• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Targetable Spells Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well... you can practically make a dummy spell for each case, which practically does nothing. And then, you have a trigger like this:

Event - An Unit Starts the effect of an Ability
Conditions - Ability Being Cast equal to Tralala
- Random real between 1 and 100 is lower than or equal to ChangeOfSucces (change ChangeOfSuccess with the percentage chance, number between 1 and 100)
Actions - Create 1 dummy unit for owner of (casting unit) of position of (casting unit)
- Set 1.5 seconds expiration timer to (last created Unit)
- Order (last created Unit) to Human - Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target Unit of Ability being cast)

The ability which the dummy casts can be adjusted to the ability you want. If you want the damage to always occur have the normal stormbolt do damage and the dummy one do no damage but have it stun the unit. Stun can be adjusted through the duration.

About the targetable spell with % change you need to go the same with dummy units. If you want different chances for each level, then you can just put the second condition through IFS and base on dummy units once again. Its pretty easy if you get how to do the storm bolt stuff.

The last one, I think it already exists. Look at Goblin Tinker's ability and try to get how it was used. I never used that ability so I can't advise you how to use it. Though I could easily try to get it... :wink:

~Daelin

Level 3
ok tty :D , one more thing...my unit editor is bugged...it doesnt show what means anything..it just appear A C Lv S how to fix it?
and what means '' - Set 1.5 seconds expiration timer to (last created Unit) '' i didnt understand..

Level 13
KF7_Avenger said:
and what means '' - Set 1.5 seconds expiration timer to (last created Unit) '' i didnt understand..

it means the last created unit (dummy) will have 1.5 sec life time.

so, after 1.5 second, the dummy will die. this action usually is used to clear every dummy unit that reamin after casting spell, so it doesn't fill up your map.

Level 6
KF7_Avenger said:
ok tty :D , one more thing...my unit editor is bugged...it doesnt show what means anything..it just appear A C Lv S how to fix it?

Press Ctrl+D, I believe.

I think you're viewing it as raw data.

Level 11
Its possible that it bugged JUST LIKE my editor and it actually shows only the beginning letter of the stats and nothing else. In this case, your ultimate solution is to reinstall Warcraft (or just copy-paste the World Editor executable) and it should solve the problem.

~Daelin

Level 3
so..if i give the dummy 1.5 time life doesnt really make any difference that action right?
hmm....ok let me try explain again...im tryng to make this spell- Shock does 200 damage and has 25% chance to purge target unit. i tried do what u told me but it isnt working...

Status
Not open for further replies.