• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #6 - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
the%20hive%20workshop.png

techtree.png
contest.png
number.png
6.png

results.png

160036-albums4747-picture56605.png
160036-albums4747-picture56606.png
No Imports
Contestant's aim was to create a unique race, without importing anything. The only imports allowed were dummy.mdx and a Hero Glow (can be found at our Models section).

contest%20judging.png
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10th place: Wazzz

Gameplay --------------- 3/15
Using mana as a summoning resource is already a plain idea, as well as making your main structure not a structure at all, but a simple unit - all seen multiple times and not too much intuitive. You just got that general idea to make the Necromancer the center of your race, which not only it's a bad idea since you will need to get it away from big battles (in which he's essential to make units), but you simple win the game by overpowering (gold mining for nearly nothing and creating units free of train time from corpses). It looks like you tried to combine the Undead and the Night Elves, and the result is a real mess. Buildings and towers is something that every race should have, and unless you have a good reason to make them less than you should, don't do it anymore.
Overall: Ripoff of several races, combined, and ineffectivelly enhanced with old unbalanced ideas.

Balance ------------------ 2/10
The main structure can walk around the entire map, go to the two player's battle and win by spamming summoning skills, which not only are a perfect imbalance themselves (free of training time), but are also complete ripoffs of original races. You won't waste resources on buildings, so you have a plenty of those to waste on units. Upgrades are a disaster, there isn't a point with most of them, and they get too monothone and repetitive over game. Using damage and HP data of original races got you even more negative points.
Overall: Balance that's slightly worse than Rebecca Black's song - 'Friday'.

The Legion -------------- 0/10
Exact and complete ripoff of the Undead race, with even the same statistics and quite minor tweaks here and there, and since this is a techtree contest, not a copy-a-race-and-just-change-icon-and-model contest, I won't tolerate or moderate this, and you got a round number of points: zero. The only, ONLY unit that magically appeared in your map and is custom is Dullahan, which was sort of antimage. But he's still a rip of Necromancer.
Heroes are pathetic. The Leveller is the worst Hero I've ever seen in my six years of mapping experience. The Reaper has just as bad theme and a very bad combo of skills you matched (3 defensive, 1 summoning).
Overall: Pathetic.

Originality --------------- 1/10
I've mentioned everything before. No points for ripoffs, but your mana summoning skill is something that got you that skinny grade.
Overall: [R]estneace-[OFF].

Appearance ------------ 0/10
Tooltips that have no sense or with effortless atempts of troll humor are the worst thing that got your rating low, models that don't go well with each other (seriously, what are Night Elf Warden, Orc Warlock and Human Mage doing in the undead race?), button icons for passive onces, ... You could at least make the system for souls work as it should. Oh, and I advice you to learn the secrets of the Spellbooks.
Overall: Read every frickin' tutorial about visuals you may encounter. This is a complete disaster, I would even give you negative points for your heroic atempts to be insignificant - if I wasn't in a good mood.

Total Score ------------- 6/55, which is 11% of the maximum score you could get, which gives you the rating of "Wrong Contest", and the tenth place out of ten on the scoreboard.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
9th place: WerePhoenix

Gameplay --------------- 4/15
The general gameplay was just like in the other standard races, including gold harvesting and lumber gathering. You even had the exactly same "Call to Arms" ability, with the original tooltip and icon, which made me vomit.
Anyone can play your race easily, since you just need to build one structure to be available to train, like, every frick' unit in your race. And that structure does completely nothing.
Why it's not possible to be able to build more than one structure at the time? Not fun at all, I got rushed two times before I had to use cheats.
No defensive towers, boring and monothone pace of game, not fun at all to play and lacks a lot more that it should.
Overall: Is this even a finished submission? Looks like you stopped at 50% and just posted it, hoping for a miracle which has the same chances to happen like Madonna being at the age of 50 again.

Balance ------------------ 4/10
Your balance made me perform an awkward pause.
Some units are fitting in the general Warcraft races, and really work out good. And then there are those highly imbalanced abilities and weak warriors for a good amount of resources that make you wonder why you even trained them.
Red Dragon had that treasure ability which gave him 5 gold per unit he kills. It's overpowered, you could stack up thousand gold in... hm... 200 kills. Bitch, please.
Upgrades are, well, basic. You ripped the original ones, and haven't even bothered to add some customs other than "Gives acess to this ability".
You're somewhere in the middle with balance, while still lacking.
Overall: As much as you went wrong with the Gameplay, you improved on overall Balance, but still did some general mistakes.

The Legion -------------- 2/10
I clicked on the build button and saw, like, five different dragon shrines where each trains only two units in the same pattern, one ground and one flying, and always one Draconian and one Dragon (unless where there wasn't icon and recolored skin for your Draconians).
Their roles are always the same: Tank, Carry, Support.
I encourage people to always experiment more than they think they should, you did really nothing. Not a single spot to feel freedom.
Overall: You kept on the safe road and got hit by a truck, while I was honking you three miles before that.

Originality --------------- 3/10
When the game was on, I thought for a second that I got the original Orc race. Then I noticed that they were "Enslaved" and that their base was "Captured" from some other race. You can do a LOT better than that.
A partial ripoff of the Human race, with Orcish style. Even the shop has nearly same items. Replacing the regular units with dragons and making the weird selection on what's on earth and what's not.
There are always, like, two types of units: one draconian and one dragon, divided into five colorful buildings. Have you even thought of making something that's NOT a Dragon as warrior? Dragon Mistress, Draconian Queen, Searing Phoenix, ...
You did a suicidal atemt to create something that Warcraft hasn't cared to much about, the Dragons. If your execution was a lot better, you would win this.
Overall: Partialy ripped Humans with same gameplay.

Appearance ------------ 2/10
Buildings that are there because you couldn't find more models that you were able to relate with dragons, so you just used a weird slavement idea. If I was a slave, I would run away before the game even started. There isn't too much to connect with the dragons, except with vise choice of model's appearance. Icons are mostly badly chosen. Tooltips are loreless and boring (and lame, if it's about abilities), and some upgrades don't even have any tool or tip, or combined (!!!). What's with that style of using same units all over and over again? Oh, and that Knight sounded Draconian made my laughing and judging day.
Overall: Started to do visuals. Stop'd at 25%.

Total Score ------------- 15/55, which is 27% of the maximum score you could get, which gives you the rating of "Lacking (a lot)", and the ninth place out of ten on the scoreboard.
8th place: Part207

Gameplay --------------- 4/15
A standard race, may I notice. Nothing new except the farm that can actually move around and follow workers, as it serves as a drop post for gathered resources, which I liked very much. Apart from that, really plain gameplay, the worst part broke on a low amount of repeteable units with overwhelm of abilities. I also liked the fact that you can also upgrade the Hero with those skills.
Overall: Simple and plain.

Basics of balance used. There is a set of, like, six total units you can train, and there are some issues, like making the ranged units a lot better in damage dealing than melee carries, and better in tanking as well. Some simple abilities, like the Sea Turtle's Crushing Wave and Cloud ability had unreasonable high cooldowns. Having one spellcaster possess a set of four random abilities is not a good idea, since they won't be able to cast it all, plus AoE damage dealing abilities on low tier units is a fast way to counter any race without magical resistance. And you did it twice. Upgrades are very basic.
Overall: Issues with all units, mostly casters.

The Legion -------------- 3/10
Very plain. You got one melee damage dealer and one ranged damage dealer, one tank/siege unit, one ranged tank/siege unit, and two casters. And only one Hero. To be honest, I just kept training and upgrading those Tier 1 ranged units in order to win, they had, like, 25 starting damage and 100+ damage from Slow Poison. Hero has a nice combination of skills, as it serves for defensive purposes reliable on mana and charging up the spellcasters.
Overall: Monotone race with few units and one hero available.

An icy race, mainly made of Tuskarrs. There are several beasts they tamed, and that's it. There is a nice separation of roles, but I'm afraid that your race doesn't have too much to offer. Oh, and Kodo Farms are brilliant.
Overall: Could be a lot better.

Appearance ------------ 4/10
Well use of random models for buildings, from different races, but based on Orcs - good combination of models, icons and color. I don't like the main structure, or the Naga building, they really don't fit the theme, no matter how hard you tried. The problem with buildings is that you overscaled most of them, making them flood the base and block the view for nothing. I liked the names of buildings.
Units are a disaster. Six units share two similar models and icons, and it's incredibly hard to recognize who is who in the battle. The polar bear, okay, they tamed them, but what about a Sea Turtle - how it fits in your race?
Tooltips are more bad than good, very simple in a bad way, and quite uninformative. Same goes for buildings.
Your hero has misplaced button positions of his skills, since they were just taken from ladder internal ones.
Overall: Very basic, and very wrong.

Total Score ------------- 18/55, which is 32% of the maximum score you could get, which gives you the rating of "Less braging, more action", and the eight place out of ten on the scoreboard.
7th place: Ender

Gameplay --------------- 7/15
Huge ideas with fataly wrong execution. Really, the flying bases that can move around, connect to each other and spread further is a very, VERY original and great idea, but your execution and visuals really brought it down. It would be a lot better if the units themselves would move, without dummy units, and about escaping from enemy attacks, there's a fine option which disables fleeing (Can Flee - False). It's very hard to control the flight. There should also be "Attach" and "Detach" options for your buildings. When I want to move one, I don't want to move entire building base.
Those numbers that appear from time to time are REALLY annoying, I kept raging more and more.
Overall: Stunning idea, ruined by cheap execution.

Balance ------------------ 3/10
Imbalance pops out at every frickin' corner, starting with buildings and their ability to escape and hide where enemies can't find them. There should be some sort of limit for that, other than slow speed. Heroes have abilities that are seriously overpowered, such as the Detection skill from one the Heroes, which basically reduced armor by 30 for few seconds of channeling time, or the Mines which deal low damage and knockback 12 seconds AFTER you planted them. In 12 seconds, the battle can be over. Units are sometimes balanced, sometimes they get overpowered or underweakened.
Also, some units have low attack damage and incredible attack speed, and guess what would happen when they meet the damage reductors? 1 damage per hit.
Overall: A lot of variations in balance - not a good idea.

Clearly separated roles. There are new units that require timing and tactics, and I like that, because it brings out the boredom and requires skill and precision. And then, there are heroes.
Ace has Summoning Skill, Evasion, AoE Damage Spell and a Steroid Boost.
Scientist has Delay AoE Damage Spell, Channeling Start INSANE Armor Reduction, HP to MP conversion and overpowered AoE Plague Spell. Where's the combo? Where's the sense?
Upgrades are focused a lot more on the upgrading single units other than a cluster of them. The organisation and distribution of roles among buildings is also, well, a fail, especially with those upgrades.
Overall: Tiring tactics and timing required to play the race. Five races required to defeat one Hero.

Originality --------------- 10/10
Incredible and stunning job with the buildings and units, especially with their abilities, really nothing more to say, great job. Great ideas.
Overall: Flawless.

Appearance ------------ 1/10
Buildings are overscaled and cover a heavy amount of screen, and if you add your whirling flyblades to the overall mess, you will get the point. That gold mining red laser is just ugly. Your idea of gnomes is to shrink down all units, well, next to the enormous buildings, they look very funny.
Effects are also overscaled, mostly the flying blades. A lot of variation in size brought your points down.
Tooltips are a living nightmare. Not only that they are writen badly, but they also lack vital informations. Especially the Heroes and ability tooltips, not to mention the upgrades.
You got a lot of wrong icons or models, displaying what they shouldn't: use matching icons for matching models, not a Mountaing King icon for a Gyrocopter. Same goes for upgrade icons, where I even saw a vomiting abomination which is supposed to upgrade defense against plague. Um.
Overall: Really lacking.

Total Score ------------- 24/55, which is 43% of the maximum score you could get, which gives you the rating of "Doesn't smell neither nice, neither bad", and the seventh place out of ten on the scoreboard.
6th place: kari0003

Gameplay --------------- 11/15
A nice idea to cluster the buildings near the primary structure. And also a very bad one, as well. AoE attackers and abilities will make you suffer a lot more than you should. Units that can be revived after their death with workers can cause some balance issues, but regarding their weaknesses and bonuses to enemies when they're killed got you back on the right way. Lumber harvesting is an intelligent and pretty nice idea - I liked that a lot. Buildings that damage enemies when they die is also a good burst of creativity, as well as the Heat perks, but as much as it helps, it causes heavy destruction to maps with high traveling system (read: big maps). Heat needs few better solutions in early game, to avoid heavy-duty problems that may ruin your map completely.
Overall: Tons of great ideas in one map, but could use some extra work.

Balance ------------------ 5/10
Units are quite imbalanced. You have a cheap, tier one warrior with more health than most tier 2 units of all races, even some tier 3 units! Overall, most of your units have slightly higher hit point values than they should. I know that this is meant to be like this because of heat abilities, but you could add some sort of prevention or cure for that other than one ability on the only mage in your race, and on one Hero. Heroes are mostly boring to play and rather weak against standard races. Oh, and that copy of Firelord isn't funny.
Buildings and their explosion can easily grind melee attackers, and some abilities of your units are very weak. Sometimes, it's wiser to get two units with different skills than make one with two roles. Those cluster buildings are dead when encountering AoE-type units.
Ash units and their revival caused the most problems with balance, making AI players ignore my workers in the background, who rushed in and revived, like, entire army in ten seconds, and for 1100 total gold.
Overall: Balance partially disappeared due to Gameplay's hunger.

The Legion -------------- 4/10
Rather boring and monotone. Units have high hit points, moderate damage, and abilities that are made in a such way that they usually don't compliment each other. Nothing new and nothing shiny. Roles of the unit classes are strictly separated.
Upgrades are kinda deja vu - nearly always upgrading a single unit, and not giving anything new.
Overall: Nothing much to say, monotone race when it comes to one.

Sharp and destructive race at first with all that heat and resource harvesting mods, but becoming more and more boring as the time goes by.
The Ash units are a 'Whamp!', as well as the precise building which requires tactics. Other than that, there's really nothing more to discuss, you got several huge ideas and executed them quite well, but totaly forgot about all those small details which are making a standard race - standard.
Overall: Few brilliant executions, and that's it.

Appearance ------------ 3/10
Silly buildings simply and harshly recolored to red, where in most cases, you can't associate them with fire. Workers are, well, weird. Sparks with their own mind. Units generally don't appear to have too much connection with magma. That frost dragon was just another "o_O" moment. Icons are very weird, you had a nice stash of internal icons, but kept to the idea of rainbow iconsets, which is a bad idea. Tooltips have a lot of gramar issues, and sometimes, don't even say all the things that they should. Some even use the tooltips from general races - such as your Infernal using Grunt's tooltip. Names of units made me wonder why people don't have sense for creativity these days. Nothing to make me go "Oooh!" and "Aaah!" and live to tell that I got multiple orgasms from your custom race.
Overall: Sloppy.

Total Score ------------- 26/55, which is 47% of the maximum score you could get, which gives you the rating of "Doesn't smell neither nice, neither bad", and the sixth place out of ten on the scoreboard.
5th place: Xiliger

Gameplay --------------- 10/15
When the game started, I was a little confused on what should I do. I sent workers to farm resources, and noticed the transform and build icons. It was a nice surprise. This offers a little harder way to build units at the begining, but it becomes a fast solution to invading enemies.
The Forest's Spirits ability - I'm somewhere in between with it. It serves as an incredible scouting tool, and for insane lumber harvesting, but since it's just another cherry on top of your gameplay, and I liked it's unique simplicity, I just got over that.
And why your main building isn't upgradeable? It's not increasing originality, it's increasing the factor where I want to give you a high five. In the face. With a chair.
And then I noticed that shitty upgrade at the Fountain of Life, which basically gave, like, 50% chance to reduce incoming damage by 5, which means an average of 2.5 damage reduction. Even for it's low cost, it was clear to me that not a single person would waste resources on THAT.
When I take a closer look, most of your upgrades are a real chaos, and are a lot weaker than they should be. You also seemed to divide the regular structures into two smaller ones, and it's a huge mistake. I kept clicking every single building just to keep saying: "Where on earth is that upgrade?!".
Organisation Level minus 2.
Overall: Extremely messy execution, but a great idea for the gameplay, as it offers a whole new way of strategies to combine and provoke.

Balance ------------------ 5/10
The Early Rush of any race is guaranteed to make you suffer a lot more than you should. You can stack up insane amounts of Ents and then transform them all at once - since even the best units have a low produce time, it can easily become quite imbalanced.
Upgrades are very weak, and offer practically nothing for their cost. The only ones that were worth - were the abilities ones.
Some units are crushed even by a Footman, some are capable of wiping out a large section of enemies, and some are so (under)powerful that I kept rolling over my eyes, and thought someone would say that one powerful and one weak unit make a balance, it's always a lot better idea to make two units with standard and balanced strength.
Overall: Imbalance that varries all around and is unexpected like Lady GaGa's next outfit.

The Legion -------------- 4/10
You have, like, this: Tanker, Tanker, Defensive Caster, Offensive Caster, Carry, Carry, Carry, Carry, Carry. Seriously? I would more like to see a set of units with different tasks in the battle, rather than 'sending tankers to cover carries, and leave casters in behind'.
One of Heroes is half spellcaster, half anti spellcaster. The second one is half tanker, half carry. Third Hero is half healer, half defensive caster. You need to stop separating what you shouldn't, and to be less daring when combining the total opposites.
Overall: Strictly ordered who should do what, not too many spots to experiment around. Heroes are weird combinations of totally opposite roles.

Originality --------------- 6/10
It's very hard when you get an idea to make a race, but that race already partialy exists, and is called the Night Elves. You just took out all purple Night Elves, left the Ancients, and added few Forest's Spirits. Buildings are combination of everything that associates to goddess Elune, not the forest and it's soul. Even the war units are reminding of regular Night Elven ones. No imports does not mean "not a step away from the base concept", but you seem to did a good job at transfering the universal race concept at your race.
Overall: Ripped Night Elves with new gameplay.

Appearance ------------ 3/10
I just laughed at those silly visuals. Most buildings don't even have too much connections with Forest, not even with it's primal elements (Water & Trees). You even used regular Night Elven buildings with purple roof and statues of lost heroes, and I bet you regret it now.
Tooltips are quite strict and loreless, with a lot of grammar fails. Those tips nearly made me do the exact opposite. There are few units with wrong icons, and I noticed that the Well of Life (which plays the exactly same role as the Moon Well building, by the way) has the Moon Well icon because your primary structure shares the SAME model (with the only difference being in variation of flying faeries and water's colors), which returned that "Ugh" factor back to me.
I nearly forgot about those weird animation walk speeds. Some for flying over big distances in two steps, some moved that fast that I started to imagine their legs within a circle movement, like in cartoons. You might also take in consideration those Missile Launch/Spell Casting times.
When ranged Ents started to attack, I was wondering why you don't have any missiles. And then I noticed those little glittering models that were hurled by large trees, usually in the weirdest colors and themes. Big orange tree hurled tiny purple tears (DoTT's Missile), while grayish green hawk-tree attacked with little light blue birds. Next time, when scaling down the large Wc3's models, check off the "Scale Projectiles" option.
I was in "The fuck?" stance after I saw those Entangling Roots spawn on buildings and making them look extremely funny.
Sounds are the worst part of this race.
Oh, for the last killing sentence, since you used the Den of Wonders model, there is an icon under the hidden path "BTNDenOfWonders" you just might want to check out before using same icons again, for different models, in the same builder option.
Overall: Where are visuals?

Total Score ------------- 28/55, which is 51% of the maximum score you could get, which gives you the rating of "Nice, but could be better", and the fifth place out of ten on the scoreboard.
4th place: GhostThruster

Great idea to give the cheap workers with a lifespan, I liked that a lot. The Wagons that harvest gold, I think that their steal ability is completely useless.
You did a great example on originality by improving gameplay with tons of new systems, such as the loading of Engineers to allow units special abilities and attack.
Tech is also a nice addition, thought it got busted due to tooltip's uninformativeness.
The Alchemist Hero and the Goblin Engineers that can be leveled up and thus replace the Heroes are also a fine mod.
All in one, a set of great systems that made your map flow with a new pace, thought there isn't too much to train/upgrade/build.
Overall: Low amount things you can do, but great systems anyways.

Balance ------------------ 6/10
You basically have, like, 5 units in total that can attack, and most of them require an engineer, which can cause some troubles in late game. The Land Mines are overpowering in the begining, as not too much races can get an invisible unit detection, and since their mana cost and cooldown are so low for such damage, they cause a lot of problems and give you a heavy-duty advantage.
You don't have required units to unleash a powerfull attack at an enemy, and you lack any sort of defensive building, other than the Kamikaze Goblins or Land Mines.
Units are well balanced in field of damage and hit points.
Overall: Balance crushed with low amount of created units.

Division of units is very clear, there are units that serve only for offensive or only for defensive purposes, and Hero with some minor skills. Nothing else, really, making it plain and single colored. The whole race has only *three* upgrades available.
Overall: Very simple, in a negative way. Nearly 10 units in total.

Originality --------------- 7/10
Purchasable workers with a lifespan, refreshable buyable units with stock instead of training time, engineers that need to mount them, Tech levels: everything got you a positive grade.
However, there's also not too much to judge in this, since the whole race contains of 'round ten units.
Overall: Good START, you should have developed more units.

Icon and model choices are good, tooltips are also well done, except the fact that the Research Lab should mention that "Every Research Lab built further increases your Tech Level, up to five levels".
Apart from that, really nothing more - you have the basics of basics.
Overall: Standard set of visuals.

Total Score ------------- 31/55, which is 57% of the maximum score you could get, which gives you the rating of "Nice, but could be better", and the fourth place out of ten on the scoreboard.
3rd place: AstarothZion

I like the fact that you get free towers and farms just by building structures and waiting. This weights off a lot from my shoulder. I also like the idea that the main structure is protected within a castle wall, and requires the gate to be smashed. I like the brand new and fresh ideas. But what I like the most is the upgrade system, which improves your units when they get enough experience. This, however, has a drafback, your workers are sometimes upgraded to warriors without even knowing it, and the newly improved units loose any of the orders they had before, such as harvesting resources. Apart from that, there's not too much to see.
Overall: Provocative idea, which resulted in a sucess.

Balance ------------------ 6/10
The first "problem" occurs with the first structure built. The free farms and towers it provides every (half of) minute can be upgraded for a cheap cost. Knowing the fact that most players forsake the buildings and farms until they really need them, this is a major buff which needs some tweaking. Also, the buildings upgrade with time, but their upgrade cost is far too expensive compared to waiting time.
The second and final problems appear to be the Heroes themselves. You have two heroes in one, meaning a set of 10 different abilities to be casted, and all of them are greater in power than standard races are. This is also happening with the other Hero, the Steam Tank, which is kinda weird choice for a Hero, but it's in the Visuals anyways. The third Hero, the ranger, is a real defensive bomb, my favorite hero so far in the entire contest.
Units are mostly well balanced, some of them are neglected in the fields of strength against the same tier creatures from other races. Some abilities are a little too powerful.
Overall: Well balanced, with an exception of free buildings and heroes.

The Legion -------------- 5/10
Heroes that can change role in the hearth of the battle is a good idea, but it ended up as a too optimistic experiment, as it can cause some troubles with new players and balance. Some abilities don't fit the themes of the heroes, which you noticed too late - when the time was up. Units are divided properly and have a good distribution of abilities and roles. Buildings are fine, except the fact of overexpensive upgrade costs. And the upgrades are rather simple and provide not too much difference from the original factions. The unit abilities seem to not be too much intuitive, you played on the safe road and forgot that what makes your race yours, is you.
Overall: Basic, needs more experiments and intuition.

Originality --------------- 8/10
Great ideas, great execution, but lacks something that will make it completelly different from the opposite factions. It reminds me of combined humans and orcs a little.
Overall: When all falls to one, from five stars, you would get clear four.

Appearance ------------ 7/10
Good tooltips, good icons and good models in most cases.
There are some issues with placing houses and towers behind structures, making them hard to click without screen rotation. Some of abilities got Active buttons for Passive skills, which is a great flaw in my opinion. Upgrade icons also sometimes just don't make no sense (like trident icons that were supposed to be arrows).
Good choice of size and overall model selection. That XP system could be executed with a finer, smoother note, rather than a sudden and sharp popup.
Apart from that, there's nearly nothing more to make me fall in love with the visuals of your race.
Overall: Good, but again, needs more intuition.

Total Score ------------- 37/55, which is 67% of the maximum score you could get, which gives you the rating of "On the right track", and the third place out of ten on the scoreboard.
2nd place: overcold_ice

Gameplay --------------- 12/15
With the most unique idea at this contest, you really hit the spot. Creating buildings that are depending on mana and sharing them away with portals that drain it. The only problem is the early attack, for which you will need a defensive tower or two with upgraded multishot. Lumber and gold harvesting impressed me. Stunning work with the unique factor. However, there are few flaws I must mention. You can't rebuild your main structure if it's destroyed. If everything else is destroyed, Magic Portals can still linger around, and since they don't provide any vision, if it's your last building, you're doomed. Gold can be mined from the gold mines even after it runs low, making it go forever in the negative value.
Oh, and there should be some sort of passive tree harvesting. First time I played with your race, I was left with one Magic Portal and 40 lumber (notice the irony), unable to upgrade it to anything. Enemy creeps were running around like idiots, unable to defeat me.
Overall: Stunning, unseen and brilliant idea, with minor bugs that should be fixed.

I am not sure how to define your balance. You have no units (other than summoned ones), and you can only attack the enemy with the buildings which are generally quite weak against creatures with damage resistance (such as Mountain Giants), since summoned units can't do much, even when stacked.
Ice Wraths are really good at wreacking havoc at the enemy's empty base, lava spirits for distractions and anti fast killers, and lightning revenant is a good DPS against crowded units. Early rushes will damage you greatly, late rushes will completely crush you if the enemy stacks up damage blocking.
The fact that you can mine gold and lumber at an incredible rate but you lack on serious offence, makes me see this race as a set of buildings around a Gold Mine, protected by allies, while I send them resources.
Overall: In a need of a lot better protection and offense against Early Rushes and Damage Blockers; Resource harvesting is insane.

The Legion -------------- 8/10
Units are coordinated and each of them plays a special role in the team. It's clear that if one building is down, all others get weaker. However, there isn't too much spot to feel freedom, and there aren't upgrades that affect the leading parameters of the race's role. The offensive towers are rather weak and can't stand early rushes. There aren't too much units around to build and pick from.
Overall: Coordinated, with multitasking - in a good way. Could be better.

Originality --------------- 10/10
Never seen or even thought of a concept like this - great job, I have to admit. Everything, from resource harvesting, mana distribution, special summoning skills and actually useful upgrades - everything is done flawlessly. Impressive work.
Overall: Flawless.

Appearance ------------ 7/10
Good choice of icons. Tooltips are done good as well. Effects are astonishing. It blew my mind just to see how the towers harvest gold, the curved movement and the effects and sounds that hit straight into that crystal. Incredible. Same goes for the lumber harvesting and mana distribution, thought I would reconsider to change the models of two effects to match the resources transfered. For gold, pick something yellow, for lumber green, and for mana, leave it as it is, it's good that way.
The thing that ruined the whole concept are the models. Far from the fact that the buildings are not good, because they are, but the scaling and tinting made the whole base look overcrowded, because you don't waste any pathing block with this race. It would have the better effect to scale them down, use more gentle colors, and play with attachments a little.
I am looking forward to see this race updated.
Overall: Stunning concept, ruined by the beginner's mistakes with scale and tint.

Total Score ------------- 41/55, which is 74% of the maximum score you could get, which gives you the rating of "Glorious", and the second place out of ten on the scoreboard.
1st place: Kingz

Gameplay --------------- 12/15
When I think of a race and how it starts, I usually think of sending three builders at the gold mine, one at trees, and one to build structures. However, your gold mine is mining itself, as well as the lumber harvesting (Souls), which doesn't harvest lumber at all, and leaves it away from any needs of your race, creating a brilliant atempt of making the gameplay unique. What bothers me, however, is that the souls you used replace the lumber for all players, thus making the system a little bit complicated to play in the multiplayer. Since this isn't a problem without solutions, you still got some points.
One more think that made me interested are the cults. By selecting a cult you like, you will gain certain benefits, at the cost of replacing the other two, which is a great idea. Your buildings are a real hit, you can even use the teleporters to move your army across a good deal of map, avoiding battles and ambushes, and striking enemies from the back, caught by a surprise.
Overall: Very good execution and base idea, even better with the smaller changes you applied where each of them compliments others.

Balance ------------------ 7/10
Units are well balanced. If they lack on defense, they have offense. If they're casters, they have abilities that suit their statistics. There are units for both single unit slaying, and mass harrasment. There are units designed to protect other units, which again, aid the first ones. However, the auto-farming of resources can cause a lot of trouble if not developed well. The only flaw is that most of the buildings have the same hit point value (800 or 900), which is weaker than the standard Warcraft III races have, and since there are not guard towers to protect them, overwhelming your units with mass attackers and siege units will result in your doom. All in one, nicely done.
Overall: Starter's insight at how this contest should be done.

The Legion -------------- 10/10
All of your units are doing very well with each other, rather than separating the roles strictly. There are a lot of multi-role units: both casters and gankers, tankers and supporters or supporters and gankers. Your stabile upgrades and Demon Rage abilities are just a cherry at the top of the cake.
Overall: Perfect distribution of abilities and roles.

Originality --------------- 8/10
A race that litterally rains hell over their enemies. Thought I saw countless Fel Orcs and Burning Legion races, I never saw a Hell Race. Combining the true elements of the hell, along with the deadly sins, you got a real jackpot. Self mining resources, builders that serve only for speeding up the resource gain and building of towers, the teleporting structure, brilliant upgrades and the Demon Rage skills - everything is classy but done in a such good and fitting way for your race, that it can easily stand next to the standard Warcraft III races. Clever use of in-game resources.
Overall: Nothing new, but at the same time, everything new. Good job!

Appearance ------------ 8/10
That incredible building animation made me go "WOW! Look at that!". A simple proof that small things in visuals can make your race look stunning and like it's a default race in warcraft. The only lacking thing are the tooltips for heroes, in which you (it appears) forgot to place the Warcraft III coloration and style, since you already started those. Perfect colors of iconsets, good usage of icons to match abilities and great distribution of roles among your models, which fit them perfectly. The whole race has that Purple-Red-Green theme of Hell, and I really like it, it looks better than if you were to place only Red-Orange-Yellow colors. Good missiles, good speed, attack animations, great everything but one more thing: those orbs at the gold mine and it's coloration really hurt the eyes. Something less fancy and not so strict would be better. Quick suggestion if you plan on releasing this race: maybe you can make it go from gentle purple to gentle red, to make it pulse.
Overall: Except Hero tooltips and minor tinting problems, everything is done well.

Total Score ------------- 45/55, which is 81% of the maximum score you could get, which gives you the rating of "Astonishing", and the first place out of ten on the scoreboard.

Final Calculation Formula:
((Poll Votes / Total Poll Votes) x 30%) + ((Apheraz's Results) x (70% / 50)))

Final Scoreboard, sorted in descending order:
Kingz: ((3 / 54) * 30) + ((45) * (70 / 50))) = 64.6
overlord_ice: ((2 / 54) * 30) + ((41) * (70 / 50))) = 58.5
AstarothZion: ((3 / 54) * 30) + ((37) * (70 / 50))) = 53.4
GhostThruster: ((7 / 54) * 30) + ((31) * (70 / 50))) = 47.2
Xiliger: ((1 / 54) * 30) + ((28) * (70 / 50))) = 39.7
kari0003: ((3 / 54) * 30) + ((26) * (70 / 50))) = 38
Ender: ((7 / 54) * 30) + ((24) * (70 / 50))) = 37.4
Part207: ((0 / 54) * 30) + ((18) * (70 / 50))) = 33.6
Wazzz: ((28 / 54) * 30) + ((6) * (70 / 50))) = 23.9
WerePhoenix: ((0 / 54) * 30) + ((15) * (70 / 50))) = 21

186519-albums3700-picture59198.png
1st: Kingz
2nd: overlord_ice
3rd: Astaroth Zion
4th: GhostThruster
5th: Xiliger
6th: kar0003
7th: Ender
8th: Part207
9th: Wazzz
10th: WerePhoenix

Contest | Poll

Level 35
i question your integrity as far as looking at my race is concerned

there ARE towers, i'm not sure if you noticed this or not, but it sounds like you didn't

i notice in your synopsis of the 'balance', you mention a lack of originality. are you entirely sure that you're critiquing the right aspects in the right areas? it sounds like you're on a vendetta against my idea itself despite there being a section for that.

statistics were not the same as the undead race, i ensured that.

you complain about button icons for passives? it was no imports, you sound silly critiquing that.

anyway, this train wreck of a review seems to be for the wrong kind of contest. pity, i was looking forward to getting this concluded. at least you tried to be funny, i guess.

emphasis on 'tried'.

Level 30
In the testmap provided as an entry in the list, ALL units had same copied statistics as the Undead units. Check it out if you don't believe me. And I stand behind the every word I said.

If something looks misplaced, it's because it affected that field as well.

You deserve negative points, be happy with this.

Level 35
i did check it out.

and i was right not to believe you.

where statistics were left the same was where i felt it suited the unit most.

your posts seem to be more and more of a personal vendetta rather than the attitude of an actual judge.

especially considering you didn't rate me equally.

are you sure you're suitable as a judge? i'm sure you're not.

additional: i'm sure if you actually played my race with a little less scrutiny in mind, you would have observed that the Human, Night Elf and the Orc are 'possessed'.

Last edited:
Level 14
Well, I definently would have given you at least a 2/10 for originality, because it was, in some cases, unique within itself. The 0 for appearance was rightly deserved... you yourself stated that you didnt want to put in tooltips. Plus the entire organization of the the entire setup was a mess. 3 for Gameplay... sounds about right. Nothing unique for the general army... but maybe 0 is a bit to harsh. 1 is probably better. Balance... yeah sounds about right.

Overall, pretty solid. Nice job Apheraz!

~Asomath

Level 35
considering a race of unedited dragons scored higher than my entry, there was definitely bias

appearance isn't all about tooltips, i have no idea when people thought it was

general army actually had a lot of effects for raising zombies, which was a constant theme throughout the race

gameplay should have gotten more than 3 out of 15

overall, train wreck of a review

~Love Guru

Level 25
Oh my would you look at that... seems polls aren't everything now, aren't they?

Anyhow congratz to all the winners and hooray for me :)

edit:

considering a race of unedited dragons scored higher than my entry, there was definitely bias

Considering half of your tooltips have "sh it" in them i am not suprised at anything.
And don't play the originality idea card, i saw the concept of mana for units a lot of times on THW maps, it isn't that special.

are you sure you're suitable as a judge? i'm sure you're not.

YOU are not the one who can say that. The HOST decided he is a good judge and his word is final.

Level 25
you seem to think tooltips make up an entire techtree

Who prevented you from writing nice tooltips? No one i know in their sane mind would ever play a race with such horrible tooltips, and belive me i showed my RL friends your tooltips.

interesting theory, no doubt coming from some of the finest minds on hive

I am not gonna get into an argument with you, if you continue in this fashion of insulting me i will be forced to find other methods of dealing with you, as mentioned several times before.

It's funny how you suggest foul play of others but defend yourself so blindly when you get questioned.

Quoting you:
well that's not very nice to say, nor is it your place to judge whether or not i deserve the number of votes i am getting

It's not your place to judge whether you deserved so many points or not either.

I thought you entered the contest for the sake of contest, oh how the tables have turned.

Level 35
you have irl friends?
if it's any consellation, my irl friends actually enjoyed playing it. so your theory's already blown out the water there.

i don't quite understand where the insult was, but it's good that you refuse to argue

is it blind if you're defending yourself? i'm not quite sure how you can do that blindly.

interesting how you display, once again, that you are consistently a hypocrite.
NOTE: this is not an insult, but a fact.

lol wazzz stop being peekay.

I am relieved this thing is done, but I don't quite like some of Apheraz' judging. When you claim something, eg. wazzz' race is ripped off from others, you must give strong evidence. I myself hate wazzz and how he rigged the polls (LOL GET OWNED I WORK ON MY MAP FOR 4 DAYS, GET 1/4 OF YOUR VOTES AND TRUMP YOU), but I haven't seen a mana-based thingy before.
I also disagree with bits of my race's judging. You have never tried a wagon-rush, have you? Spawn a market at an enemy's base, steal gold off them, and watch as you destroy them before they can make anything. I had to severely nerf that ability lol. All the units fit their roles perfectly, the Legion should get at least 5/10 (sapper = basic inf, engineer = caster, shredder = heavy inf, scorpion = siege/anti-air, zeppelin = air). Balance, on the other hand.... jesus a 6 is far too generous.

I also have complaints about others' judging but I won't voice them. GG to everyone!

Level 35
lol wazzz stop being peekay.

I am relieved this thing is done, but I don't quite like some of Apheraz' judging. When you claim something, eg. wazzz' race is ripped off from others, you must give strong evidence. I myself hate wazzz and how he rigged the polls (LOL GET OWNED I WORK ON MY MAP FOR 4 DAYS, GET 1/4 OF YOUR VOTES AND TRUMP YOU), but I haven't seen a mana-based thingy before.
I also disagree with bits of my race's judging. You have never tried a wagon-rush, have you? Spawn a market at an enemy's base, steal gold off them, and watch as you destroy them before they can make anything. I had to severely nerf that ability lol. All the units fit their roles perfectly, the Legion should get at least 5/10 (sapper = basic inf, engineer = caster, shredder = heavy inf, scorpion = siege/anti-air, zeppelin = air). Balance, on the other hand.... jesus a 6 is far too generous.

I also have complaints about others' judging but I won't voice them. GG to everyone!

lol yeah i want to avoid that as much as possible, but it is good to see that you agree with me on the judging style being shoddy

i really did enjoy overlord's submission, although admittedly it didn't function /too/ well in the current melee game in terms of balance and maintenance (actually, thinking back on it, maintaining the base may have been easy enough)

although i might have just been playing it wrong, i found it difficult to finish a building in construction without some form of cheat code

IF ANYBODY CAN TELL ME HOW TO PLAY THIS RACE BETTER, i would DEFINITELY love to give it another crack :3

Level 18
Congratulations to all the participants and specially to the two first places. (You did an awesome job been restricted to no imports)
(I´m a rookie modeler so I know how hard is to have restricted your expertise area)

Enough time to do a decent submission as always has been an issue here, but I think that the races with the most work on them got a good review.

To Apheraz Lucent, thanks for your judging, this contest was been forgotten without any winner and you just restore my interest in joining the next techtree contest.

My biggest mistake in this contest was to spend too much time in doing the heroes, and then thanks to an unplanned thing at college I ended up rushing many things. Heheh I even take out the 4th Hero cause it was incomplete.

Apheraz Lucent, would you mind if we chat a little. I would like to improve as much as I can, specially in triggers, and having more feedback would be much useful.

Level 35
all of her judging for mine was off, her comments either didn't suit the area or didn't match up with the numbers

my personal favourite is how she accuses me of not changing default statistics, and yet says the balance was completely off. considering the melee game is what we're comparing to for balance, that seems a little... silly.

come to think of it, you could theoretically get top marks for everything bar originality if you cnped a melee race and just changed the aesthetics. unless somebody else thinks the melee game is unbalanced.

Level 30
Killing post: (prevents further discussions about my judging. You have complains? Open a new thread, but don't be cowards this time, I would like if someone notifies me of such thread)

Wazzz, why would I have a reason to bring you down? You know that your map sucks. Maybe the community likes your map. I, from the proffesional view, can't tolerate such unseriousness.

Actually, appearance scores a set of visuals dedicated to the map's overall esthetic aspect and atmosphere.

I can't seem to remember when I said that I voted only on a tooltip basis, can you please be kind and remind me?

My votes were disturbed for: Tooltips, Icons, Models, Attack, Walk and Cast Animations, Unit Scale, Unit Selection Scale, Tint, Attack Missile, Missile Speed, Alpha Color, Model Logic, Icon Logic, Tooltip Logic, Model Connections, Buff Models, Special Systems, Color Themes, Iconset Logic, Iconset Color(s), Unit Sounds, Armor and Weapon Sounds, Attachments, Attachment size, color and tint, ...

Ghost, I would love to hear your opinion on my judgement, I am always open for suggestive criticism, as it's the best way I can improve myself for judging next contest.

Level 35
so you admit that just because i made it for fun that you have something against it. was it so hard to admit?

also, i notice that your 'gameplay' ratings always neglect to mention how well suited to the melee game the race is.

always the same problem, the highest scoring races are the ones least suited to the actual melee game.

interesting that you consider your perspective 'professional', and yet you slap on those 'one-liners' with every score. yet, you criticise my map's 'lack of seriousness' for the same reason. interesting how you have your own agenda.

Appearance ------------ 0/10
Tooltips that have no sense or with effortless atempts of troll humor are the worst thing that got your rating low, models that don't go well with each other (seriously, what are Night Elf Warden, Orc Warlock and Human Mage doing in the undead race?), button icons for passive onces, ... You could at least make the system for souls work as it should. Oh, and I advice you to learn the secrets of the Spellbooks.
Overall: Read every frickin' tutorial about visuals you may encounter. This is a complete disaster, I would even give you negative points for your heroic atempts to be insignificant - if I wasn't in a good mood.

it's explained that they are possessed units, and you always neglect to factor in that we weren't allowed to use imports. and yet, you consider yourself a 'professional' having looked at one techtree contest for the first time ever. amateurism at its finest.

side note: interesting how you're open for 'suggestive criticism' and don't offer any yourself.

Level 30
Sorry if this would be a double post, I can't edit my posts o_O (Hive Fail)
If any mod sees this, please merge my posts in the above case. Thanks in forward.

Wazzz, I think I've mentioned that I don't give points for ripoffs. Some may do, I don't.

Ghost, I rated whatever had the largest influence on the race, but I am aware that I probably made some errors, and I apologize for that. I tried to be as descriptive as possible, and those 'Overall' guides point out what influenced your race the most in those sections.

Astaroth Ziot, everyone is free to contact me if they need some sort of help, and I can aid - feel free to do so.

For these races: Xiliger's, Astaroth Ziot's, Kingz's and overlord_ice's - I am waiting for your race improvements and submissions, especially yours, Xil.

Level 35
there's a section for that called 'Originality', and no, it wasn't a 'rip-off'. although i notice you don't think anything else was a rip-off, so why my race only? hmm?

it's clear you have some form of bias against an undead race, which is very poor judgement when you're meant to present an unbiased view for judging. and that is why you are a terrible judge.

I'll use Wazzz' critique to show some things you've done. I'm not attacking your points or claiming they are wrong, I am simply questioning the basis on which they are formed.

-Don't say 'mana system has been done to death before and therefore its unoriginal'. Say 'mana system is unoriginal because its been seen in this mainstream game/popular map before'. Which it hasn't btw, I have not seen any system of his kind.
-Why do lack of buildings result in bad gameplay? The key word is why.
-You claim that all his units are carbon copies of Undead. This claim is general and vague, at least provide 1 or 2 examples of why they are similar. The skeletal archer is nothing like the crypt fiend IMO.
-Last thing, 'Looks like you stopped at 50% and just posted it, hoping for a miracle which has the same chances to happen like Madonna being at the age of 50 again'? Jesus take it down a notch! You can be disappointed or unhappy with a contestant's entry, but don't be mean!

Also lol <overlord_ice> FTW!

Level 35
also:

The Legion -------------- 0/10
Exact and complete ripoff of the Undead race, with even the same statistics and quite minor tweaks here and there, and since this is a techtree contest, not a copy-a-race-and-just-change-icon-and-model contest, I won't tolerate or moderate this, and you got a round number of points: zero. The only, ONLY unit that magically appeared in your map and is custom is Dullahan, which was sort of antimage. But he's still a rip of Necromancer.
Heroes are pathetic. The Leveller is the worst Hero I've ever seen in my six years of mapping experience. The Reaper has just as bad theme and a very bad combo of skills you matched (3 defensive, 1 summoning).
Overall: Pathetic.

i dont think you understand that the Legion is about how well the units work together, not how original the units are.
and the dullahan isn't a rip-off necromancer, you're really out to get me, aren't you?
it's an anti-magic unit with the magic shield ability. that's pretty different to the necromancer, who is a support caster for starters.

pity, i gave you so much to critique and instead you critique everything else, and in the wrong categories. at least you were right about tooltips, but there's more to a techtree than just tooltips.

Level 7
hmmm . . . .
i really don't have time to balance the race + making more buildings and units
that's really my prob D:
and only that i think :(
secret: no GUI!!! just vJASS!!! :D

and . . . . i'm not overLORD_ice, i'm overCOLD_ice . . . . . .

Level 35
lol THAT'S what you're sorry about?

hmmm . . . .
i really don't have time to balance the race + making more buildings and units
that's really my prob D:
and only that i think :(
secret: no GUI!!! just vJASS!!! :D

and . . . . i'm not overCOLD_ice, i'm overLORD_ice . . . . . .

i found it to be a very weird and fanTASTic race. i question how well it fits in with the melee game, but the concepts are brilliant nonetheless.

@GhostThruser's review:
Icon and model choices are good, tooltips are also well done, except the fact that the Research Lab should mention that "Every Research Lab built further increases your Tech Level, up to five levels".
Apart from that, really nothing more - you have the basics of basics.
Overall: Standard set of visuals.
Lol now that one is hilarious, come on you say so many great things and 1 small issue caused the points to drop to 4?
And yet for balancing:
You basically have, like, 5 units in total that can attack, and most of them require an engineer, which can cause some troubles in late game. The Land Mines are overpowering in the begining, as not too much races can get an invisible unit detection, and since their mana cost and cooldown are so low for such damage, they cause a lot of problems and give you a heavy-duty advantage.
You don't have required units to unleash a powerfull attack at an enemy, and you lack any sort of defensive building, other than the Kamikaze Goblins or Land Mines.
Units are well balanced in field of damage and hit points.
Overall: Balance crushed with low amount of created units.
/o/ That's like the opposite.

Level 25
@VengeanceKael
This is an outrage, i demand the pressence of the HOST who hosted this and HIS opinion.
And the current judge should have a say also.

Seriously, 2 guys question the judging and you decide it wasn't proper?
I can't belive how influental you must be to get things done around here nowadays.

No one ever questioned the judging of appointed judges in this fashion in any of the contests i ever witnessed, why is it an issue now?

I can go as well and object to your judging if I find it not fitting, then what? We are going to get another judge?

You are about to open up a dangerous doors my friend, if you found the judge not fitting after the results, then it's the fault of the one who put him on the place of the judge as well, not only his. At least that is common sense, no?

Level 35
now now, there's no need for any of that, kingz

a quick question, though. did you actually read any of the reviews?

nothing matches up with the numbers, everything is pretty flawed in the conclusions.

it's not about influence or power, it's about what's wrong and what's right. and these reviews are very, very wrong.

Level 25
I request valid posts from the host and VengeanceKael and all the reasons why should this proceed, as a contestant i am entitled to that.

Also in real life, football games aren't rerun if they suspect the judge to have made errors or had bias, he is just going to judge less or get removed from judging of future games.

Edit:

Still, what prevents any group of users calling out a judge's calling every single time? That is why we have judges and that is why they shouldn't be appointed lightly.

Level 35
this is hardly a football game

the comparison is faulty. a football game is real-time. the decisions are made on the fly and there's no room for backtracing.

a contest like this, however, well, we waited a long time just to get the results. they are open to the public for discussion.

nothing prevents people calling out judges, just like nothing prevented you constantly calling me out because i got loads more votes than everyone else.

but if the judge is so obviously wrong (read the reviews to see what i mean, GT and myself have pointed out flaws in our own reviews), then something has to be done about it.

Level 25
read the reviews to see what i mean, GT and myself have pointed out flaws in our own reviews

Everyone can find mistakes in anything if you look for them. People aren't perfect and i do know that.

However why has no one objected about the judge before the results?
Why no one stood up then?

Edit:

I am putting an end to my own words, i trust VKael will find the best situation tho i will be hurt if it goes as i think it will.
Sorry for the drama i may have caused, stress kind of got to me.

I am publicly apologizing to everyone i might have hurt with these posts.. It was not my intention but only my opinion.

Level 35
because these flaws are so glaringly obvious

seriously, take a look, we weren't just looking for mistakes, the mistakes were looking for us (man)

take mine, for example. EVERY SECTION except for Originality commented on my supposed 'lack of originality'. I'm not entirely sure where this lack of originality came from, either, as only her and you have said 'oh it's just another mana race it's no big deal where's my rolls royce'

then there's comments that my necromancer was a bad idea because you needed to keep it away from big battles, but needed him there to summon? that was never a necessity, did she even play my race? my system works by creating a unit that does the summoning FOR you, it automatically seeks out the closest corpse within sight range, even if it's across the other side of the map.

she said that you summoned units free of train time, but that's not entirely true. what is lacking in training time is replaced by mana regeneration. only a true amateur would miss a trick like that.

as other races can get multiple buildings to produce multiple units and my race only had the one unit being able to do that, i included upgrades to increase the mana regeneration time. i also allowed the mana capacity to be upgraded because why not.

apparently my race was an 'exact and complete rip off of the Undead'. that is completely untrue and i'm sure she only said that because the race was an Undead race, despite it being nothing like the melee game's Undead.

i'm apparently meant to learn the secrets of Spellbooks. WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

only thing she actually commented on in the appearance WAS that the tooltips were bad and i should learn about the secrets of Spellbooks (AGAIN THERE WAS A LACK OF EXPLANATION AS TO WHAT THE MESSAGE WAS SUPPOSED TO MEAN)

apparently my Dullahan is a rip-off of the Necromancer. THAT'S RETARDED. THE DULLAHAN IS AN ANTI-CASTER UNIT. THE NECROMANCER IS A CASTER UNIT. HOW IS THAT A RIP-OFF?

i could go on for days with this material. it's really poorly constructed.

Level 14
I must admit though Wazzz... your race did confuse me a bit. I couldnt unlock its secrets. Like, I wanted to upgrade its mana maximum right? But then, it said I need to upgrade undead mastery. But the mastery required 140 mana, and the necromancer only had 100. Im quite confused.

~Asomath

(Edit: I didnt mean that in the tone in probably sounded like. I genuienly could not figure it out)

Level 35
I must admit though Wazzz... your race did confuse me a bit. I couldnt unlock its secrets. Like, I wanted to upgrade its mana maximum right? But then, it said I need to upgrade undead mastery. But the mastery required 140 mana, and the necromancer only had 100. Im quite confused.

~Asomath

are you sure? oO
that sounds odd, but i would be more than willing to explain my race to you, although i might need to review that one just in case that's still there.

i thought the initial mana capacity was 500?

also, if anybody tells you i didn't have towers, they were wrong. i had the food production building that produced corpses for more reasons than just having a steady supply of corpses for the necromancer. the defensive tower also used corpses to summon zombies to do the attacking for them :3

Level 14
WazzsBug.jpg

Yeah! Was it supposed to be 500? That would make a lot more sense XD Thats why I was a bit more frustrated on the first page.

I did notice the towers, but perhaps what she meant by towers is that they need both land and air defense capabilities. You have no defensive tower for air.

~Asomath

Level 35
oh wow i do not remember it being that low lol XD

hmm i must see if i can find my map again, wow that is bad, i thought it was different than that

that is true that it lacked anti-air capabilities, that would make a lot more sense

EDIT: I just checked my map, and the maximum is 500. I have no idea what happened there oO

Well since I am judging this again now, could I at least send my first review to Pharaoh_ and have him take a look at it and tell me if I'm on the right path, because frankly, I'm not saying that I'm not experienced enough for this, but seeing how this is a special case and I have to re-judge it, you guys are obviously expecting better reviews than apheraz from me.
edit: Also if everything goes well then I should be done next Friday, or sooner.

Well since I am judging this again now, could I at least send my first review to Pharaoh_ and have him take a look at it and tell me if I'm on the right path, because frankly, I'm not saying that I'm not experienced enough for this, but seeing how this is a special case and I have to re-judge it, you guys are obviously expecting better reviews than apheraz from me.
edit: Also if everything goes well then I should be done next Friday, or sooner.

Just be honest, don't let the situation affect you at all. If you do, you will be biased to raise certain positions at a higher level. If you agree with Apheraz's parts, then that should be also be your opinion.
No need to send me anything, just go ahead and thank you both for taking the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.