• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TD Ideas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello! I need help with ideas for a TD I'm going to create for the clan KKLD on europe. I thought about making it like a Orpg/TD, where you have a hero and fight against the waves that come and level up and get items and such, with a save/load ofcourse. That needs to be balanced since a max level not should boost everyone to max level. Please post your ideas and I'll check them. +rep for all ideas that are original, and Credits to the ideas i use :p

Level 13
Y not go with Hero Towers with a inventory of 2
Have a few different races to pick from each having a different setup to some point

Naxlo = Splash Bonus or something like that
Torfen = Freeze
Hades = Immolation
you would want like 3-6 different races to pick from

The point of the hero towers is that they would get stronger the more that they kill.

Allow items that give the bonuses of the other races but make them a bit costly.

We talking a team TD or a FFA?

Level 7
I had an idea similar to this, it was a cross between several tower defense games, where you built towers, that were hero units, they'd fight and die (ones that survived would get stronger) and then they would all be switched back to towers (in build position, for a better idea of this, play Legion TD War) but have triggers measure each tower's progress and enhance each tower to match their hero counter part.

Level 10
I was working on an original tower defense a few years ago (gave up because it got difficult to keep track of balancing). I haven't seen anyone else use the idea (yet people say that everything has been done).
It was called Single Tower Defense. You have a single tower to defeat waves of enemies that enter and circle your tower. Instead of building more towers, you must upgrade yours into one of 3 streams (speed, splash, attack, while tier 2+ you get hybrids (say speed plus splash, or splash plus attack)). The game is won when you survive to wave X, and lost when you have more then X enemies circling your tower.
The map might still exist attached to a post in the old thread if you wish to try it out (didn't really get too far because of balancing hell).

Level 9
greatsontim, I think it will be a 2v2v2v2. But anyway nice idea :p Maybe will use it, (or something similar) +rep

Landmine, there is a td like that, or almost, where u only got 1 single tower and upgrade it, but it isn't exactly like yours. Still, i would like to play it, checking it out :p.

Level 13
The hero tower thing allows towers to slowly get stronger without having to pay out more gold. Normaly capped out at level 5 or 10 depending on how you want it and the amount of gold you get from creeps

Status
Not open for further replies.