• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding team color to model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've been trying to apply team color to a model recently, but somehow it just wont work.
I dont know if this is because of trouble with the skins alpha channel (i have added one) or if it has anything to do with the geosets.
I tried ti change the material to team colored, but that kind of turned my entire model team colored. And a geoset can only have one material. So how does it work?

I've been trying to apply team color to a model recently, but somehow it just wont work.
I dont know if this is because of trouble with the skins alpha channel (i have added one) or if it has anything to do with the geosets.
I tried ti change the material to team colored, but that kind of turned my entire model team colored. And a geoset can only have one material. So how does it work?
The alpha channel on your skin represents where the team color would be.
If you don't remove anything from your skin with the alpha channel, use it to add team color to a model.
Inside the texture you want to create an empty texture. Change the replaceable id to 1 (that is for team color).
in the material manager, you will have to select the material you want to add the team color to.
Simply add another materialID there, move it under your original materialID, set the filtering to none and change the texture to replaceable ID 1.
then on the original materialID, change the filtering to blend.
TC should be on your model.

Level 4
The alpha channel on your skin represents where the team color would be.
If you don't remove anything from your skin with the alpha channel, use it to add team color to a model.
Inside the texture you want to create an empty texture. Change the replaceable id to 1 (that is for team color).
in the material manager, you will have to select the material you want to add the team color to.
Simply add another materialID there, move it under your original materialID, set the filtering to none and change the texture to replaceable ID 1.
then on the original materialID, change the filtering to blend.
TC should be on your model.

Well, i dont understand all of this, but i added another Material Layer inside the material used by the model, then i gave it the teamcolor texture, it also lies beneath the other material, yet the whole model still turns red. I also did change the original materials filter mode to blend (the matierial with the models texture), and that did make the alpha parts dissapear. What did i do wrong?

Last edited:
What he means, and what I explained, was that the team color materialID has to be above the skin MaterialID.

another thing that may keep it from working is improper alpha channels on the skin. Keep in mind, you have to alpha the part you want to be team color in the skin. You'll need some sort of advanced paint program for that. I use photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.