• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Teldrassil Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking off creating an add-on mod for TFT, allowing the use of four new races: The Pandaren, Blood Elves (A Full and completed race), the Naga (same) and the goblins. Problem is, I wonder if it is worth it.

I have been thinking that, with teh addons, the game will generate some sort of wholesale training, where you can train and upgrade from different core classes in squads of 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, etc. for a low cost, while implimenting new race and game structure: basing the game on globals dealing with your controls of outposts, areas, bases, etc. The more the better, and if you can capture one, it will unlock units or give the option to add a unit, or vice versa, where you can loose a unit.

Say that you are being a Night Elf (Original races will be modded as well) and you are in control of the three main outposts for the NE's: The Fletchery, The Horn of Cenarious, and the Temple of Elune. Now, if I want to expand the units so I can upgrade to make my archers into armored rangers, I can take over a blacksmith owned by a human. Alternatively, if I loose my Fletchery to another player, I can not summon archers.[

While this is a quick post, I will expand it over the next few days, since I am on Winter Break from school (thank god). Please, comments, critisizms, etc. are welcome.

Level 11
love the idea, have a horrible headache atm but i know i seen sumtin similar to the armored archer idea b4. not on wc3 but some other game. although rts is usually pretty dead on b net. but if u want to do an rts i can't stop you haha.
an idea would be tier 2 altars, have hero upgrades, or if bad idea instead have special legendary figures of the race come out of the altar. like special name non-hero unit.

I'd love to see mounted archers, human knights with elven fletchery.

Level 6
Great idea, and I'd love to help :) Although, I don't know much about actually modding WC3, and I'm not a master at using the WE (However, I do know my way around it & can do some reskinning)

Also, keep in mind it will be a nightmare to balance, as well as find models for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.