• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Test your might... MORTAL KOMBAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well, I have a crazy idea that I just may put into action eventually some time in the future when I am capable of getting my lazy arse up and put some more effort into my long overdue Halo map.

I'm thinking of taking what was good from the original Mortal Kombat games (the arcade ones, duh), Deception in particular, and making a whole RPG out of it. How would this work? I'm thinking Shaolin Monk styled adventuring through the realms of Mortal Kombat as Shujinko, and have a sort of recreation of Konquest mode from Deception (without the annoying training missions, of course). When you meet up with some of the Mortal Kombat legends, you could either fight with them in traditional Arcade-styled Kombat or train with them and learn their fighting style. Fighting styles are different stances (think Defend except with different bonuses) that have different strengths (such as increased attack speed) and weakness (lower armor percentage), as well as different abilities and fatalities (which can only be used once a special meter is filled [similar to the system in Shaolin Monks], not including Arcade kombat, which requires your opponent to have 1 HP left.

There could be a Kombo system, where, the more moves you successfully string together, the better and longer a special 'Kombo' buff lasts (probably something like increased attack speed). Kombos will only last momentarily, so you need to fight ALOT of enemies at once to achieve a great bonus.

What I want to see is a combat system that requires you to mash buttons instead of just auto-raping an enemy. I.E. A for punches, S for kicks, etc. in addition to a fluent movement system and Arcade-styled fighting mode.

Although the theme is Mortal Kombat, no RPG is complete without quests. Quests in Deception were scarce, and often involved training with a Mortal Kombat legend. I want to see more interesting quests that requires you to use your gray matter in order to accomplish them, such as puzzle-solving by tossing an enemy into a pit of boiling lava in order to open a door, but without giving you clear directions, So all you see is an enemy, a spike, and an unbreakable door.

Any additions to the ideas presented? Anyone willing to take on this idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.