• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tempest Rising - New C&C Style RTS From THQ Nordic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
THQ Nordic have recently announced a new game - Tempest Rising, a classic base building RTS heavily inspired by the Command & Conquer series.

Tempest Rising features 3 playable races with unique mechanics, 2 single player campaigns with 15 missions each and of course ranked multiplayer. I haven't seen any information about a map editor, but since the game is said to have "custom games", I imagine they must have something to make them with.

Finally, there's no concrete release date, but it's meant to come out in 2023.

Here's the announcement trailer:

More information on the official website (including screenshots) - link.

---

My thoughts... Well, I'm not really a fan of C&C titles, but I'm very happy to see another studio develop an RTS game. The trailer is a bit corny, but graphically the game looks nice. One thing that caught my eye is that one of the screenshots has dialogue options in a cutscene. Based purely on first impressions, I'm definetely more intrigued by this than Stormgate. Alas, we know so little about either game than it's really hard to judge.

That said, the RTS genre really needs some strong new entries, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.