• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

terrain problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello all, I am brand new here and just have a (probably) simple question....
I am trying to put different terrain types in the same map and I just cant figure out how to do it. Sorry for the noob question, I am just starting out and would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!!:vw_unimpressed:

Go to Advanced -> Modify Tileset, and then look at the part where it says Additional Textures. You can click "Add Tile" to add whatever tiles you want. Just change "Ashenvale" to the tileset you desire, click the tile you want, and click "Add". However, it is limited to ~13 texture space. Some tiles count as "2" (you'll see a "2" on the tile), and others count as 1.

You can get up to 16 tiles with JNGP, though. You can download that here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...en-pack-2-0-x-beta-recruiting-testing-233145/

It is a custom editor with some awesome features.
  • Install it from that link (open the zipped file, move the folder to your Warcraft III folder [or wherever you desire)].
  • Open that folder (jassnewgenpack206 or something similar) and open NewGen WE.exe
  • Go to "File -> Open Map" and open your map.
  • Go to "Extensions -> Edit Tileset"
  • Click on whatever tiles you want in your map. When you are done choosing, press "OK". It will save the map for you, do not save. Just go to File -> Close Map.
  • Reopen your map (File -> Open), it should include the extra textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.