• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

TD Terraining Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Well, i'm stumped. I want to do a Solo-style Tower Defense, but I am absolutely terrible at terraining. So I come to you folks.

If anyone could make a solo TD with terrain similar to that of Evee TD or Element TD (in that it is large, and that the creeps walk across a set path rather than mazing) I would be forever grateful.

It doesn't have to be anything spectacular, it just needs to be done.

In exchange for this, you will recieve 8 whole reputation points. Any tileset can be used, i'm not at all picky, and no particular detail or region work needs to be done, just the terrain.

Level 36
I want the paths to cross, I want them to be long enough, but not rediculously long like the ones in a game like green TD or something, just long enough to have some need for strategic placement.

I want terrain for 10 players, since 11 would make it uneven.

Thanks a lot man :)

Ok, I finished the rough core of it, if you want me to change it let me know, but it might take longer.

The simplest of course would be creating some tile variation, or adding doodads, the most difficult would be either redoing it or adding another area (for whatever purpose you may require)

Attachments

• TD Terrain.w3x
    35.5 KB · Views: 45
Level 36
If there's any way that you could widen the path without having to redo the whole thing, that would be amazing. It just seems a little cramped right now, the towers would have to have no range in order to make it balanced.

Doodads and tile-variations are great, and as I said, take as much time as you need :)

Ok, I made a new version, its only 9 players (would look wierd with 10) I can add in 3 more, and you can use nuetral hostile for the runners.

The way I did it, you can have creeps running in either direction, or both, whatever you think would be better.

If you want me to tell you how the pathing goes, I'll show you, but it should be rather straight forward.

Attachments

• TD Terrain2.w3x
    46.5 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.