• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Teach Me Please - How Does WoW Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Because I think I'm not the only member who HAS NEVER PLAYED WOW, and I want to give a hand on this, I started this thread to bug Craka and the other WOW masters with stupid questions about how this game works. Let's start.

Ok, Craka wants some help with the mage abilities. But I want to do some question about WOW abilities and levels.
  • According to this link, the abilities are classified by Levels and Ranks. Levels are like the heroes in WC3, but Ranks?? what is that?? sublevels??
  • Other thing is that in this page I can see the abilities packed by levels, so in level 1 we have 5 abilities and for level 4 there are other 2 abilities. The abilities change totally when you reach certain level? in level 2 and 3 the abilities can't level??
  • Other question!!! Intellect.... is equivalent to intelligence in WC3???

Thanks for your answers :)

Level 25
About the levels/ranks with the abilities, Level means level required to train/use that ability, and rank is lvl of the ability.

Intellect is the same as Intelligence in WC3, except in WoW, Intellect also increases chance weapon skills while in combat (not required)

Actually, in WoW, every 2 levels a player can go to his/her class trainer and train for new abilities available.

Last edited:
Level 25
Mages have the ability to "Conjure Water" and "Conjure Food"
Warriors and Rogues however cannot make food unless if they have cooking skill and it's skilled up. Rogues and Warriors do not get a boost of engergy/rage (Which will be used as 'mana') when they drink water.
Warriors get I believe about 5 rage points per hit they make and take, and it costs rage points to use their abilities.

Rogues have energy, not rage or mana; therefore drinks are completely useless to Rogues, unless if you wish to sell the drink for an extremely low price (about 50 copper up to 4 silver.) Their energy gains by 10 points per second and it obviously costs energy points to use abilities.

Warriors and Rogues have a set number for their maximum rage/energy, which is "100/100". The most rage/energy you can gain is 100 points maximum and there is no special enchant, specialization, or anything else to increase it past 100.
Also, the only thing that can help regain points of rage/energy is "Rage Potion"(restores 100/100 rage instantly... 10 minute cooldown) and "Thistle Tea"(restores 100/100 energy instantly... 10 minute cooldown)

Status
Not open for further replies.