• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tactics: Undead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hmmmm.
Solo.
I would start with the altar and ziggurnaut ASAP, and make a Dreadlord (auroas kick). Build 3 more Acolyts and then follow up with crypt, graveyard. From there try to get an army with gouls to crypt feinds 2 to 1. Constantly creep, while maintaing your army. Upgrade your (halls? i forgot which comes first) As soon as you can spare after the 6th acolyte. When a mine is cleard build 5 more to cover it up. With armies, I like to always have at least two forces. One to take the brunt, and the other to cut their retreat or to back up your own forces if things get bad, OR you can sneak attack their base while your main forces are engaging their main forces. Also one of the best undead units are Necromancers. Build thoes quick too. Skeletons are good cannon fodder and can easily turn the tide of battles. Upgrade skelatons when you can spare. Dont bother getting frowt wyrms. If they get flying units simply use web with auto cast, andyour gouls will take the rest.

ANY GAME In theory.

Start zigurnaut crypt. Build gouls like no tommorow. Wait till night and find the base. If done right, you can wipe out their single hero defense. This works really well on small maps (duh) like booty bay.
-to be honest a friend told me that one. The other is what I can descern from the manual and the one normal game I have played using them. I actually won it :)

Level 12
Solo
I have not really found a good strategy, sorry.

FFA
Ghoul to wood, two acolytes to gold, third alc:
  1. Zig
  2. Crypt
  3. Altar
  4. Graveyard
  5. Mine Gold
Summon one more alc to gold, ghoul, buy rod of necro for dread lord, teach dreadlord sleep.
You want three ghouls to get lumbre, and afterwards you want to mass fiends. Creep kill as much as possible and then teleport if base is attacked. You should be able to have at least a level 2 hero tho as your dreadlord can solo a green creep by using the Rod once at the graveyard and sleeping the strongest monster in the green camp (level 3 at highest or two level 2). Adapt your units to what your enemies are weak against and never have more than 4 frost worms. Also remember to keep a few fiends around with web in case orcs use bat riders.

Team
Same start as above.
You want 3 statues who heal, two mana, two in destroyer
5 Necros, three of which are auto cast Raise Undead, one to cripple enemy heros, last one to cast unholy frenzy on a dreadlord\unholy knight.
Also you will want three meat wagons with exhume corpse (never autoload corpses)
Maybe 4 banshees in the begining, 3 to posses good units and one to curse heros, but this is very optional.
After that just tailor your army to supplement you allies army, do not make the mistake of making two different armies, over generalization breeds defeat. Jackson (or maybe DD) and I defeated three enemies allied against us with just our two armies. We were badly outnumbered but because we had dedication we won, they were easily seperated and defeated.

Level 7
i do solo: just mass gouls with deathknight to start. the tech to necros with spiders when you are attacking

team: mass spider abom is good.
necros statue meat wagon owns
and ofcourse the tech to wyrms somethimes works

ffa(my favorite) just do a tech to or - mass garg only gargoiles own because you can makes very much gargoiles and they rule then the enemy has air and if you want build some wyrms with that and deathkight and dreadlord for the auras and a neutral hero
when you have your army full upgraded creep and check for enemy expansions. my tactic : tech expand fast destroy enemy exps and overrule them on recources( very funny to do a kamikaze attack to kill all the enemy units (and yours) but then :twisted: to see that the enemy cant buy new ones)

Level 8
Yeah, good tactics. For more tactics turn to this site:
http://www.battle.net/war3/basics/
else use these:
http://www.battle.net/war3/(write the race)/
For an eksample:
http://www.battle.net/war3/undead/
I also got some tactics:

Against air:
Make 2 statues (can't remember real name) set them to heal life (autocast), 2 abonomation, a hero, and 7 spiders (web researched)
Then make them to a group.
When you attack you send the hero and the abonomations in front so the air attack them instead of your spiders, heal your hero(s) and abonomations, while your spiders web the air and you trying to kill them.

Level 8
necros don't work very god against air. (maybe i miss understood you)

Against weak ground units:
12 Full upgrade ghouls (armor, attack and faster attack speed), a hero, 2 meat wagons (corpse regenaration reseached), 2 statues (one autocast mana healing and second one heals life), 7 necro's (skeletal longlevity and skeletal mastery researched).

Set meat wagons, hero and ghouls in front, turn on autocast for "raise skeleton" so the 7 necromancers create 14 skeleton mages and after cooldown 14 more. Should work very good against weak armies.

Level 7
but i have a great tactic versus the necros with orc (very hard one )
first you have to scout map with the watching things of the with doctor then when he is comming
cast bloodlust on the taurens and place a stunning thing when he comes stun him (duuh) and then fast rush with tauren (all upgrades + bloodlust + chieftain aura = pain!!!!)
or just use some catas or air

Level 7
some gouls with frenzy are exstremely good against archers because the archers will aim the air units and the gouls can fast kill the archers

Level 3
i say garga as soon as possible.. ( it rules vs compu.)

but who the hell am i ? i suck against players :p

Level 7
against the archers btw wyms have splash so archers can maybe survive for 10 secs and mass garg is great ffa strat (hard to counter)

Level 6
I think it's best to just add a couple to your army for heavy support and to freeze up the enemy buildings. If they try to take down your wyrms, you can slaughter their weaker units and use death coil to make them last longer.

Level 5
The BNet guides are extremely outdated, so don't use those.

Here's a tactic that's good for learners in solo, CL+DK fiend+statue+wyrm, this is better for starters because fiends are easier to micro than ghouls, and it's a pretty versatile strategy that, when you have more practice, can transform into dk+lich+cl fiends+stats+destroyers.

Ok, so here's the Build Order:
Acos to mine, ghoul to wood
Queue 1 aco
Pick an aco and build a graveyard and a crypt
Queue 1 aco
At 150 gold build a zig
At 180 gold build an altar
When Crypt is done queue 1 ghoul for lumber
At 215 gold queue 1 crypt fiend
At 150 gold build a ziggurat
When Altar is done queue the Crypt Lord
At 215 gold queue another crypt fiend
Upgrade your first ziggurat to a nerubian tower, useful against harass
At 120 gold queue 1 more ghoul for lumber
When Crypt Lord comes out learn carrion beetles, use it near the graveyard until you have like 3 or more beetles
Build a Tomb of Relics
Upgrade to Halls of the Dead

So you start creeping with CL, 2 fiends and 3+ beetles

During the tech you get some more fiends and 1 ziggurat

When you reach tier 2 immediately get a DK, slaughterhouse and web, in that order (research and use burrow when you have better micro)

After that tech to Black Citadel
During this tech get a sacrificial pit and 2 or 3 statues (1 or 2 for healing, other for mana)

When you get to tier 3 build a boneyard and start pumping frost wyrms

This should get you started pretty quickly.
Recommended skill order for CL: Beetles-Carapace-Beetles-Carapace-Beetles-Locust Swarm-Whatever
for DK:
Coil-Unholy Aura-Coil-DeathPact-Coil-UnholyAura-UnholyAura-Whatever
The reason you don't get animate dead is because you are using the corpses for beetles and skeletons. Remember to death pact the beetles when your DK is low on health.

Hope this helped.

Level 5
i think 12 gargoyles and rest frost wyrms is good against the base ( 1 frrostwyrm on every attackbuilding--->freezed--->no attack)the gargoyles against the units i think. @flayl i havent won with your taktik against an computer easy but i m so bad that that has nothing to say. (lvl 0 on bnet i won 1 time against a computer)

so i only have to say:

Fungames Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.