• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terminus of Fears

Reactions: deepstrasz
A horror cinematic map.

Models are taken from Hiveworkshop and Ultimate Terraining Map

However, this map shares some similarities with my previous map : 'Don't Look Back'.

Please maximize you volume while playing the map ~~~
ENJOY~~~~

Keywords:
horror,ghost,cinematic,undead,zombie,sadako,gore,blood,demon,devil
Contents

Terminus of Fears (Map)

Reviews
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless...

M

Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be

review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep

review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this

new_mail.png
Visitor

Terrain
The terrain look great as it really does give a person the feeling of being part of the character. But, there is a downside of it as well. One of the downside is those destructible/doodad outside the window when the bus was moving. It doesn't look realistic enough. If somebody paid attention to those destructible/doodad, they would notice the terrain at the window is simply awful. As for that, I have to give it a 6/10
Error
As far as I concern, I do not found any error such as typo error or malfunction victory/defeat condition. But, 1 error that I do notice is at the camera movement. Which I naturally only could give it a 9/10
Replay Value & Fun factor
This map really could give a person quite a creepy feeling and definetely worth to watch it again, especially at 3am by setting the speaker at max volume. For that, I give it a perfect score.
Credit & Import Material
As for the import material, it seem you import every material at the right place. However, even though you do give credit. You are given credit to the website only, you should give credit to the author who post the sources at the website as well. As for that, I have to give 7/10
Camera & Special Effect
Camera was good at some part, but could be awful at certain section. I have seen it run through several doodad/destructible. If this been done to give it a greater effect, I do not mind at all. But, it doesn't do so.

As for the special effect, it look great for those who first time watch the horror movies by you. But, if anybody have watch 'Don't Look Back' cinematic. They would said the special effect is boring cause it similiar to it. Try give the special effect a much fresh perspective.

For this, I give 5/10
File Size & Originality
As for the file size, I have to said it is considerably big because I do not hear any music rather than those scary sound. This cinematic doesn't have any voice for it's character, thus I failed to see why this map size must be so big that it could reach 9mb.

As for the originality, I have to give it quite a thumb down as well cause it have the similarities of your previous horror cinematic by at least 80%

Sorry, but this is the section that I had to give it a 2/10.
Packaging & Description/Information/Detail
Packaging and description doesn't look impressive enough. Especially when you used the same mini map preview, try use another map preview that could give a creepy feeling to people.

When you try to make people laugh or scared, you must always use different method cause people would no longer have the same effect/feeling towards it after they have seen it several time.

6/10 for this.
Storyline & Theme
As for the storyline, it quite good. But, I cannot said further about it cause it might contain spoiler.

For theme, yes it is quite spooky enough. Especially the picture, for those who have heart attack. I recommend them not to watch it. But, if you are as crazy as I do. Have a laugh over the photo.

8/10 for this.
Music & Sound
For music, I really failed to listen any music from it. It seems you doesn't add any music into it. To make matter even worst, there is no voice actor for those character.

About those horror sound that could possibly heard from the cinematic, it is under the category of Special Effect. This map failed to get any score for this part.

0/10
Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules
As for the quality, I have to agree with maplover that his previous cinematic is far better compare to it.

As for the website rules, you did not mention this map is protected. But, your map name have the word "Protected" written clearly on it. So, I think it is fine.

6/10 for this
Overall Review
Overall, this cinematic is quite short and quite good to give a scare for those who have mild heart. But, for those nuts like me. It could possibly be a good comedy cinematic.

1 big dissapointment for me is, those horror effect are 80% similiar to your previous map. Which it ruin the excitement and suspense out of me.

Give it a fresh look, so your fan won't be bored by it.

Review it as a moderator, I am much strict over the map rating. This map still need a few minor tweak in order for it to be recommend such as adding a fresh look. However, I give it 4/5 as a user cause the fun play is great.

Positive & Negative Point
[+] - Worth to watch it over again.
[!] - Try give it a new look.
[-] - Camera run through doodad/destructible, but failed to give it a good effect.

Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating
1) Terrain - 6
2) Error - 9
3) Replay Value & Fun factor - 10
4) Credit & Import Material - 7
5) Camera & Special Effect - 5
6) File Size & Originality - 2
7) Packaging & Description/Information/Detail - 6
8) Storyline & Theme - 8
9) Music & Sound - 0
10) Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules - 6
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 59/100
Moderator Rating - 3/5
User Rating - 4/5
Condition - Good
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this

new_mail.png
Visitor

Level 5
omg!!!!!so cool!!!!! i love it..
Bad marks
[-I It gets stuck in the bus while moving or is it like that way?
[-] You could make the grudge model a bit more realistic and bit more scary
[-] You should also put voices for the people
[-] camera angle sometimes goes through objects which blocks little of the view.
[-] I dont see why it has to be so big file size...
[!] ''Don't look back'' is much beter then this lol ( this has no relation with this )

My Requests

hey could u give me those head turning models..ill use them in my map
you could give me the grudge model and i might be able to make it beter for u.

Overall rating
3/5

Good work

keep on making more scary cinematic's

Level 31
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be

review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep

review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this

new_mail.png
Visitor

Terrain
The terrain look great as it really does give a person the feeling of being part of the character. But, there is a downside of it as well. One of the downside is those destructible/doodad outside the window when the bus was moving. It doesn't look realistic enough. If somebody paid attention to those destructible/doodad, they would notice the terrain at the window is simply awful. As for that, I have to give it a 6/10
Error
As far as I concern, I do not found any error such as typo error or malfunction victory/defeat condition. But, 1 error that I do notice is at the camera movement. Which I naturally only could give it a 9/10
Replay Value & Fun factor
This map really could give a person quite a creepy feeling and definetely worth to watch it again, especially at 3am by setting the speaker at max volume. For that, I give it a perfect score.
Credit & Import Material
As for the import material, it seem you import every material at the right place. However, even though you do give credit. You are given credit to the website only, you should give credit to the author who post the sources at the website as well. As for that, I have to give 7/10
Camera & Special Effect
Camera was good at some part, but could be awful at certain section. I have seen it run through several doodad/destructible. If this been done to give it a greater effect, I do not mind at all. But, it doesn't do so.

As for the special effect, it look great for those who first time watch the horror movies by you. But, if anybody have watch 'Don't Look Back' cinematic. They would said the special effect is boring cause it similiar to it. Try give the special effect a much fresh perspective.

For this, I give 5/10
File Size & Originality
As for the file size, I have to said it is considerably big because I do not hear any music rather than those scary sound. This cinematic doesn't have any voice for it's character, thus I failed to see why this map size must be so big that it could reach 9mb.

As for the originality, I have to give it quite a thumb down as well cause it have the similarities of your previous horror cinematic by at least 80%

Sorry, but this is the section that I had to give it a 2/10.
Packaging & Description/Information/Detail
Packaging and description doesn't look impressive enough. Especially when you used the same mini map preview, try use another map preview that could give a creepy feeling to people.

When you try to make people laugh or scared, you must always use different method cause people would no longer have the same effect/feeling towards it after they have seen it several time.

6/10 for this.
Storyline & Theme
As for the storyline, it quite good. But, I cannot said further about it cause it might contain spoiler.

For theme, yes it is quite spooky enough. Especially the picture, for those who have heart attack. I recommend them not to watch it. But, if you are as crazy as I do. Have a laugh over the photo.

8/10 for this.
Music & Sound
For music, I really failed to listen any music from it. It seems you doesn't add any music into it. To make matter even worst, there is no voice actor for those character.

About those horror sound that could possibly heard from the cinematic, it is under the category of Special Effect. This map failed to get any score for this part.

0/10
Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules
As for the quality, I have to agree with maplover that his previous cinematic is far better compare to it.

As for the website rules, you did not mention this map is protected. But, your map name have the word "Protected" written clearly on it. So, I think it is fine.

6/10 for this
Overall Review
Overall, this cinematic is quite short and quite good to give a scare for those who have mild heart. But, for those nuts like me. It could possibly be a good comedy cinematic.

1 big dissapointment for me is, those horror effect are 80% similiar to your previous map. Which it ruin the excitement and suspense out of me.

Give it a fresh look, so your fan won't be bored by it.

Review it as a moderator, I am much strict over the map rating. This map still need a few minor tweak in order for it to be recommend such as adding a fresh look. However, I give it 4/5 as a user cause the fun play is great.

Positive & Negative Point
[+] - Worth to watch it over again.
[!] - Try give it a new look.
[-] - Camera run through doodad/destructible, but failed to give it a good effect.

Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating
1) Terrain - 6
2) Error - 9
3) Replay Value & Fun factor - 10
4) Credit & Import Material - 7
5) Camera & Special Effect - 5
6) File Size & Originality - 2
7) Packaging & Description/Information/Detail - 6
8) Storyline & Theme - 8
9) Music & Sound - 0
10) Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules - 6
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 59/100
Moderator Rating - 3/5
User Rating - 4/5
Condition - Good
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this

new_mail.png
Visitor

Level 12
well, It didnt scare at all. You should work more with camera and with lighting, more short-timed camera=more action, and you should set less light in that "cave" or whatever it was. The camera moved thought one pillar and if that in the end was FPS camera, it should be more like "steps", and dont forget about cinematic skip trigger

2/5

Level 8
well, It didnt scare at all. You should work more with camera and with lighting, more short-timed camera=more action, and you should set less light in that "cave" or whatever it was. The camera moved thought one pillar and if that in the end was FPS camera, it should be more like "steps", and dont forget about cinematic skip trigger

2/5

Cinematic don't need skip trigger.

Level 3
Well, this was one of the funniest cinematics I've seen. It's meant to scare people, that I know, but I couldn't stop laughing yet. Oh, and the unmoving terrain was a bit weird, but I understand that it is impossible to make in WE.

Level 17
Good game

Also calahan Can U tell me how u made the terrain destructable when using abils n stuff. I really wanna know so i can make my games more realistic. Help would be greatly thanked
Ty Please reply
Or u could let me look at the code u used