• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Survival Ministructure: Camp Fire

Campfire, useful for getting warmth, cooking, crafting, keeping predators away and mosquitoes close.
Alternate and morph is for turning on the camp fire.
Upgrade is for the version with spit.

The pack includes 5 attachments, including a clay pot, and four roasted animals. All which can be attached to the spit ("chest" attachment)

Update: Did as Kyrbi0 suggested and separated the animations into attachments instead. And fixed some UV mapping issues. Also made an animated texture on the logs when the camp fire is activated which looks great (IMO).

Update: Thought the attachment models lost forever, but found them on an old hard disk and decided to upload them before they would be lost again. Sorry for the delay. Only four years, hahaha

Update 2: Put firepit animations in right order and removed some unused textures from the attachments.

The_Silent

Keywords:
Camp Fire, Fire Pit, Survival, camp
Contents

Clay Pot Attachment (Model)

Roast Pig Attachment (Model)

Roast Rat Attachment (Model)

Roast Stag Attachment (Model)

Roast Wolf Attachment (Model)

Survival Ministructure: Camp Fire (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A very fine collection of survival style doodads/objects. Models work in-game and perform well. Good job. :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Another essential model, done right.

However, purely from a pragmatic perspective, you really ought to consider removing the meat-versions, and then simply adding an attachment point in the center of the spit. Then you could upload any number of (properly proportioned) Meat models that all fit over the fire, without having to copy/paste/upload nearly-identical versions again & again (much less mess with upgrades & all that).

Just my $0.02

However, purely from a pragmatic perspective, you really ought to consider removing the meat-versions, and then simply adding an attachment point in the center of the spit. Then you could upload any number of (properly proportioned) Meat models that all fit over the fire, without having to copy/paste/upload nearly-identical versions again & again (much less mess with upgrades & all that).

Just my $0.02

Done. Also added a clay pot attachment.

Just a small wrapping issue I noticed.

Fixed it on the attachment, plus some other wrapping issues I found.

Also used some animated texture magic on the logs.

Level 3
I'm sorry, but is there a tutorial on how to change the appearence?
My knowledge in the editor is good, but this just confused the hell out of me!
I got the 'upgrade' working, but how do i get fire and clay pot?

Thanks in advance, i bet it's obvious, but my brain hates me atm.

I'm sorry, but is there a tutorial on how to change the appearence?
My knowledge in the editor is good, but this just confused the hell out of me!
I got the 'upgrade' working, but how do i get fire and clay pot?

Thanks in advance, i bet it's obvious, but my brain hates me atm.

Use:
Art - Required Animation Names
In the unit editor, or the trigger action:
  • Animation - Add/Remove Animation Tags