• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tank Battle developement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Some words from James Tomas
Hello everyone in The Hive Workshop!
First, I want to thanks you guys for supporting me, accepting me and helping me. After my first map uploaded to The Workshop, Tap Tap Challenge, I decided to make another map and uploaded it here, on our Workshop
My second work: :fp:Tank Battle

Now I am here to ask for you guys' help again. My second map is very far from complete. It's still in lack of many thing, and most of those things are beyond my ability. So I hope that people on The Hive Workshop can help me in perfecting my map.

Below is a list of things I haven't done yet and I want them done in my next version:
  • Sounds for my map. Something like Double kill, Open Fire, and so on... need sounds added to make things more living and attracting.
  • Screen Shots: The most shameful thing is that I cannot add screen shots into my map's description. I can't take any screen shot of real multi player game and I really want some to perfect my map description
  • AI: Yeah, a reason for the thing I need above is that I can't make AI. I'm not a good triggerer, so I hope someone who's pro in triggering can help me out with making AI for my map.
  • Item list: Now I only have 3 spawning items for my map. That's a big lack and I really want to improve this. I think more items with more variable effects is needed for my map
  • Skills improvement/Ideas: I've completed my skill list, but I still feel that there are problems and it's not perfect. I will listen to any one's opinion about the skill list and how to improve it
  • And many things more...

I open a thread here to ask for help from any Workshop's member. I hope that your constructive opinions and supports can help me to make my map better and better
Any help, opinion and support please leave here or on my public profile as Visitor's message.
Thanks

Level 5
I downloaded your map and i found some Leaks. In the movement triggers, you use

"Set Temp_Position[(Integer A)] = (Position of (tank 21) offset by 5.00 towards (Facing of Tank[(Integer A)]) degrees)"
This leaks a pos if im not wrong

Last edited:
Level 5
Instead of this:

"Set Temp_Position[(Integer A)] = (Position of (tank 21) offset by 5.00 towards (Facing of Tank[(Integer A)]) degrees)"

Use to variables, Curent_Pos and (Move_to_Pos = Temp_Position)

Then first set current position of the tank.

Set Curent_Pos[(Integer A)] = (Position of (Tank[Integer A]))
"Set Temp_Position[(Integer A)] = (Curent_Pos) offset by 5.00 towards (Facing of Tank[(Integer A)]) degrees)"

Hmm, i did some recoding in your map for fun :p

I can send you the edited version if you'd like to test. Im not sure if it's better but :p

Status
Not open for further replies.