• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] TEoP Sechiron Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
The Emerald of Power: Sechiron Rises is an OPEN WORLD RPG Campaign with a ROUND-BASED Combat System!

Features:
Open World System: Through different entrances in each maps and an implemented Fasttravel system you are able to switch between the maps.

8wm7js5g.jpg

Letterboxmode: The whole game is shown in Letterboxmode. You only need the Arrow keys and the ESC Button.
Arrow keys --> to move and control the menu
ESC: to Interact with things and NPCs.

t42mjb74.jpg

Dialogue System: You are able to speak with almost any NPC you meet through the game. With the arow keys UP and DOWN you can select your text and with the RIGHT Arrow key you can confirm your decision.

5xd9oy8w.jpg

Global Menu:

cm2ge5mj.jpg

The Global menu is one of the most important parts of the game.

- Character: Check the stats and attributes of your character and his progress. You will add up to 5 characters to your party.

- Equipment: Check the Equipment of your characters you have an open space for: weapon, head, shoulder, chest, hand, legs, feet and accessoire.

k8oab36i.jpg

- Inventory: You have two inventories, one for equipment one for items.

- Spells and Attacks: All characters will gain more and more spells and attacks as they gain a level. The level cap is actually 25. The characters learn their new abilities automatically.
Spells: Spells cost mana to be activated, some spells can be activated also out of fight.

- Attacks: You start each combat with 0 Combopoints (CP). With different attacks and some spells you add CPs, with enough CPs you will be able to activate stronger attacks.

- Save: Why a custom saving system? The huge advantage of a customsaving system is, that if I upload a new version of my campaign you do not loose all your progress, you can simply replace your old version with the new version and go on playing.

- Party: Here you can manage the positions of your party members, the position one, two and three are your characters in battle.

- Professions: Yes there are also professions which you can skill. Mining, Blacksmithing, Skinning, Leatherworking, Clothcrafting, Tayloring, Herbology and Alchemy. You do not have to gather the recipes, you go to craftsmen in the cities speak with them check their specific list of craftable items and bring them the ingredients. (It is for the gamers who love farming and achieving, you do not have to craft to beat the game, but it is an option.)

Round Based Combat-System: Similar to games like Final Fantasy you always have Round-Based Combats. Nothing new but a funny experience with the World Editor of Wc3.

mdelz8f8.jpg

zfvvrool.jpg

idwkv9e7.jpg

g3xfeie2.jpg

There is a huge variety of normal enemies and boss mobs, which react with different tactics, attacks, spells and other skills and attributes.

Story: Actually I just want to explain the system, the story is finished and I think you will like it but I just do not want to spend the time to explain it in detail.

But It continues the events after Wc3 TFT as I imagined it 6 years ago before the releases of Burning Crusade etc.

Terrain:
jz8qjaem.jpg

xpaxyalu.jpg

kye95dgs.jpg

r8zj5hzg.jpg

p4ny7xkc.jpg

pqalsf74.jpg

87axrvrj.jpg

I already finished 9 maps and the mainquest gametime is 3-4 hours.
Over 250 Items are finished.
And I hope to release the beta in one month.

Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:
Level 10
Where do you need more decoration I even have grass everywhere. There are 30000 doodads on some maps ^^

But do not worry that is only a smal piece of the terrain variety ^^ you can imagine on 9 maps there is much more. I will release the beta when I have finished 2 more maps which I planned.

Level 25
Nice. This is the type of campaign I'd love to play. Great idea using the Esc key with so much versatility, and I'm looking forward to seeing how fast-paced the round-based combat is.

Open world map travelling is something I've been thinking about for a while, but I imagine it's a lot of work creating systems that change dynamically based on events between different maps. Good luck, and I hope we're able to play it sometime fairly soon :psmile:

Level 10
All my systems are very flexible and for example to create one new item I only need 50 seconds. 40 seconds to think about the stats and attributes and 10 seconds to type it in ^^

My Open World System is also very easy to understand and until now it hasn´t been any problem to configure it.
There has to be an integer for every quest and progress you implemented. This integer always have to be saved and if the game gets loaded the integer also have to be restored from the gamecache. Then you need a trigger which rebuilds the map to the point the game was saved. That sounds like a lot of work, but in most cases it is very easy.

Also I forget to mention that there is also a profession & crafting system implemented. You can skill 8 professions from the beginning to create powerful items by increasing your skill ^^. Will add it to the description.

The battles are very different from one to another as from the beginning all enemies got different spells and skills, until now there is a pool of 40 skills only for the enemies. They buff each other, they heal each other use debuffs, damage over time spells etc.

This game also consists of a lot of riddles and puzzles. So there are also some Boss Opponents which got a weak spot. You won´t be able to beat them if you do not recognize it^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.