• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Alternative Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The Alternative Future
By HeshieokFasla (Known on Hive as FalseDestiny)

The Idea and History
Alternate Future is a Post-WW2 Cold War strategy map made for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Originally made by Holy_Sausage, the map's newer versions in the 2.0 series proved unpopular with other players in the community. After obtain Holy's permission I have begun developing new versions off of the original 1.9d map created over a year ago. As of this time, the map is at 1.9F r3, and is still being developed to add new concepts to the old and somewhat stale map.

Gameplay
You play as one of the game's 12 Starting factions, who are:
The Soviet Union
The United States of America
The British Empire
The European Union
The Indian Republic
The People's Republic of China
The Arab League
The Latin Alliance
The Empire of Japan
The Republic of Brazil
The French Empire
The African Union

Players make use of their military units to capture territories, primarily cities from neutral countries and other players, as well as upgrading resources they obtain (such as oil) as well as 3rd world cities to Industrialized cities more like those in the Western World, all of which increases the player's income which allows players to make a larger military, and so on.

Features
  • A diverse number of units, unique to each player.
  • Dozens of unique vehicles for all players to use.
  • An upgrade system to improve infantry units.
  • Various Superweapons, such as nukes
  • Accurate terrain, properly representing the entirety of the world.
  • A well formed skinset, giving almost all units unique skins

Other Information
As stated in the Intro, the game began become stagnant, with little new concepts being added to the game. It is my hope that by making the map available on the Hive Workshop that the game's community and quality will be greatly improved. Any and all criticism is greatly appreciated, especially if new ideas are delivered.

Credits
Many of the skins in the map are uncreditted due to the lack of a list formed by the original creator (and thus, importer of most of the skins), Holy_Sausage. If your skins are in this game, please let me know (either on Warcraft, this thread, or through PM) and I will add your name to this credit list.
Skin Credits go to: Blizzard Entertainment, huinipachutli, and many other unknown sources.

Thank you for reading, the map can be downloaded in the attachments.

Attachments

• The Alternate Future 1.9f r3.w3x
    4.1 MB · Views: 861
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.