• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Contest #10 Idea Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Alright, I read like the 4 first pages and half of this one and my conclusion is that I am for Surreal Playable, with the restrictions chaos mentioned. Also, I say that if people want to add triggers, sure thing, if you want to have a triggerer help you, knock yourself out. In any case, the trigger's wont be judged, so they wont really matter, its more for personal prefrences I would say.

Level 15
@-Kobas-, it's an easy way to distinguish between the users choice from the rest of his post incase someone wants to scroll down the page and add them up quickly.

Although it's not my first choice, you know that you can count me in for anything. It would seem that surreal playable is the majority. So, Keiji is it safe to conclude that as the theme and get this started, or do we still need to waste some more time on a poll to most likely find out the same thing? Your call.

Level 23
So yeah, as already stated in my signature, I'll be quite busy with exams and then from 22th of July away on vacation without internet :/ For two weeks. I would like to participate, but I guess, I won't be able to do so, because of this exams and holidays.
So I can judge it, if it has time until two weeks after 22th of July!

Level 7
I'll be able to judge this.

Only 1 question will this one also look resources to THW and WC3C?

As far as I know there are no resource restrictions for this contest, as long as they are available for all contestants.

Level 36
I'll give this 1 or 2 weeks before I make the contest, I know some of the terrainers are on vacation, or planning to do so. And either way it is obvious that in the summertime many people are on vacation, so starting then will give others the chance to enter when they come home. And well tleno, the theme is pretty much decided, unless someone comes up with a really big plot twist :p

And with the current theme I wont say it would be impossible to make a terrain using constructions and shit like that, you only have to be very creative.

Level 15
Hopefully this will encourage someone to get this started. Feel free to change what needs changed, add a picture, and then let's get this started.

the%20hive%20workshop.png

terraining.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
0.png

PLAYABLE SURREALISM: Having the disorienting, hallucinatory quality of a dream

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

Theme Description: The theme is Playable surrealism. The contestant must create a playable terrain that would depict the world of dream. If you are confused about what surrealism is then I recommend doing some research on google or DA. Creativity is encouraged :)

• No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    [*]A few in game screenshots showing your submission in action.
    [*]The completed map in the appropriate format.​
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges may not participate.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • Map may consist of any resource as long a it is public.
  • No image editing tools may be used to enhance the terrain previews (however you may use them to crop).
  • The contestant's map can not exceed the file size of 8mb.
  • Map size must be 64x64
  • Adding triggers is allowed but WILL NOT be judged on. They are simply for your own satisfaction.
  • Protecting your map is prohibited. The terrain will need to be looked at both in game and in the world editor.

prizes.png

• First Place: X reputation points and your entry on an award icon.
  • Second Place: Y reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: Z reputation points and an award icon

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

A % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
B % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Final Score = (Judge's Score)*X + (votes/(total votes))*Y = (score)/100

judges.png

Tell me if you want to be one.

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

All submissions must be complete and submitted 8 weeks after the contest is started.
The contest shall begin on Start Date and conclude on End Date, 2010 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.