• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Session: Oceanic Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Yeah, I've started a series of terrains revolving around a ship named The Drunken Explorer's journeys.

morningatseawc1.png

theseaserpentsdk8.png

...more to be added I guess. Now I want to hear your thoughts.

Level 24
The second one is working just fine for me.

This is an interesting idea you have, it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

The terrains are good. The first one is really blank, but nothing you can do about that I guess since its at open sea. The sun looks amazing in that one though. My only concern about that screenshot is the lines you can see between the water and the sky.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Oh not, definitely not a merc ship. It... explores, then is recruited in the fleet against orcs and undead and what-not.

The lines... they can't be changed really, though I kinda like the effect, sorta like a foggier transition than the rough sea-sky one you would get with the normal water. Besides, it works better with the sun, which was, in fact, a freak accident I created while experimenting with the glue screens. I loved the result though.

Level 18
Oh not, definitely not a merc ship. It... explores, then is recruited in the fleet against orcs and undead and what-not.

It better not be, or we would be in for some lame terrains!

The only reason I don't like the lines is because it seems like you can see through the water that should be at the edge of your viewing capabilities. Like a see through earth if you will.

Level 7
Looking pretty good, but it's upsetting how you can see the layers of the water model at that angle in the first shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.