• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.

My map has a lot of terrain deformations (I abuse the shit out of Raise Terrain and Lower Terrain). The problem is that now in the editor, it's really hard to raise Terrain (it doesn't even show in real-time, I have to raise then only when I release the mouse I can see the result)

This error is not just in the WorldEdit but all Terrain Deformation abilities such as War Stomp are also lagging the map for 1-2 s when they are casted.

Is there anyway to fix this?

this is usually caused when your computer's visual processor is processing to much data at once. When i use any terrain deformation on any of my map it takes a good 1-2 seconds to place the deformation. This mainly occurs when i have been running my computer for a while and have been editing for a while. Maybe next time this starts up again, save your work or shut down warcraft 3 all together and shut down your computer. Give it time to cool off (5-10 mins). Get back to me and let me know what else is wrong. Also, if all fails, upgrade your video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.