• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tester Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
BETA Testers tend to provide bugs, glitches, and most of all suggestions! I've never really taken a deep look at the suggestions we get, but here's a list of them. I'll update the post or whatever whenever there are new suggestions.

The purpose of this thread is for us to discuss suggestions and ideas provided by fans of Wc3:WoW and most of all, the BETA Testers. Why do we take a closer look at the suggestions by BETA Testers? Because they've gotten a taste of what we have so far and what we're going for, therefore, their point of view is more adapted to Wc3:WoW than someone who has never actually played Wc3:WoW.

Suggestions:
  • Redo the Wc3:WoW Character Creation to be more like World of Warcraft. The way it is right now in Wc3:WoW is terrible!
  • Extend the Field of View (-clip <value>) in Wc3:WoW for high-end PC players!
  • A.I. Bots should be more human-like. A good example would be to have them able to jump repeatedly as they are traveling down a road to the next zone or as they're fighting another player/A.I. Bot. Other things that would make them more human would be conversation, so you (or the bot) can ask for a heal or whatever...
  • Orgrimmar's walls are too enclosed and mess up the camera. Fix the terrain and make the camera able to avoid colliding with walls, buildings, and other objects - just like in WoW!
  • Ganking is cool and all that in Wc3:WoW - it makes it feel more like WoW - but the fact that the Alliance A.I. Bots that are ganking are not only dumb and terrible at PvP AND PvE, but also are really low levels! I've never seen a level 4 even ATTEMPT to gank... for a more WoW-realistic approach, make the ganking A.I. Bots from the Alliance at least higher than level 18, otherwise it's utterly retarded.
  • NPC priests are completely useless unless you want one for DPS. Make them able to help the player more! (buffs, heals, assist with killing mobs, etc.)
  • Too easy to level! I understand that it's nice and all having creeps constantly send at each other but, I get experience for their kills? I had gained 4 levels in a minute! it might be best to change it. I gained levels even while not next to them...
  • Sometimes I get tired of having an A.I. Bot in my group or accidentally added an A.I. Bot to my group. Would be nice to be able to have the option to either disband the group (leave the group) or specific group members out of your group. Same goes for raids when you guys add that.

Ideas:
  • When talent trees are added in Wc3:WoW, A.I. Bots should have their own talent tree which is chosen out of about (for example) five other talent tree setups. For example, one Mage might be mainly Ice spec while the other Mage is Fire or Arcane spec.
  • When the item equipment and model attachment system is added, newly created A.I. Bots in Wc3:WoW should have randomly picked armor, weapons, and other items with them/equipped to increase the variety of looks for bots, making it more 'realistic' as far as the WoW world goes. Would make sense to have a large list of preset inventories/equipment for higher level bots though - but not all higher level (60) bots should have presets.
  • Small and large raids of Alliance A.I. Bots should cooperatively attack cities and towns (and gank Horde A.I. Bots and you, the player, in the process) such as Orgrimmar or Razor Hill.
  • It'd be cool to have RvR (Realm versus Realm) gameplay in Wc3:WoW - the being able to besiege, capture, and hold a city such as Orgrimmar or Stormwind would be really awesome and I don't see any reason why not to add it since there will be no players who get angry at the idea since the city which will fall would have an 80% chance of being the other team's city (the hostile A.I. Bots) rather than your own, which means you wouldn't have to worry about hearing A.I. Bots complaining about Wc3:WoW being unbalanced or whatever because of that.
  • When creeps (AKA mobs) spawn, they should fade into the game like in WoW instead of instantly appearing in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.