• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 World Editor Start Location Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Okey guys,i want to say first that i am new at world editor,so i watched some clips on youtube,even tutorials on google,and it all worked fine except one thing,but remember,i did everything same like all of them...Okey,so my problem is the start location.I put start location and when i enter game and map,there is no town center or anything just emty map,i tried everything,please help me,i even deleted triggers,but nothing helps...:vw_unimpressed:

Level 14
Okey guys,i want to say first that i am new at world editor,so i watched some clips on youtube,even tutorials on google,and it all worked fine except one thing,but remember,i did everything same like all of them...Okey,so my problem is the start location.I put start location and when i enter game and map,there is no town center or anything just emty map,i tried everything,please help me,i even deleted triggers,but nothing helps...:vw_unimpressed:

This is the reason why the Town Hall is being created.
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
      • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)
If you removed that trigger, Town hall will not appear in the game.

The action below is used to create a starting units like peasants and town hall.
  • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)

Level 1
Wrong

Guys,guys, i want to have a town hall when i begin game not to delete it in triger,and between i tried everything you said here but it doesnt work...When i go to game,select map i created it loads map normaly,and when game starts there is no town hall,or workers,and i made start location right and trigers...Between sorry for my bad English i am from Serbia

Level 3
Guys,guys, i want to have a town hall when i begin game not to delete it in triger,and between i tried everything you said here but it doesnt work...When i go to game,select map i created it loads map normaly,and when game starts there is no town hall,or workers,and i made start location right and trigers...Between sorry for my bad English i am from Serbia

Have you tried placing a town hall using the unit palette?

Level 20
Press "U" to open the unit palette then find the town hall building, select it and place it to your desired start location if it is created perfectly then remove the town hall building you created in the editor, if it still doesnt work check the initialization triggers if it is enabled or it is not removed. You must read some GUI tutorials or even the editor tutorials before you interact with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.