• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

T.S.O.F -Terran Special Operation Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Every Skin is made by me. None of them are released. You can contact me if you want one.

The Models are from Talon the mages konstrukt pack. And I also got some not released Konstrukt Models.
I also edited the Konstrukt Marine Animations for FPS-View.
The RocketLauncher and breaking glass Model are made by me.

Ok, some gameplay information:

You will play the role of the Leader of TSOF Omega Squad. You can Control your unit with the arrowkeys. Youn don't really have to be good at aiming, the shootingsystem is pretty torlerant.

Controls:
Arrow Keys = Movement

Q = Prone
W = Attack (primary)
E = Secondary Attackmode
R = Reload

A = Squad Manegment (You can select members, who should or shouldn't react to quick-Commands(F1-F3) and you can command a member to use specific abilities)
S = Squad-Command-Menu (Complex Commands)
D = Switch Viewmode (Ego <-> 3rd Person)
F = Interact (Pick up items, open door, use Computer, etc)

Z,X,C,V (for Germans it would be Y,X,C,V)= Heroabilities

F1 = Offensive Formation
F2 = Defensive Formation
F3 = Hold Position

You can choose 3 abilities for your Character at the beginning of the game
The other ability will be determines by the armor.

Before every Mission you can "buy" items and change your armor. But be aware that TSOF just gives you and your Squad onlyan specific budget, determined by the result of the previos mission. The better you are, the more you can buy.
Of course it would be best to have the right equipment for the mission (when you know it's dark you can buy nightvision or if you don't have much money just a flashlight attachment). But be also perpared for unexpected turns.

There will be 4 different armors and 8 weapons to buy (there will be more in the game, because you can pick up weapons from dead enemies) and some other stuff like grenades, nightvision, turrets, etc

You can give simple commands to your Squad (F1-F3) or more complex Commands by placing waypoints (there will be different ones for different kinds of behavior)

I'm tired of writing.... I'll post some details about the spells later

And because there seems to be quite a lot of interested people in the international Mapping community, I'll make a englisch version of the TSOF page.

TSOFWIP15.jpg

Ghost.jpg

Heavy.jpg

Medium.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
Wow,you made all the skins/models on your map on your own?You are great!How much are you working on this?

Of course Tilesets and Skins for Custom Doodads are not included.
But fadefilters, most Unit Skins(especially Marines) and the Interface(it's still in WiP) were made by me.

I'm making the Concept, Skins and Triggers and Models if necessary (I don't really like modelling...it takes so much time...). And all the Landscape was also made by me.
There is also 54T4NmI5T. He is making Triggers and Scripts like me.
And recently Coldgamer joined the "team". He's our Landscaper, so that I have more time for Triggers and Skins

They are all from the German Mapping Comunity of inWarcraft so you probably won't know them.
There's also one guy who wants to join as a landscaper, but I'm still not convinced that he's good enough (and he criticized my landscapes quite hard T_T)

Level 25
You should try to get "Corexx" into your terraining department. He's god at terraining, and my personal favorite terrainer. But he's probably too busy with his project "Neratia RPG" at inWarcraft.de, but I think it would be worth asking. :smile:
~Craka_J

Level 25
left and right are for turning.
There is a Ability you can choose, which allows you to lock a target and also to strafe. A bit like in Metroid Prime.

That sounds pretty cool. I guess it'll be best to judge how well it works and how easy it is to use when the game is actually released and playable, that way I can actually provide a truthful answer/opinion.

Also, I don't think I've asked this yet but will there be a closed beta soon or open beta? If so, I'd like to apply to be one. I would obviously report all bugs and so on if I had discovered any.
~Craka_J

Level 25
The most common bug people come across in FPS maps that deal with keyboard movement is when a player strikes the turning keys, the camera or unit turns too much and the function gets glitched pretty bad and will happen repeadidly until the map has been restarted or if you added a smart script that debugs things when a player types -debug or something like that.

Another problem with FPS maps is that the crosshair is almost never accurate and shots fired miss a lot or deal no damage. If you enabled some sort of genious idea to make arrows aim and WASD keys to move, then the crosshair can be a lot more useful and accurate/efficient.
~Craka_J

Level 6
Hehe thank you all.
Of course you will be able to test a beta version.
I will also need (not now, but in the later Progress) some Voiceactors

I got DarkEvilArthas as a new member.

I'd really like to make a gameplay trailer, but there are some scenes I want to have in it. And secondly, I don't really know how to make an video or which programms I have to use. Maybe you would be able to help me with that.

Level 19
Hehe thank you all.
Of course you will be able to test a beta version.
I will also need (not now, but in the later Progress) some Voiceactors

I got DarkEvilArthas as a new member.

I'd really like to make a gameplay trailer, but there are some scenes I want to have in it. And secondly, I don't really know how to make an video or which programms I have to use. Maybe you would be able to help me with that.

I'm the experienced voice actor around here. (or divorced unemployed actor.) I'd be glad to help where help is needed.

Level 12
I am ChaosOverlord and I support this message!

"The project of T.S.O.F. is part of a greater movement, one of intense mapping that seems to be reviving the communities of WC3, and pulling those from the darkness of WoW back to the light of fully moddable RTS game. May we pray for those who have not yet found the light again, and that these projects that have been started are only the first in a long train of the Golden Age of Mapping."

Level 12
Oohh question time? Okay I got a few:

Will the maps be just a big passage way that you have to fight through with no strategy at all, like Call of Duty where you just shoot a lot and hop eyou dont die, or more strategically inclined such as Gears of War?

Will there be small... side quests I want to say, but thats really not the right word, but wahtever. Side quests that you can do? Like get a code after killing a certain guy then going to a door that most people wont find because they are too busy just killing everything and running through? Or recover certain items to get more cash to start the next mission?

Level 6
I want the Campaign to be more tactical. Because it's Warcraft I can't focus the gameplay on action.
And I also try to make multiple passages (I don't really know if my terrainer got that). So if you have the right equipment you can open locked doors or something like that to go an easier passage, without wasting Bullets for Enemies. But you just have 6 Inventory slots so you have to have priorities. You have to think of How many and whick type of weapon you need (mellee, long range, etc), if you need remotes for destroying doors, if you need Devices to hack Computers for getting codes, Nightvision for extremly dark areas, Grenades for fighting, Meds, Stimpacks, etc

So you even have to think of which items you need.
The second Problem would be the question, wether you can afford them or not.

There will be some side quests. Sometimes. Or at least I plan to make some.
Some will serve to open easier passages. Some will serve to increase the amound of cash you get for the next mission.

There will just be crawling. Jumping would just be usefull when the gameplay would be focused on action. Crouching is not included, just because the Konstrukt Marines don't have an animation for that. Climbing would also look ridiculous without an animation.
Strafing is included with an special spell.

Level 6
There will be Zergs.
But the mainenemy is a terran organization working against the UED. So there will be custom terran units. The Konstruktpack has 4 unittypes. And I would be able to make some Skins. And the 4 units could also have variations through weapons. I'm still hoping abriko will release acathla Mission 2 pack. But he said he would give me models when he is be sure this project won't die.

Level 25
To make it look like they're climbing a ladder, make them prone and look like their standing. Then put them on a ladder doodad or whatever and play the crawling animation while they hover up/down. That's a good way to make it look less rhetorical. :smile:
~Craka_J

Level 8
ooo nice craka also I'd like to add an idea it would be very awesome if you could add different ways like either go through a forward left or right tunnel. And as you go through that tunnel you choosing your own path and the path you take ends the game in a different way or that path takes you to a different ultimate weapon or different bosses.
-Yabooer

Level 6
I would have to import the model in gmax. But the problem is there is no importer for gmax, that is able to import bones and animations correctly. So adding animations to an existing model in gmax is out of question.
If there is a importer which would be able to import everything correctly, then please tell me which.

I made a Walk-Backwards animation but that was in the text editor (kinda like copiing the animation but in the opposite order). But making a whole new animation for a model in the text editor would be too much work.

But your idea for climbing is great. Thank you

Level 3
i think that's opposite, FPS gaming in WC3 will always be lacking but the more popular AOS and lore-oriented maps are just getting larger thanks to warsoc... i think the future of WC3 mapping is here, not there

Level 25
More fun questions:
  • Custom UI skin?
  • Custom music?
  • Custom sounds?
  • Multiplayer version someday?
  • Filesize so far?
  • Custom loadingscreen(s)?
  • Hijackable vehicles?
  • What weapons will be included?
  • What is the primary objective and storyline for you and your squadrant?
~Craka_J

Level 9
More fun questions:
  • Custom UI skin?
  • Custom music?
  • Custom sounds?
  • Filesize so far?
  • Hijackable vehicles?
~Craka_J

Lemme help y'out there...

- Yes, there's a screeny with it in there.

Actually, that's the only one I know. Hope he cruises on up here to answer them...would be cool to be able to enter-exit vehicles.

Level 6
This map looks great man, I love the terrain and the icons, this map has super potential, If you make this map to the final point I guarrenty this map will be a big hit. Keep up the excellent work. and I would love to beta test this for you :D.

~4rankie~

Level 6
i think that's opposite, FPS gaming in WC3 will always be lacking but the more popular AOS and lore-oriented maps are just getting larger thanks to warsoc... i think the future of WC3 mapping is here, not there
I think so.
But it's more fun to try to make some kind of FPS for Warcraft than making an AoS. Of course it won't be like a perfect fps, but it could also be fun and it would be something different, compared to all those AoSs, Footys, HeroArenas or TDs

More fun questions:
  • Custom UI skin?
  • Custom music?
  • Custom sounds?
  • Filesize so far?
  • Hijackable vehicles?
~Craka_J
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Dunno. Maybe I could make a Multiplayer version of some essential Scripts. And some other guys could make another Multiplayer part with a parrallel story.
5. Dunno how big the final version will be. It's 15MB now. But the file size will increase, although there are some files I don't need
6. No. There was this kind of ability in SCBF but TSOF doesn't support that.
7. Assaultrifles (3), SMGs(2), Shotguns(3), Machineguns(1) &Miniguns(2), Rocketlauncher(1), Flamer(1), Sniper(1)
and there are some grenades, mines, turrets

8. Hmm I don't know how much I should say.
In the Introduction it is said that you and your Squad are sent into a abandoned space station.
Your objective is to find out what happened, which organization this space station belonged to and if they were hostile towards the UED what kind of technology they researched in that station. (the rest is hidden, because I don't know how much I should spoil)
You soon find out that the people in that station were massacered, but there are no traces about who did that. There are only victims of the same group.
So your main Objective through the first half of the campaign will be to find out who did that by following the traces that are left, but that's not as easy as it is said...

There will be 5 Missions. Each mission will have multiple maps (Mission 1 e.g. 5 Maps, Mission2 has 2 Maps)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.