• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
NOTE: I really don't want to publish any of this until it's finished, but I've nearly lost all of my files from my hard drive and this is the best way to keep them safe.

Most of these missions aren't meant to be playable yet, rather they are templates for me to work on til they are, so expect a lot of randomly placed stuff and unfinished triggers if you want to delve into these. Also, play around with triggers to make things work (boot up cutscenes, play finished segments, etc.). Basically, I just recommend you take a brief look at the triggers before booting up the missions.

If you want some actual gameplay, check out the first two missions (also give the 8th one a try).

A lot of it isn't translated yet.

Lastly, the fourth mission is the current database for the campaign. It includes all current spells, units, icons, models, etc.

THE AFTERMATH

This campaign is a follow up to the RoC and takes off two weeks after the Battle for Mount Hyjal. The story follows Dalven Silvershield a fallen Night Elf hero, as he leads the remaining Undead forces into the weakened Kalimdore deserts, in mission to spread havoc in the Lich King's name (or maybe he's got an agenda of his own, one that even his new Master knows nothing about?). All of the four races play a role in the campaign, as the Night Elf heroes Shandris Faethermoon and Faldorn Windseeker go after their old friend, The Orcish hero of the Rockbenders Clan has to defend his new homeland in a struggle that seems hopeless, and a tormented human Witch Hunter Berengar Ironfist has to make a decision which questions everything he stands for.

All of the four races are playable.

All of them get new units.

There are a lot of both small and large QoL changes (entangle being autocast, Control Magic mana cost rebalanced so you can actually use it, Talons being able to cast both spells in the Crow form)

There are four new custom heroes with (I hope) unique and interesting spells. All of them should play a bit different too, Dalven is an AoE guy, Shandris is an agile but fragile damage dealer, Faldorn is a Tank-Mage-Supporter and Berengar is only as strong as his forces.

Most of the mission have unique win conditions (from a battle against time and destroying a single massive structure to convoy missions and battles on the demonic arenas)

Enjoy I guess

Attachments

• Fall02.w3x
    5.8 MB · Views: 28
  • Fall03.w3x
    5.7 MB · Views: 27
  • Fall04.w3x
    9.4 MB · Views: 33
  • Fall08.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 30
  • FallSecret_Arena.w3x
    6.9 MB · Views: 30
  • Fall01.w3x
    3.5 MB · Views: 35
Level 9
Is it for Reforged or? What version did you used to work on it?
Oh yeah I should have mentioned the campaign was made with the prepatched, completely vanilla WC3, as I don't really want to download something pretty much none of the original devs worked on.

Technically I think it should run on any wc3 version, but I just don't know what you can expect when it comes to the balance. Also the cameras were placed with the original aspect ratio in mind

Level 9
are you going to continue working on this project or its dead. ??

edit:i think your maps use a another language not english
These are still work in progress and I'm still working on this project.

Only the first two missions are translated and then, not even fully, just enough so you know what's going on if you decide to play them (as these are the most playable so far)

Level 26
Which one is the first part? Because I downloaded all of the maps, and the game can't figure it out.
I'm looking forward, I'm corious. One of the maps intro is quit quality one , I liked it ;)
WC3ScrnShot_082622_172356_01.png
WC3ScrnShot_082622_172122_01.png

Last edited:
Level 9
Which one is the first part? Because I downloaded all of the maps, and the game can't figure it out.
I'm looking forward, I'm corious. One of the maps intro is quit quality one , I liked it ;)
View attachment 405951View attachment 405949
I've totally expected everyone to open up these levels within a world editor instead, so I forgot to change the levels names within the game itself. Oh well.

Level 9
I'm going mad. Whenever I get around to creating a campaign, sooner or later a massive anxiety/psychosis/whateverthehellitis attack occurs and I delete everything I've made thus far. Now I have a massive urge to delete this project. I've spend quite a lot of time making it and I've made massive progress since then, so instead of deleting everything, I'm going to preserve it by posting the most important files here and simply delete the game itself. Hopefully this way I'll stop wasting my time with this insignificant crap, without losing anything in case I'd ever want to return to it.

I hope the moderators don't mind? =)

As before, pretty much none of these are meant to be playable yet. This time I didn't even bother with the translation. Give them a look if you're curious or instead of wasting your time with these work-in-progress files, just take a look at the attached pics.

Attachments

• Fall07.w3x
    10.2 MB · Views: 5
  • PustkowieTest2.w3x
    38.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Pustkowietest.w3x
    36.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Jungle2.w3x
    9.3 MB · Views: 4
  • FallSecret_Arena.w3x
    6.9 MB · Views: 5
  • Fall04g.w3x