• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

teh Desert of D00m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Yeah, whatever.
Anywayz, an attempt to create a desert and my first sun.
The background is pretty much complete, though the middle and foreground has merely started. Also lights ain't 100% done yet ^^

Tell me what you think :)

Attachments

• DesertTerrain.jpg
    DesertTerrain.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 220
Level 6
k so you have a desert and then in the background you dont have a desert? i dont understand this? its green its a field of grass in a desert? its a good terrain i just dont get how it goes from desert to fields of green grass

Lets see here:

1. The grass is dark and the water is bright, how come? make the grass lighter and the rest.
2.Those rocks look really bad and why are there only rocks on the left side of the terrain? add them in the far distance, but only smaller.
3. The sky should be bright! if you want it to be more realistic.
4.The tiles is boring, add more dirt.
5.The fence looks really out of placed, there are placed wrong in other words, and what are they doing there anyway? show us a house of the tauren or something else.
6.Add some glow doodads, it will be better.
7.The fog looks bad, change it into some brighter fog.

Level 15
UPDATE! :D

@X.E.R.E.X - Thank you for noticing hehe, changed ^^ and i only had the "outline", more detailed content now ^^

@BlinkForFear - Well, might look wrong, but the terrain is supposed to be Barrens like, and there are oases in Barrens, and I think it adds more contrast to the whole desert ^^

Attachments

• DesertTerrain1.jpg
    DesertTerrain1.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 98
Level 6
nice adds but if it were me i would take some of the animals out. i dont know y but for me any living thing that is not a plant or just some dark lord of awesomeness kinda brings the terrain down in my opinion.

i dont know if its just me but all those animals bring my attention to them and not the fire, which is bad because im assuming the focus of the picture is the fire.

TAKE AN ANIMAL OUT :D

Level 15
Did Oziris post here? Lulz? What's up with him anyway xD

Anyway Update =D Worked on lightning and filling up some empty spaces. More contrast now ^^ Also replaced palms with Barrens trees, and a more red sun + clouds (Barrens like)

Off-topic: Thanks Void :D You gave me the big green crystal :3

Attachments

• DesertTerrain2.jpg
    DesertTerrain2.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Level 6
WOOT!!!!!! animal taken out FTW !!!! nice update looks a lot better

Edit: NO YOU took the palm trees out that was my favorite part!!! it actually is realistic you realize that right? your in a desert (lots of sun) and it has a water source, perfect growing conditions for a palm tree

Status
Not open for further replies.