental and bears before getting their quests. There are so many gaps in the trees, I had no idea that I wasn't supposed to go through them.

I really hope the sequel is much better and polished. I'll play through this anyway, since the design is still quite nice. It's a shame my natural RPG explorer instincts will lead me to a bunch of bugs though.

EDIT: Finished the map. The last two boss fights aren't made properly, the second last boss stands there for most of the fight and the final boss can't attack at all for some reason. You didn't give him any attacking capabilities. I just chased him around while taking out a minion every so often.

Also, that Mask of Hatred (I think that was its name) should not exist. It made the game so incredibly easy, and actually allowed me to rely on auto-attacks, contrary to the in-game tip. Although, even without it, only the dragon seemed like it would've been a problem to fight.

One more thing...the ever-present gaps in the trees allowed me to leave the main map area before entering the city. A huge open plain of nothingness out there.

Overall just a 3/5 from me.

Last edited: