• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TaurArcanist

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Though he looks weak upon a first glance, the Taur Arcanist has great magical power.

Feel free to edit this model, but don't forget to give me credit!

Keywords:
Taur, Centaur, Mage, Axe, Magic, Boobies, Hero
Contents

TaurArcanist (Model)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
†-Revellion-†: 1
Mr. Bob: 0

Be that as it may, it seems to lack definition. He's got all these knives stuck to his waist, seemingly haphazardly, and while he uses a Centaur head, he's somehow bipedal... What kind of race is he? (Taur??)

Just looks somewhat sloppy; moar definition.

I rate this a 3/5

Heres my reasoning:
The "Spell Slam" animation should be named "Stand Channel"
It's a channeling animation. It couldn't even be any sort of attacking animation, let alone be a heavy attack like "Spell Slam".

The attack animations rotate the torso nearly 180 degrees. It should be a Spineless"Taur".

The texture is just too messy. I would put a helmet on it so you don't even have to attempt to skin the face. If you must skin the face, at least reshape the head to match.

The legs are too small. It looks silly when it does any kind of action. The foot is almost twice as wide as it's thigh.

That's my Constructive Criticism. I would like to see this model improved. It would deserve a better rating.

Level 31
Yeah, you can. Just use Geoset anims and darken it until it's greyish.

lol a giant grey blob. Yes, that would look spectacular.

Anyway, why don't try the campaign screen footman texture? It always does the job well. A good modeller knows what textures to pick. A good modeller isn't lazy with his texture choice. Search deep within the MPQ till you find the perfect match.

Anyway, cheers, and good luck! The model itself is great.

Level 31
I got sick of the campaign textures pretty quickly.

Then find another! Although, it is kinda strange that you are taking the current one instead of a perfectly decent other.

But, if you really do not want to use it, just look for more. The mpq is huge. I'm sure you can find a better texture than this. It's not about how good of a modeler you are. It's about how good the model is.

Level 3
Hey all. I know this is necro-ing, kind of - But would you be willing to update this Model? It is a shame that it does not function properly.