• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

TD Unit Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im making a TD and when ever you summon to many guys they tend to clump together and sometimes stop moving for a bit. Is there a way to reduce this "lag"?

P.S. I'm also wondering what a good way to balance the Towers to the Units their killing. Any ideas?

Level 13
Whenever you summon too many units and make them all move down a lane at once it makes unit moving delay. This is player based. This isnt normal lag.. If player 1 has over 50 units moving and player 2 has only 5ish players 1's units will have a reaction delay to them, player 2's units will not. A trick to make less "unit lag" is to split the units up among different players if you can. I would have to see what your set up is though to elaborate further.

Just reference some other TDs for tower to unit balance, that kinda thing comes with experience and good judgment, but just try and keep a scale of certain lvl towers can always kill certain lvl units. :)

Level 4
No like i mean.

Team 1
Red Blue with the computer Gray

Team 2
Teal Purple with the computer Light Blue

Team 3
Yellow Orange with the computer Dark Green

Team4
Green Pink with the computer Brown

So that way, there are no extra computers.

Level 12
You're going to have to tell us more about this. What are the computer players supposed to do?
Is it like Hero Line Wars where the players create enemy-charging creeps, which are owned by their allied computer player?

Level 12
That must be a lot of units.
I'd recommend, if possible, the fusion of two things:
1. The classification of the creeps as "Ward". This will hide all order icons in the UI of the unit.
2. A trigger that removes every "Ward" unit each user player owns from their selection, every time they select a unit (or units).
That means they won't be able to have a proper look at the creeps they send in, but assuming that they get attacked by the same creeps it's not much of a problem.

Level 13
No like i mean.

Team 1
Red Blue with the computer Gray

Team 2
Teal Purple with the computer Light Blue

Team 3
Yellow Orange with the computer Dark Green

Team4
Green Pink with the computer Brown

So that way, there are no extra computers.

trust me wc3 has unit moving limits.. 1 thing you can try doing is.. Making the collision size on all these units 0, if thats not a big deal

Also give player 13 to team 1
player 14 to team 2
player 15 to team 3
player 16 to team 4

The neutral player probably wont work right though as you will probably have stores in your map.. So it is a problem with you haveing so many teams..

Status
Not open for further replies.