• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thalassian Holy Swordsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
So, I'm reskinning (texturing) Dio's model, with permission, into a High Elf.
Here's the pic:
attachment.php

Comments, critiques, etc. so far?
P.S. I know the hair looks thick like dreads right now, but it thins up in game and actually looks pretty nice. (if I may say so myself)

Attachments

• Reaverwip.jpg
    Reaverwip.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 445
The thing is, hair is not just straight lines going down. You need horizontal highlights, I recomend a 5-10% opacity white (or if you are using color, a much lighter tint) should do that. With that same opacity, you also need to create "stray" hairs, using a 3px brush, and make random lines going in the direction as the rest of your locks.

Level 10
i had super trouble with the hair... could you post an image of what you mean by the hair style??
i know what you mean by its not just straight down, its just i had a real hard time making it and i couldnt really figure any other way out. id appreciate some help with that-- and thanks for the comment :]
@the other guy.
i use photoshop. but im gonna retouch the whole skin because ive been using my trackpad the whole damn time D:
i need a tablet badly haha

Status
Not open for further replies.