• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #6 - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
oh wow i do not remember it being that low lol XD

hmm i must see if i can find my map again, wow that is bad, i thought it was different than that

that is true that it lacked anti-air capabilities, that would make a lot more sense

EDIT: I just checked my map, and the maximum is 500. I have no idea what happened there oO

Haha no worries, it could have been an isolated incident towards me. But it created... "problems"... when playing your race. :)

@Vengeance Im sure a map moderator will be fine with this :p

~Asomath

Level 35
@Astaroth: oh it most certainly would XD

@Pharaoh: don't worry, i don't influence judging at all. unless it's wrong, then i'll point it out.
but i never said the scores were what's wrong (although i do believe that my submission doesn't necessarily deserve 10th place, if there are good reasons why it got 10th place, then so be it), but it was the reasoning.

~Love Guru

Level 35
well damn, Astaroth, the map i was checking out was an older version where the mana cap was 500

i remember thinking 'oh that's way too much considering the mana costs of units' and brought it down to 100, FORGETTING COMPLETELY that i had upgrades that required MORE than 100 mana, even in tier 1 XD

anyway, here is an updated version, just so you can actually PLAY the damn map without having to use cheats. i figure it's too late for it to contribute to the contest, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun with my race anyway.

also, i left the game crashing spell in this version because i find it to be an amusing display of my modding skills. also, it's not really as essential as progressing to tier 2.

Level 14
Hahah. Yep, Im afraid having 3 units might do some damage to your Legion and Balance score. Ill have to check it out tomorrow though... thanks!

~Asomath

Edit: And are you talking about the spell Ghost was talking about? I havent encountered it yet

Level 35
oh yeah, i am, it's very dangerous

best part is it used 0 coding (blizzard has some interesting errors. just recently, i had a building in my mod that would crash the game every time you clicked on it. i pinpointed the reason to being that it was able to train a particular unit, and worked out that it was glitching because that unit had a unit dependency value, for the Burrow ability. DESPITE THE FACT THE CRYPT FIEND USES THE EXACT SAME METHOD.)

anyway, i don't think anybody should be upset about the judging being redone. after all, if we are all confident enough in our work and believe that we got the position we deserved, then there should be no problem, yes?

Level 18
oh yeah, i am, it's very dangerous

anyway, i don't think anybody should be upset about the judging being redone. after all, if we are all confident enough in our work and believe that we got the position we deserved, then there should be no problem, yes?

Dude, I thought that they will consider BOTH judges like in most contests. Each judge has the same weight (35% for this contest), you can't discard a judge work.

Level 35
in this case i believe they'd make an exception, considering the comments and the ratings simply don't add up

it's like saying that just because someone has an opinion, no matter how wrong or inaccurate or uneducated or biased it is, it should have weight in coming up with a final decision

Level 30
Because community wanted so, I'm discarded from the contest and I blacklisted from judging contest in future.

It was a great time to review your maps, guys, and I still look forward to released versions of your maps.
I joined by request, while I had not too much experience in Tech Contests, but since it was a rush, I did my best, and acording to all encouraging PM messages I got, I believe I've done it good. Not good enough, I see.

Thanks for the fun you provided me, and sorry again.

Level 35
it was the logical decision with the intent of progression towards the betterment of ourselves and the community

or something like that

now we also have the next techtree contest to look forward to, we should spread word of that. if you have the time, perhaps you could join in that, apheraz?

Oh jesus I just noticed that more than 50% of your race is in the next tier. Lol.
Also what are those 120/25/5 in the unit tooltips under Necromicon? Is that like the cost? 120 Gold, 25 wood and 5 food? edit: Oh yup it is.
And how exactly do you even gain wood? edit: oh the same as the gold thingies. How dare you not put that in the tooltip?!

Level 30
Phar, I decided that.

I want to redraw my results, so that the community is no longer raging at me for what I have(n't) done.

For blacklisting, I no longer want to participate in any contest as a judge. The first situation with TWIF and Dragonson, then this, made me realize that their arguments of being bias are wrong, but I'm a bad judge, and as such, I shouldn't judge any contests.

I don't want any problems, if I can call them like that. I feel bad enough without them already.

Level 35
Oh jesus I just noticed that more than 50% of your race is in the next tier. Lol.
Also what are those 120/25/5 in the unit tooltips under Necromicon? Is that like the cost? 120 Gold, 25 wood and 5 food? edit: Oh yup it is.
And how exactly do you even gain wood? edit: oh the same as the gold thingies. How dare you not put that in the tooltip?!

yeah, you got it :3

for those ones, i made them cheaper because they eat Spectres, which cost 60 gold each and stuff

Level 7
apheraz . . . .
don't be something like that D:
be optimist . . .
you can try to judge again . .

i know, now your judging is a bit 'weird'
but you could learn and try again :D

Level 14
Please understand that with all the recent major events regarding the Hive's Policies, including Vengeancekael's resignation, alot more time has been absorbed then what was expected since the announcement for rejudging this contest. I will need a tad more time to revise my current judging for any inconsistinces, and I could also predict that for Pharaoh (who probably also has had to divert some attention) to organize VKael's judging and post the results.

~Asomath

P.S. Fire nation was quite fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.