• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Alternative Future 1.9

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Made by nosebaer.
Credits go to dvargena for having that great ideas on improving the map since beta version 1.0 and to Holy_Sausage, for providing the ground stage for the world map and the original map type idea.

-------
The map begins in the early 1950's. The world is drained and lies in ruins of the second world war. You are going to be one of the playable factions, which were/are based on real treaty-alliances:
red-The Soviet Union; blue-The United States of America; teal-The Commonwealth of Nations(due balancing without India!!); purple-European Union(with some remaining colonies); pink-The South American Alliance; yellow-India; orange-China; brown-The African Organization for Unity; green-The Arabian League

This is a free-ally based world war map (->strategy). Ally changing see F11.

Attack neutral countries (/cities, "played" by black :p) or chose an enemy to fight against, for finally having a dominant position in world history.

Each country has its own units, based on real existing ones.

Each country has one type of (cheaper) medium infantry and a better trained elite infantry. But also quantity can obtain quality! Infantry units can be built in nearly every city that is part of your motherland. This means you can't mass infantry units in enemy territories!
Moreover, you can also produce tanks in Tank factories. Tanks are the best units to fight off infantry.
To counter tank units, build airplanes in Aircraft fatories. You can build either bomberplanes or hunting aircraft.
In shipyards you can construct marine units. (More marine units coming soon in the next version, with custom models!!)
To reach better upgrades or to research more destructive weapons (e.g. hydrogen or nuclear rockets), have a look in your infantry barracks. Here you'll find a lot of upgrades to get a stronger army.
Furthermore, a Centre for your Secret Service could be a clue to win; spies are the key for effective diplomatics!!

There are several types of government. E.g., you can create a communistic one and fight the democratic states. Just chose however you want! More hints and information on EVERY topic see ingame-F9.

Enjoy, have fun and good luck!

-And sorry for my second-class english ;)-

Keywords:
Modern Warfare, Strategy, modern, world, Cold war, Tanks, Post World War 2, Epic
Contents

The Alternative Future 1.9 (Map)

Reviews
14:29, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 1
Where do I begin? :
*Poor Description
*No Screen-shot(s)
*No suggestion / tips
*No change-log
*The way you gave credits to yourself is just...beyond me. Alternative :
Made by nosebaer
= "Map belongs to me" (if anything)
*Etc. Etc. Etc.

- Rating : N / A
- Voting for : Rejection!

Level 7
Please fix description :p

Hey I see you have an awesome looking map.

But no-one, I repeat no-one will download it with a description like that.

So, if you don't mind could you please fix your description?

If you need a guide on how to make your map description better go here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/importance-description-127031/#post1117301

Good luck and please fix description or a mod will reject your map,
Lag_Reviews

PS: Dling and reviewing when the description gets improved.

Voting for: REJECTION based on bad description.

Last edited:
Level 4
Im voting for ACCEPTION.
All i can say noesbar is WOW this map is amazing, Lag Reviews has a good point YOUR Description sucks seriously man but you actually map is amazing, seriously change your freacking description cause your map is just awsome.
Im voting 4\5 you lose 1 cause of description.
MAN THIS IS ACTUALLY A GOOD MAP EVERYONE PLZ DL IT AND TRY IT

Level 2
No harm checking it out, lets not judge too soon as yet,but yes do improve on the description,or this wont get anywhere.

Level 4
Hmm.... Based on the comment's, I'll give it a go
I'ts a strategy map?
Or some sort of air simulator(based on the photo of the map)?

Level 4
Hmm.... Based on the comment's, I'll give it a go
I'ts a strategy map?
Or some sort of air simulator(based on the photo of the map)?

No its a World war map but with alot of custom skins and well set up for MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER, GAMAGE :D:D
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TRIED THIS MAP EVEN THO SUCKY DESCRIPTION<>
i dont even know the guy btw i just like the map:D:spell_breaker::pal::pal::spell_breaker:

Level 4
No its a World war map but with alot of custom skins and well set up for MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER, GAMAGE :D:D
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TRIED THIS MAP EVEN THO SUCKY DESCRIPTION<>
i dont even know the guy btw i just like the map:D:spell_breaker::pal::pal::spell_breaker:
Yea :D
I played it for a little time solo and I have a few things to say...
Well, How do I capture an oil field for once.
And second: Will you make a modern version of it? I'm bored of the 50s'

Level 4
First of all, SORRY to all people for the description...
Hope it is more understandable right now?
And moreover thanks for your help and your ideas for the description heh :)

Where do I begin? :
*The way you gave credits to yourself is just...beyond me. Alternative : = "Map belongs to me" (if anything)
*Etc. Etc. Etc.
Sorry, I did not get your aim out of this - my english is pretty bad... :(

I played it for a little time solo and I have a few things to say...
Well, How do I capture an oil field for once.
And second: Will you make a modern version of it? I'm bored of the 50s'

First question: Oil fields can be captured by simply attacking them down to a certain percentage of HP. Then it can be upgraded to provide a higher income level for your economy. But, really, the game sucks in singleplayer ;)
Second one: I REALLY want to, but I certainly do not know if i can do in nearer future...

Level 4
what happened to the 12 player ver?

and me and my friend where arguing, hopefully u can answer

r those planes f-15's, f-18's or f-22's?

he said they cant be 22's as they have internal weapon design...

please answer :)

Level 4
in this version i deleted some players to reduce lag... because when everybody stays allied and masses infantry the game easily crushes... but in the newer version 2.0a (newest one) i added these players again and reduced the model sizes etc. the map is available on epic war right now, i will upload ver 2.1 again on the hiveworkshop.

The planes are not of american design. They are two swedish Saab JAS 39 Gripen ("Gripen" is swedish for "Griffin"), a lightweight single engine multirole fighter aircraft. For more info: JAS 39 Gripen on Wikipedia