• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] The Ascension (w/Screenshot) DEMO - July 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Im currently working on my intro and 1st playable DEMO chapter.
While that's happening, I need to know people feedback and if some are interested to be testers once I release the DEMO.
(Credits to be included upon release)

Game Storyline:
Journey through the Dark Lands, the Middle Land and the Realm of the Light to once and for all confront the forces of Light. Darkness was always considered to be evil. No one questioned it. The light had always won the countless wars between the two forces, so the people have viewed them as saviors.

Now, the new King of Darkness promises new hope for its people. The hope of being recognized.

You play as Cairos, the Prince of Darkness, and tasked to make necessary preparations for the final raid against 'good'. Have you ever wanted to know what it feels like to be the villain? To be the one doing the capturing, the slaughtering and the deception? Here it is. A campaign that is indeed meant for the tainted of hearts.

Game Features:
1. Ability Draft - visit Necromancers to learn your abilities! You can have a maximum 5 spells, and it's your choice to buy it!
2. Stat Buying - buy equipment using gold, but can you wear it? Items require STATS to equip them, and you can upgrade stats so choose wisely!!!
AGI - mainly for buying Speed Weapons.
STR - mainly for buying Great Weapons.
INT - mainly for buying spellbooks that can allow you to cast spells at your whim!
3. Captivating Story - it will get you hooked on the story; the frustration of being a villain, or the thrill of causing destruction and mayhem? What will you feel?
4. Map with secrets - each map has its own secret locations and even secret Cults that you can accept quest chains in order to get the cults' item!
CULTS - every cult has a sequence of quests to them, and once completed they will give you a trademark item.
SECRET LOCATIONS - each secret location can trigger exciting Cinematics and you might even find items!
5. Final Decision - the final boss is decided by YOU. <no spoilers>
6. Breathtaking Sceneries - each cinematic is painted with art.
7. Weapon Upgrade - gather materials and increase weapon level to gain weapon skills!

Characters:

A powerful prince of Darkness. Loyal and painstakingly willing to serve his father. He was raised in a way that he could not struggle, he could not slip away from the chains of duty and obligation brought to him by his family.

Powers:
He has the ability to learn anything that has to do with the dark. This makes him a superior in the ranks of warriors.

Strengths:
He is easily manipulated and will do anything without hesitation, making him a relentless warrior in every aspect.

Weakness:
His weakness is also his strength. He can easily be tricked into multiple traps and the fear of severing his loyalty causes him agony and depression.

The only assassin of Darkness.
During the Raid of the Second Eclipse (a time where darkness is at its full potential), the assassins of darkness were sent to break in the realm and make way for the army's raid. However, the Grand Inquisitor Arkon expected this and turned the battle against the assassins. Nashandra was the only fleeing one left. Because of this, she honed her skills to the point of ridicule, using soldiers as training dummies and travelling to the middle Land to slaughter those who would venture nearby. She became a beast to be feared. Fame was granted to her, being the assassin who could do TWICE the work of a whole group of assassins. She was a one-woman killing weapon. She became aware that the previous King of Darkness has been using her, so in time she killed him herself. Instead of ascending the throne, however, she broke tradition with a forceful decree that states that Vanitas, the New King, be appointed to the throne. Only Cairos knows she assassinated the King, and who knows what Nashandra is capable of doing next.

Powers:
Her impressive agility allows her to evade combat and even killing without anyone nearby noticing. She performed many blood pacts to hone her skills, including the ability to transform into a demon, control a human's mind and wield weapons from nothing. This makes her a formidable opponent.

Strengths:
Incredibly agile, able to evade any attack and strike without threatening visibility.

Weakness:
She will do anything to achieve her goals of assassinating the Grand Inquisitor herself, even if it needs sacrificing her own life to gain massive power.

The New King of Darkness, he was elected through a forceful decree into the throne. He was not of Dark King bloodline, so many have attempted to dethrone him. However, his fear-gripping power and intimidating figure have foiled these disputes against him. He is very cunning, and aware to use his son and army as pawns to his ultimate goal.

Powers:
Well-known in combat, his figure as an enormous warrior makes him oppressing to the enemy ranks. He also has the ability to force fear upon vulnerable enemies, allowing him to destroy them with ease.

Strengths:
Cunning and has the convenience of manipulating his powerful son and loyal subjects.

Weakness:
?

The Grand Inquisitor is a title passed on from generations to leaders of the Realm of Light. Some might say Arkon is the greatest among all previous Grand Inquisitors, and that is because he is. In terms of power, he is the strongest. He is also the smartest. He is also the one who turned 90% of the Middle Land into Light territory. He IS the Light.

Powers:
Known to be very powerful and merciless, Arkon can easily wipe out anyone from his sight. He uses lightning, light, and a secret power.

Strengths:
Arkon is manipulative. He was the one who made the Darkness look bad, and because of this trust was earned from almost everyone in Middle Land. He has total control.

Weakness:
Although almost flawless in every aspect, Arkon is very tense and ill-tempered, making him lose focus once agitated.

So that's about it.
If you're interested, a map is to be posted ON JULY 9(tentative), which will include Intro & 1 Playable Chapter.
Edit: Instead of July 6, I have moved the release to July 9 to ensure optimal gameplay and bug-tweaked map.

Along with this, the release of my other map, Lich Bossfight, will be moved to July 12/13.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Level 5
Play as evil guy? I hope you developed the main character story line. Would we know something about his ideology, reasons.
The project seems to be interesting. What about your previous project with Lich Boss Fight?

Not really evil. In the story terms, "evil" is a made up word, as well as villain. The story is about the Light being viewed as something good but not really, they are shameful and disgraceful. Because of this, the Darkness tries to capture, threaten and assassinate the light for many years because they are not powerful enough to face the realm of light in a war. Due to this people start viewing the Dark as "evil". Not necessarily an evil guy.
Yes, I have written and sketched out the whole story on a paper and a WordSheet. He is apparently a confused Prince, and not really knowing who is actually good or evil between the dark and light; but because of his royal title, he must serve the Darkness.

The Lich Bossfight is still in progress, I temporarily gave it to my cousin to work on bugs, visuals and tests(it is complete). Once I finish the intro and 1st chapter of this Campaign he will return the map to me and I will review it myself.

Level 11
It might be a good character development, not ordinary point of view. I hope for screenshots later.
The Lich Bossfight is still in progress, I temporarily gave it to my cousin to work on bugs, visuals and tests(it is complete). Once I finish the intro and 1st chapter of this Campaign he will return the map to me and I will review it myself.
How I want to have my personal cousin - warcraft 3 player, but I am not have it:(.

Level 5
It might be a good character development, not ordinary point of view. I hope for screenshots later.

How I want to have my personal cousin - warcraft 3 player, but I am not have it:(.
Im adding my first screenshot tomorrow, I can't later, as I am going to sleep first :)

My cousin is not really experienced with wc3 editor, so I only entrust him with visuals, cleaning leaks and testing :D you can just teach a cousin just like what I did

Level 5
Soundtrack? Map size? Imported files? You can't reach 40mb just using a standard files.
Yes, yes, I found the evident problem. It's the import. Sadly, I have to restart my whole progress, but not to worry. My progress before was likely just 10% so it's easy to re-do. That being said, Screenshots and Map Post will be delayed further.

Level 5
Apparently even more turmoil is happening. Errors due to Jass Pack New Gen. *sigh* more work = delayed release.

Status
Not open for further replies.