• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Testing map reforged loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This might be a stupid question but...

Is it possible to skip the new Reforged loading screen and jump straight to loading the map? This "gate" appears every time I test my map

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Is it possible to skip the new Reforged loading screen and jump straight to loading the map? This "gate" appears every time I test my map
Not as far as I am aware as this is when the DRM is run, as well as base assets and libraries loaded. WC3 always had this period but I think the DRM and additional complexity from Reforged has made it longer and more noticeable. I think it was just a black screen before.
A people have already posted this before, but I can tell you, the "-launch" parameter seems to be bugged because even though this is a new method for the "-loadfile" thing, the game will direct you to the main menu rather than actually loading the map.
To directly load map files you need to pass the DRM check. This requires you login to the WC3 client every ~30 days, even if just briefly (start from app and immediately exit at main menu). All Blizzard games are like this when running in offline mode. Steam games and the like are no different, this is just how modern games work sadly so it is not something you can be particularly mad with Activision Blizzard for.

Level 18
I think it was just a black screen before.
In older patches the main menu background would briefly show up before moving to the loading screen.

Steam games and the like are no different, this is just how modern games work sadly so it is not something you can be particularly mad with Activision Blizzard for.
Not all modern games, just look at GOG. Also let's not forget this kind of DRM was not in 1.31 and this version was overwritten to the inferior 1.32 for a lot of people who haven't even bought reforged.
So yes, I will be mad with Activision Blizzard for adding DRM to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.