• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Super Smash Bros. Ultima suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have started work on a Super Smash arena, however, I am thinking this whole thing up as I go, there are 3rd party characters (sonic, snake, Evangelion-unit-01 etc.)

however I would like suggestions for other characters and maybe other ideas

I may have made the size of the map a bit big so I could be able to fit something like a defense in as well.

feel free to siggest

Nightmare

Level 16
Create a knockback sequence, and not something based on their health, i.e. dying. For example, create a rackup damage, so it would loop this trigger based on the amount of hits one has taken.

Event: A unit is attacked, or something to that effect.
Conditions: Yours to add
Actions: For each integer from 1 to Variable (damage)
-Makes attacked unit face attacking unit (instantly)
-If Variable [Player number of owner of attacked unit) is greater than #, then pause attacked unit (simulating tumbling), else do nothing
-Move attacked unit to (Position of attacked unit offset by 50) to (Facing Degrees of attacking unit)

What this does is create a form of Smash which will actually knock enemies back, i.e. off a stage (I suggest you mimic Flatzone or another stage that really doesn't have the haphazard of falls. Also, you may want to create a knock up simulation where they are thrown into the air, and up to a certain loop in the sequence mentioned, kill the unit to represent star death.

Level 7
if you dont know yet their is a new super smash bros. coming out for the new nintendo system, Wii, (That's the system) called super smash bros. brawl (Replacing the 'melee'). There will be 5 new characters from the old one, including: Wario, Metaknight, (from kirby series) Pit, (From an old game called Kid Icarus(He looks like an angel-archer)) Samus, (Without her suit and with a beam sword) and a secret character which they havent released information about. So I hope some of these are in. :D

Bloodvirus said:
I said 'IF' you dont know, stupid. I didnt claim to know better. And reserve posts for information and not backtalking. (I also know THIS is a backtalk post but it is informationnal in saying not to backtalk :twisted: )
[/quote]

I'd rather not get into flaming and another "near-warning" phase like I can sometimes get into, so I'll just say that you obviously don't know that we KNEW LONG AGO that there was a new ssb coming out for the wii. Its on the 2nd page of the off topic section.

Oh and btw, I'm sure nightmare would agree "stupid" is probibly worse that my flames. Also, I think it would be best if you remove the [/quote] from the end of your post.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You should not include sonic in a super smash bros arena since firstly everyone wants it as close to the orignal super smash bros chain and secondly SONIC is a SEGA Character.

I Believe all Characters in SSB+SSBM are desinged orignaly by NINTENDO so try to keep it that way.

Otherwise if you add sonic you should atleast add archimonde or other wc3 characters to it since they are about as closly realated to nintendo as sonic îs.

An ideas for third party chacters are king dee-dee (kirby finalboss from the orignal kirby GB game) and some of the less well know donkey kong chacters.

Ki

Ki

Level 7

Anyway, I think that you should make your character controlled with the arrow keys and you could use the qwerty keys as hotkeys for regular attack and special attacks. Additionally, I think you should make the arena small, but with good terrain.

I kind of like where my idea is going. Maybe I'll make my own SSB map, although, chances are I won't.

The only thing that would be of any problem is getting models/skins. It may be difficult creating a SSB environment on wc3.

Level 7
update

Do not think I have abandoned this idea, I am also looking at your suggestions

Eusira, I should be able to create a knock-back sequence, but the star death may not be a possibility.

Dr Super good, Sonic is in because I think Nintendo bought rights to him, and yes there is a WC3 character in this game but I won't say who.

Ki, once I can get the triggers right, chances are I will do that.

The Super Smash arena will be Kokiri's Forest.

Level 4
Third party character?

Please note guys that he said "Third-Party" as in.. not nintendo characters. So yeah. And are you going to have new items? If so what are they? (Just curious)

My Third Party Character:
1) Aschylus: Greek playwright killed by an eagle who dropped a tortoise on his head (true story)

Status
Not open for further replies.