1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Swan Knight & Vile Knight

Submitted by HerrDave
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
"...turning, Prince Imrahil gestured behind him and said 'Behold, the pride of Dol Amroth!' "

Featuring
- Knight of Gondor (Swan Knight)
- Knight of Mordor (Vile Knight)

Keywords: Lord, of, the, rings, war, ring, battle, middle, earth, II, Horse, horseman, heavy, cavalry, medieval, noble, royal, lordaeron

Changes
- Hotfixed Portrait
- Removed Attack - 2 Animation (Overhead swing/bludgeon)
- Added Shield
- Added Mordor Variant
- Updated Vile Knight's Helmet
- Added Attack - 2 Animation to Vile Knight (Because Halberd)
- Made capes double-sided, no more flat TC on underside
- Now the capes are double-sided
Contents

Swan Knight (Model)

Vile Knight (Model)

Reviews
Archian
Love it! We need more Cavaliers like this in our database. Liking that attack animation.
General Frank
Works in-game, performs appropriately and is a good addition to the model section. Excellent work!
  1. Larrel

Larrel

Resources:
    Resources:
    wonderful!

2. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Fantastic and stylish knight! Rare to see a mounted knight with a lance..

Also will this spell anim replace the one currently on the Knight of the Blazing Sun? This one would fit perfectly with it.

This is also a perfect Bretonnian Knight!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  3. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This is crazy-good. Love the Teutonic feel, all that heavy armor & full face-plate and those cool helmet-pokey-up-thingies. Spell anim is an extra bonus.

4. Galadgod

Galadgod

Resources:
    Resources:
    Holy crap, looks amazing!

5. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    "attack - 2" lel

Good model, you should focus more on mounted models as they are quite lack luster on hive.

6. Zess

Zess

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Fantastic work, but "attack 2" is... kinda unpractical.
    But, on the other hand, I understand that a lance is a weapon for which it is difficult to make many different attacks of animation.

7. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I'm thinking about removing it, but I'm unsure if the lack of variety in the animations will get me roasted again or not :<

8. Makoodzaka

Makoodzaka

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks just like those riders from rise of the witch king. Simple but so useful especially for more lore based maps and campaigns with multiple human factions.

The interesting thing about Dol Amroth though is that this whole concept seen in games workshop models and in rise of the witch king is not canonical.

Like many other locations very few details are given about Dol Amroth and its denizens. The few facts given to the reader are: they're a pure-blooded (mostly) numenorean people, they live in a coastal city, Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth came to aid Denethor with a troupe of soldiers and knights, Prince Imrahil is among the greatest warriors in middle earth who 'emerge unscathed' alongside Eomer and Aragorn from the terrors of Pelenor Fields.

Judging by this information the image of late-medieval paladin lancers is quite ill-fitting. Numenorean sea farers, unlike the rohirim, weren't known for their cavalry and the martial prowess of Imrahil and his knights is more of a result of their nobility and of their numenorean blood (see the Grey Company of 30 numenorean Rangers who defeated 3 Corsair armies on their way to Minas Tirith) as opposed to their horseback mastery or their heavy paladin armour. I would imagine a host of Dol Amroth, just like the host that travelled alongside Imrahil, would consist mostly of Infantry with the noble knights being mounted but just as skilled on foot... their army should look quite similar in composition to that of the elves of the North as opposed to that of Rohan.

9. Zess

Zess

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, maybe Instead of the attack 2 - the usual poke with a lance, and the attack 1 can be edited a bit: the knight lowers the spear at a greater angle and kinda... nailing(?) enemy to the ground, and he sharply pull out the jammed lance before returning to its start position.
    P.S.
    I doubt the correctness of the translation, and I'm afraid it will be easier to make a picture of this or to remade it by myself, so that it is more clear what I mean

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  10. Tovio

Tovio

Resources:
    Resources:
    Absolutely gorgeous.

11. Storm Knight

Storm Knight

Resources:
    Resources:
    by the emperor a knight model that uses the spear

for once my dream has come to pass i can die a happy man now...

12. Sinandur

Sinandur

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nowhere near enough dedicated lancers on the Hive and this one is wonderful.

I actually prefer it shieldless; the only shield that would really make sense with that kind of heavy armour is a heater shield* and it'd look pretty silly, given how small they were, compared to kites or the bigger round shields. It'd probably end up looking like a buckler on a hulking knight like this.

The model is great on its own, but I love it when coupled with CloudWolf's Gondorian skins.

5/5.

Edit: I love how small the file size is, too. Alas, I have no more stars to give.

* For those interested, it traded in size for thickness, as it was meant as a way to defend against the anti-armour weapons that developed to combat plate; not many arrows could pierce the later period armour. Of course, once guns got good, people started to sacrifice protection for mobility... beware of Saruman, eh?

13. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Love it! We need more Cavaliers like this in our database. Liking that attack animation.

14. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please do more Mounted units, the Hive really lacks them severely.

15. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The shield is nice, but why didn't you keep the old variant in a different version?

16. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I kept getting too much flak for not sticking a shield on him :\

I stuck an experimental jousting shield on him, but it looked too small and silly compared to the rest of the Warcrafty proportions.

The shield is easily removable as it's polygons are not close to others of the same geoset, so people can just select them in an editor and hit [Delete] and it'll be the same as it was pre-update

17. infrenus

infrenus

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    @HerrDave , if you like the tiny modifications I made on mine, you can import the animations from it, the shield clips a little bit less agaisnt the knee

18. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :thumbs_up:Spoicy Shield

19. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    That new variant looks great, but what about this:
    [​IMG]
    Also, i think the old attack -2 should be re-added to the vile knight, that would be nice