• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tactics TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm starting a map, it's a TD and the races are referred as "Tactics" in this game, various tactics are Mazing Tactic, Poison, Ice, and Etc. I'm looking forward to releasing the first version, when i have 12 levels and 4 tactics. There will be various upgrades, mazing forms, and combining towers to make 1 tower. This is one map that I won't give up. More info will be provided as I'll progress.

Screenshots

I hope you enjoy the alpha screenshots.
Questions I have answered.

Originally Posted by PurplePoot View Post

* What are some features?
* What's unique about this map, why should I play it over 2,000 BNet dishwater TDs?
* Does this map have good replayability; if so, why?
* Screenshots?

Good question, I didnt want to really give much info yet. The uniqueness is that there are many combinations of towers. For instance lets say you picked Mazing Tactics and Poison Tactics, they both have combinations. Each tactic will have atleast 5 different towers combination that goes in their branch, also their are special bonus tactics, if you picked Mazing and Ice tactic, your towers will get an increase of some range and damage. Replayability, Im looking forward adding Team Mode, one side against another, and Easy, Normal, Hard system. Each adds armor. Also if you beat the game on Hard, it'll tell you how to get 2 secret tactics. I dont wanna give everything away though. Just stay tuned, then I'll post screens, right now it's only alpha. Thanks for taking your time to read this. Keep on asking questions. Feel free to give ideas, and make them why should they be in this map.

MY INGAME NAME IS S-W-A-Tactics ON US WEST

Last edited:
Level 2
  • What are some features?
  • What's unique about this map, why should I play it over 2,000 BNet dishwater TDs?
  • Does this map have good replayability; if so, why?
  • Screenshots?

Refer to here
Good question, I didnt want to really give much info yet. The uniqueness is that there are many combinations of towers. For instance lets say you picked Mazing Tactics and Poison Tactics, they both have combinations. Each tactic will have atleast 5 different towers combination that goes in their branch, also their are special bonus tactics, if you picked Mazing and Ice tactic, your towers will get an increase of some range and damage. Replayability, Im looking forward adding Team Mode, one side against another, and Easy, Normal, Hard system. Each adds armor. Also if you beat the game on Hard, it'll tell you how to get 2 secret tactics. I dont wanna give everything away though. Just stay tuned, then I'll post screens, right now it's only alpha. Thanks for taking your time to read this. Keep on asking questions. Feel free to give ideas, and make them why should they be in this map.

Level 2
Test Tower ;)

Anyways, maybe do some more work on the terrain? Also, I mean truly unique things, not just "more towers". Your upgrade(s) depending on the tactic combinations picked sounds nice, though.
I was thinking about improving the terrain, but how do you make a great terrain on a TD? I never thought of that. I also thinking of making a mode called Tree Mode, where randomly place trees are over the map and you'll have to use them at your advantage.

Level 2
Just make it a bit more interesting, add some doodads on the edges, (and some on the path that don't have pathing) and scatter various tiles to make it look a bit more natural. Height variation is nice, too, but don't do too much (in a TD)
Thanks, you are very helpful. My map will be great because of you. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.