• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Team Color Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am trying to make new skins, and for example I want a footman without a shield, however if I try to alpha skin it, the team color gets in the way of course. Which then it comes to the main question: HOW DO I REMOVE TEAM COLOR!?!?!?
Thanks for all those that can answer, and I am pretty sure you can remove Team Color as i've seen it done before. Thanks, Jojoman55. :ogre_rage: :goblin_boom: :ogre_rage:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

What you do is remove a material layer and alter another.

RemovingTC.jpg

* Two material layers in a material before removing the TC.

You want to delete all material layers (double click a material in the Material Manager) that use Replaceable ID 1 (this is the TC file and changes according to player/the specific team colour of a unit.) In the same material that you found a material layer with Replaceable ID 1, there's another material layer with the actual texture, this will be in Filter Mode - Blend, you want to change that to Filter Mode - Transparent if you want to alpha something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.