• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Temporarily Remove Unit Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all,

I'm looking to temporarily remove a units vision (or reduce it to 0)

I've tried negative values in the sight range bonus item, but they don't seem to work (or I'm adding them wrong)

Is that the only item that does something like that?

Thanks!
- Zach

Level 15
I remember doing something similar and it worked. I used a certain item ability, probably the one you are talking about. I don't know why it would not work for you.
The ability is called "Item Sight Range Bonus". You can use negative values by holding shift while double clicking on the data field.
Alternatively you can enable negative values in the preferences. The shift method does more than only allowing negative values though. You can also use silly huge and small values, so basically shift allows you to enter anything, but this allows you also to enter values that won't work and cause problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.