• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Tails Tails Tails <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
That lovable little fox is back.

The reference model shown in some pics is by a man named Chris Senn, who apparently worked on a Sonic game that never made it to completion; and released some of his old 3D resources from which sprites would be rendered.

tailswip.jpg

tailstailstails.jpg

sex.jpg

4. Could you resist that face?
omfg.jpg

5. And done!
wintailsawesome4.jpg

6. WIP walk cycle?
tailswipwalk.gif

6. I have modified his UV-map to support four different eyes. I think the angry ones need to be sharper, though.
tailseyes.jpg

If anybody dares ask me to make any other Sonic-related character (especially Knuckles), they will be... Ignored at best, subjected to a massive swear-fest at worst.

Last edited:
Level 24
Nice. Man, that looks a lot like Tails in Sonic R.

*Censored for harsh language bashing Sonic and everything he is involved with. Also toss in some "He doesn't belong in SSBB" comments.*

Sonic totally deserves to be in SSBB, because he's a rival company's answer to Nintendo's Mario. Similarly, I think Capcom's Megaman should have made it into SSBB.

Level 24
What it is is that his eyes stop at the side and then go straight down, as opposed to coming to a peak somewhere in the middle (of the eye) and then curving back down.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I like the tail movements in the animation.

You should make him run instead of walk for a change.

Level 23
Robotic because his head doesn't move, nor his hips (though that's more due to his strange pelvic structure than my dislike of said motion; it's really not worth putting it in without giving him a properly defined body).

In fact, everything is a lot smoother in Milkshape and beyond; a 24fps GIF doesn't seem to capture him all that well.

Level 21
Right now the two parts of the leg are disconnected and when it moves you can see the obvious hole. Here's an example of a leg pivoting around

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also, you could snap the two vertices in the back together, but that wouldn't achieve the boot effect

Anyway, +rep

Attachments

• LegExample.gif
    LegExample.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 389
  • LegExample.jpg
    LegExample.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 332
Level 36
Alrighty:

1) The texture looks MS paint, i'm sad to say. Seriously, the texture inside the modelling program looks better than the final one. It's so flat... and boring... but that would be forgivable if:

2) Tails didn't suck and Knuckles wasn't 50 times more awesome.

3) Make Knuckles now pl0x.

Level 24
The skin is pixely in the given image, but I have no way of telling how that would turn out during gameplay, because my D drive is too full to run anything without my graphics card freaking out. And no, I don't understand how that works.

Level 24
If you think Rouge has large breasts, you're not very familiar with Japan and its many terrible entertainment medias.

Level 36
Indeed, though I both think that Rouge and Shadow were totally overdone, and only serve to make the original characters (besides Tails, since he's a pansy) look better. I mean all Shadow does is make Sonic look tough, and Rouge only serves to make Knuckles look even more badass than he was before.

Level 23
The spam here is disgraceful.

The legs are not disconnected at the knee, that's poor skinning. The part stretching out is 'inside' the lip of the boot.

Elfsilver Lord, he uses his Tails to fly, hence the name.

The texture is only four-colour or so, yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.