• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Element Battle 2 - The Cross War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi all! I'm planning to make another map and upload it here, on The Hive. But, my map is far from complete; and with myself, I can't handle everything. So I upload my Alpha map here so people can help me out with my problems
My map is below; please download and try
I want some (I mean a big) help in terraining; The map size is huge, and I can't handle everything (as I'm not a good terrainer:sad:)
Also, I want people to give me opinions about the current Heroes, Item system and so on. Please find out problems and tell me
And ideas are always welcomed, as well as constructive opinions about how to fix things.
Thanks all

Attachments

• Element Battle II v1.00.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
Level 7
Okay... Some more information about my map:
Type: AoS
Game play: There are 2 teams with 4 players max each team. Team 1 "Element force" will have to destroy the Dark Energy Core of the 2nd team, the Dark Force (or the corrupted) team. The game play is explained in the Quest option too.
The special things about my map is: There are elements, and one element is strong against one element and weak against another element. For example, Fire is strong against Earth and weak against Water. Not only physical damages are involved, spells' effects and damaged are influenced by the elements as well.
So these are what I need:
  • I need some heroes idea. I need at least 40 heroes; at least 3 for each Element Core. Hero must be balanced to the game (Spells are not too weak or too strong; You don't need to give me the exact figures for the spells, but another details are needed). And not all ideas are guaranteed to be used. Better priority for ideas that involve Element effects, lots of custom skills and unique things...
  • And, as i've said, I need a big help in terraining. Please note that, if you want to help me in terraining, please contact me and I will give you the LAST version of my map, and then wait for your work to be done. But I will not wait for more than 2 days.
  • And I need people to check my items, as well as my triggers, to make them better. I don't need much ideas about items, but some unique ideas are always welcomed.
And, of course, helpers will be credited and some +reps are guaranteed if you are really helpful
~Thanks~

Level 2
Hero Suggestion:
Queen of Ice (Jaina skin, with maybe an icicle on top of her staff, or blue tint on her)
1st skill: Chilling Wave - Damages enemies in a wave and places frostbite debuff on them (10 second slow). Higher damage and mana cost each level, more potent frostbite. Maybe 80 dmg per level, mana cost 100/120/150 and frostbite slow AS/MS by 7% per level
Shatter - High damage and short stun to single target that has frostbite debuff. Higher damage and mana cost, longer stun duration each level. maybe 130 dmg/lvl and 0.25/0.50/1 sec stun
Frost Aura - Gives a % chance to all allies around her (including herself) to frostbite enemies on each attack. Higher chance and AoE. Frostbite level is the level of Chilling Wave's frostbite. Chances maybe 5/10/20% and AoE 200/400/600.
Ice Miracle (Ultimate) - Damage all enemies and heal all allies on AoE around her. High dmg/heal and mana cost each level. Slightly less cooldown each level.
And about the Elemental effects... I dunno... Maybe stronger against water/air and weaker against fire/earth ? xD
I got a question... How many levels will skills+ulti have?

Level 2
I have played your map but only a little bit because my b.net didn't work today and now i'm reinstalling wc3 so i can't check the map again... I did check it :p but i forgot and i just wanted to be sure... >.>
I'll think i want to help you test it and also with ideas... But for now i'm working on fixing my wc3 xD
How do can i quote? :p i'm new to hive kind of
Ok, i'll try to keep the next skills simpler and more precise in their description

and how's the hero? xD

Level 2
well i've thought of another guy but he might not be so good because the creeps on a lane are the same element from both teams... but here goes nothing

Chanter (maybe no element? i dunno about this rly)

skills: Energy Chant - Heals fire and water elementals and damages air and earth elementals. (affects units and heroes, allied and enemies in AoE around)
Speed Chant - Raises MS/AS of air and water elementals and slows and minor-stuns earth and fire elementals (again, affects units and heroes, allied and enemies in AoE)
Power Chant - Increases dmg of fire and earth elementals and decreases dmg of air and water elementals. Extra effect on heroes: next spell is free of mana-cost for Fire and Earth (non-ulti skill if u can manage to implement this detail, if not go figures) and silences Air and Water. (affects units and heroes, allies and enemies in AoE)
Symphony of Elements (Ultimate) - All 3 chants are casted at the same time (if you have them) at their current levels. All allies get only the positive affects whilst all enemies get only the negative affects (no matter the element).
alternative ultimate: Improved Chants (Ultimate) - Positive affects on allies and negative affects on enemies are a little stronger whilst negative affects on allies and positive affects on enemies are weakened a little. Passive - this one would be very hard to implement.

note: by alternative i mean i couldn't decide on 1 of those 2 xD if u wanna implement, you're choice which one

Last edited:
Level 7
Hmmm... This hero is not really useful in battle, but somehow, you made me think about a hero with some elemental effects like your chanter. Thanks for your help
But next time, you should write like this. It will make people see your skills easier
Skill 1
Description
Skill 2
Description
Skill 3
Description
Ultimate
Description
Alternative skills
Normal skill(s)
Description(s)
Ultimate(s)
Description(s)

Level 2
he's not that useful because the same elements are pitted against each other on one lane *rwj voice*: I'm just sayin'!
i'll let you know as soon as i come up with more ideas (oh and i've been receiving some help from a friend of mine xD)

EDIT: Heroes do not respawn in the map (i've noticed it the first time too but i forgot to tell you xD)

Last edited:
Level 2
Well, I was wondering.... (when the game starts) why I control two heros?
I realize that I got my elemental hero (fire) and I saw a "Mountain King" as a hero under my control too.... =/

that's my doubt :O!

Status
Not open for further replies.